You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny on Wenger

Dr Nowt

It's nice winning trophies and all, but the most important thing for the club is to get back into the top of the league table and everyone knows that the league will always be the most important trophy we desire the most.

We are not even a top four side any more, let alone a side which can dream of winning the league. There are four better sides better financially placed than us, and at least three sides with playing squads good enough to compete with us, on top of those.

We are a team which should not be surprised to find ourselves finishing anywhere from sixth to eighth, and although Kenny failed to fix that situation, he did not create it. He did, however, win us our first trophy in six years, and give us some other boss days out in addition to that.

If we win any trophies again in the next couple of years, I will be surprised; same with getting to finals.

I think a bit more respect for a club legend rather than nasty sniping from you would sound a lot less "bitter" in fact, since it's a word you chose.

We are not even a top four side any more, let alone a side which can dream of winning the league. There are four better sides better financially placed than us, and at least three sides with playing squads good enough to compete with us, on top of those.

We are a team which should not be surprised to find ourselves finishing anywhere from sixth to eighth, and although Kenny failed to fix that situation, he did not create it. He did, however, win us our first trophy in six years, and give us some other boss days out in addition to that.

If we win any trophies again in the next couple of years, I will be surprised; same with getting to finals.

I think a bit more respect for a club legend rather than nasty sniping from you would sound a lot less "bitter" in fact, since it's a word you chose.

You seem to know a bit about nasty sniping yourself, it seems. And who what if we aren't good enough? It doesn't mean we can't grab that fourth spot anyway. The points are there for the taking and it's not like anyone are miles ahead of us if we keep on upping our performances like we have done gradually this season. Neither I nor you can see into the future, so why be so fucking negative about it?

What that man did off the pitch means ill never loose one ounce of respect he deservedly built up over years of service to the club and fans.

I'm pretty sure I said "some of". He's still not untouchable. He used his position at the club to get the job and he surely is using it to make his point clear about how he feels about the decision the owners made, but it still comes across as him being bitter about it. Which is fine, but still could have been used to cause unrest about the current manager who deserves the full support as long as he hasn't even been in charge for more than half a year.

You seem to know a bit about nasty sniping yourself, it seems.

I'm not sure where you get sniping from. I'm saying something directly to you, not writing about you in a forum you'll never read. When you put your opinion out there, it's there to be questioned, and when you call a man bitter why is it so hard to hear it back about yourself?

Guest davelfc

All done now of course but…

He didn't get chance to finish what he started, they sacked him and demolished the lot and we will never know now what he could have done. We've been asked to give Rogers what they didn't give IMO Kenny.

So I think he has cause to be a little pissed, because like Zig, so am I.

(doesn't mean I am not behind Rogers)

Guest davelfc
There shouldn't be any need to say so really. The way Kenny was treated has fuck all to do with the new man.

I agree, just felt the need to clarify in case someone else thought differently.