You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

No

No he doesnt

This is a gamble, yes it is.

He didn't fulfil potential at Inter who loaned him out to a middling La Liga side, where he did quite well.

And then Inter sell their starlet for under £10m, after pretending that they weren't interested in selling, and the player himself preferred to stay.

1 appearance for Brazil.

Other 20 year olds for Brazil include Neymar (27 caps), and Lucas Moura (22 caps). Lets just be aware of how unfulfilled this Brazilian talent is, it was us and Southampton chasing him, nobody else batted an eyelid.

And now we're throwing him into the physical PL arena and expecting him to bloom?

Really odd target, hope I'm wrong, but fear we've just wasted a chance to strengthen.

You see, this is my concern.

We're paying about £10m for a lad, and his highlights reel needs per-season friendly goals, and futsal goals as a lad, to pad it out to 3 minutes. May as well ignore the free kick goals, that's Luis' patch and Stevie is queuing up behind him as well.

I've just got a baaaaaaad feeling about this one.

He's only 20 for fucks sake.

He was brilliant at Espanyol when he was there on loan.

He was bought during Rafa's very short reign, when Inter had a huge squad that essentially won the the Champions league, so was going to take a while for him to get into the first team.

Since then, Inter have been playing a system which doesn't really suit him.

So just because he's scored a few pre-season goals doesn't mean he's shit.

I am not watching any youtubes until I see him in our red shirt.

Seriously, the most annoying thing about this (if it does go thru), is that I got him in a FIFA13 FUT Gold Pack last week - and sold him for 300 coins.

Shit. Does Brendan know about this?

This is a gamble, yes it is.

He didn't fulfil potential at Inter who loaned him out to a middling La Liga side, where he did quite well.

And then Inter sell their starlet for under £10m, after pretending that they weren't interested in selling, and the player himself preferred to stay.

1 appearance for Brazil.

Other 20 year olds for Brazil include Neymar (27 caps), and Lucas Moura (22 caps). Lets just be aware of how unfulfilled this Brazilian talent is, it was us and Southampton chasing him, nobody else batted an eyelid.

And now we're throwing him into the physical PL arena and expecting him to bloom?

Really odd target, hope I'm wrong, but fear we've just wasted a chance to strengthen.

His back story reads nearly identical to Sturridge's.

Inter are selling him because they play a formation that he's not needed for. Not many other teams need a player like him/have the money to go and make this kind of signing.

Think you should get used to this type of signing. He's someone with loads of potential that has not really developed how it was planned. We're going to sign players like this and coach them to make them better. It will work with some and not with others. At least Rodgers has shown that he is a good coach and has improved the likes of Suarez, Henderson, Downing and Enrique this season compared to last.

Hope this works out, the lad has talent

I've never understood bad feeling towards Ayre, he was one of the key reasons we got rid of the Americans and he clearly loves the club and wants it to peogress.Also he done an excellent job on the commercial side of things since he came.I am very happy with him in the position he is, as for transfers he is working for someone and has to do things the way they want in regards to policy's and fees and is right in following them.

Missing out on Dempsey was good for us as it gave playing time to youngsters to help them develop, I agree with our policy and even though the Dempsey saga looked bad it showed other clubs we ain't being fucked around no more and we are not bullshitting when we say we ain't going over a certain amount.

As for coutiniho I've only seen him when he was playing for rafa at inter, a fast tricky who's versatile, exciting signing IMO its been a long time since we've had so many good attacking options in midfield.

• Downvote 1

You see, this is my concern.

We're paying about £10m for a lad, and his highlights reel needs per-season friendly goals, and futsal goals as a lad, to pad it out to 3 minutes. May as well ignore the free kick goals, that's Luis' patch and Stevie is queuing up behind him as well.

I've just got a baaaaaaad feeling about this one.

I agree with this guy. Are we seriously buying a player who has no proper YouTube compilation?

What a joke. Our club is a shambles. This players is doomed to failure.

And I'm not saying he's shit, I'm just warning people that we've bought potential and not someone likely to come straight into the first team and look Neymar.

Giovani Dos Santos, Adel Taraabt...*mutter*.

No mate you are at it so can tell everyone didn't I tell you so. It's a piss poor trait to be honest.

Mischievous and self centered hedging your bets for future kudos if the lad struggles.

Ask yourself this. Will you be happier having your concerns vindicated or feel OK about some on here roasting you for getting it wrong again.

Some fucking dilemma for someone I assume to be a genuine red.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Joe Allen would get in the current Barcelona team' date=' guess who said that 3 days ago[/quote']

I'm surprised your posting in a transfer thread, Paddy!