You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Cup: Mansfield (h) match thread

aRdja

Had an argument with a Forrest fan on FB who said that after Mansfields fitting Hillsborough tribute Suarez mocked the dead with his cheating. Some of the stuff I've read is incredible. I asked this individual to actually re read what they had written and say iy outloud so they know how incredibly stupid they are being, to which they replied 'I'm just stating the obvious' from a Forrest fan this was just incredible.

I've read some stupid remarks in relation to yesterday but this one takes the biscuit. What a nobhead.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talksport on in work this morning, Keys and Grey have just said they cannot believe the papers today and its all absolutely disgusting. Totally defended Luis and said if this was any other player it wouldn't be mentioned. Also hammered Jon Champion for his "cheat" comments. Quite refreshing to hear.

Talksport on in work this morning, Keys and Grey have just said they cannot believe the papers today and its all absolutely disgusting. Totally defended Luis and said if this was any other player it wouldn't be mentioned. Also hammered Jon Champion for his "cheat" comments. Quite refreshing to hear.

Would do my head in to hear Grey defend any Liverpool player bar Torres a few years ago. You sure it wasnt staged?

Would do my head in to hear Grey defend any Liverpool player bar Torres a few years ago. You sure it wasnt staged?

Honestly, quite passionate in their defence of him. Over the course of the morning they've had Peter Reid and Darren Lewis from the Mirror on who also defended him, as well as Alan Brazil. The only person to say he should have made a stand was that cock Ronnie Irani.

Honestly, quite passionate in their defence of him. Over the course of the morning they've had Peter Reid and Darren Lewis from the Mirror on who also defended him, as well as Alan Brazil. The only person to say he should have made a stand was that cock Ronnie Irani.

First time i have heard this station in ages, but wanted to see what was being said.

Not only did Irani say he should have told the ref and stopped short of calling him a cheat. He also showed the studio pictures of Suarez apparently walking past a young lad looking for an autograph, making him out to be some sort of devil. Guessing thats just a typical Man U fans opinion trying to rub salt into wounds before a big game.

Who?

Glad there's more defending him than lambasting him. Hopefully this trend continues when he does nothing wrong next week and gets lambasted for doing nothing wrong.

Big deal, Suarez is football's pantomime villain at the moment, good, football needs them given that it is after all entertainment. What would the likes of the holier than thou Martin Samuel and the like have to write about if it wasn't for Suarez?

As many have pointed out there are plenty of other examples of 'cheating' that don't seem to cause such an uproar from Terry to Henry.

Class comments by Mellor on twitter.

Also, the misrepresentaion and misquotes going on are pathetic. What Their Goalie really said:

When you see Luis Suarez laughing as he kicks the ball over the line, he knows himself what's happened," said Marriott. "Even Stewart Downing said to us 'I can't believe a professional official has missed that'.

"But it happens. It's football, I don't think you can call him a cheat. I know a lot of people have done in the past. Every man, from a Sunday League football team to the Premier League is going to do that, and if it gives you an advantage and you can get away with it, then unfortunately that's football."

Bollocks! The latest stick to hit Luis with is that photo of some kid trying to get his autograph as he arrives at Mansfield. It's already gone viral and attracting comments from all kinds of fucktards up and down the country. I have no doubt that Luis spent time signing autographs for kids yesterday, but some opportunistic prick decided to catch this particular shot and posted it on our own website. The first time I saw it was on Twitter yesterday and it was on our own fucking Web page.

They can carry all they like because the beauty of this is that all this vilification actually galvanized Luis and has helped make him an even better player this season.

Big deal, Suarez is football's pantomime villain at the moment, good, football needs them given that it is after all entertainment. What would the likes of the holier than thou Martin Samuel and the like have to write about if it wasn't for Suarez?

As many have pointed out there are plenty of other examples of 'cheating' that don't seem to cause such an uproar from Terry to Henry.

They'd have to write about the games a lot more and to do that they would have to think a bit harder about what they are writing. In turn they would be sacked and replaced with someone else with a C in O level English who obeys the editor and is prepared to magnify the side issues.

ESPN have issued a statement regarding the comments Jon Champion made about Suarez.

“We take our responsibility to deliver the highest standards of coverage to our viewers. ESPN’s editorial policy is for commentators to be unbiased and honest, to call things as they see them. Inevitably this can involve treading a fine line on occasion, especially in the heat of the moment. Comments during the Mansfield v Liverpool match caused offence where none was intended and we have spoken to our commentator about this incident.”

BOLLOCKS!

ESPN have issued a statement regarding the comments Jon Champion made about Suarez.

“We take our responsibility to deliver the highest standards of coverage to our viewers. ESPN’s editorial policy is for commentators to be unbiased and honest' date=' to call things as they see them. Inevitably this can involve treading a fine line on occasion, especially in the heat of the moment. Comments during the Mansfield v Liverpool match caused offence [b']where none was intended[/b] and we have spoken to our commentator about this incident.”

BOLLOCKS!

This is actually good. While I agree with you that Champion did indeed mean offence, his comments have still been highlighted and for the first time in a long long time (certainly that I can remember) a TV channel has had to make an apology for a commentators in-game comments. This is embarrassing to Champion and that pleases me.

Bar the one or two Lawtons & Champions of this world, virtually everyone (players, press, commentators alike) are saying that this is a vast over reaction and to move on. I think if anything this has reinforced the impression that Suarez is getting unfairly vilified at times.