You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're working on a case for me against my former employers. Backstabbing bastards always stealing my seafood I buy at lunchtime from the market and keep in the communal fridge at work.

The first question the lawyers asked was 'what they do?'

I replied 'they smile to my face, all the time they want to take my plaice.'

They're working on a case for me against my former employers. Backstabbing bastards always stealing my seafood I buy at lunchtime from the market and keep in the communal fridge at work.

The black stabbers!

At least you've now codoned on to it.

The mouth peice of this 'society' was on 5 Live this morning. He's now threatening to report all Spurs fans you use the term 'Yid' to the ploice. This was met be in influx of emails, tweets and texts from Spurs fans basically telling him that, he has no or little idea if what he's talking about and to keep his nose out.

PH: "Hello police, I'd like to report 15,000 spurs supporters for chanting the term 'Yid' please"

police: "Certainly sir can I have all of their names one at a time please"

PH: " Er, well I dont know all of their names, in fact I dont know any of their names"

police: "ok sir, so who were they chanting this term at?"

PH: " Themselves"

Police: "Right so you want to report 15,000 seperate unknown people for directing a chant at themselves?"

PH: "yes, thats right"

Police: "You're a comeplete fuckwitt aren't you sir?"

PH: "Yes it seems that I am"

Imagine if they sent 15000 black lawyers to face off with all the tootenham fans. It could be like some awesome van damme dolf lungdung martial arts movie. Love it.

When they were getting beat by the Spurs fans they wouldn't care, because they'd be too busy lookin' good.

Without wishing to perpetuate stereotypes, I'd be utterly fucking amazed if there isn't a society for Jewish lawyers.

Surely they should be taking the lead on this Yid debate/protest.

This Society for Black Lawyers really are coming across as hysterical twats, which is undoubtedly setting themselves further back

Without wishing to perpetuate stereotypes, I'd be utterly fucking amazed if there isn't a society for Jewish lawyers.

Surely they should be taking the lead on this Yid debate/protest.

This Society for Black Lawyers really are coming across as hysterical twats, which is undoubtedly setting themselves further back

Contain your amazement. Does seem odd that they're not screaming from the roof tops like Mr Herbert is.

Website of the United Kingdom Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists

Topics addressed have included

Anti-Semitism

Business issues

Extradition

Halachic issues

Holocaust denial

Human rights

Issues of general Jewish concern

Legal issues in Israel

Political asylum

Terrorism, racism

War crimes legislation

Is Peter Herbert the Society of Black Lawyers? I havent heard any of his colleagues speaking on the matter. I would also be very interested to know their views on Peter Herbert? Has anyone actually seen his qualifications? He doesnt seem very...well, bright

Is Peter Herbert the Society of Black Lawyers? I havent heard any of his colleagues speaking on the matter. I would also be very interested to know their views on Peter Herbert? Has anyone actually seen his qualifications? He doesnt seem very...well, bright

He's a barrister. It's the wigs and gowns, it goes to their heads.

Peter Herbert: Barrister at Law

Someone who I could not see today but I heard said something and it sounded like "This fuckin wanker in chage of the something lawyers society is a self rightous wanker and attention seeker who is only making comments like this for his own personal gain and is a total toss pot and plebhead .

I can't be sure thats what they said but never mind. Anyway I was drunk so my memory has to be questioned .

Football: When racism is involved, the FA must be brave and stop games | Peter Herbert | Comment is free | The Observer

Football has, in the last year, been taken from its comfort zone on racism and antisemitism to be forced to acknowledge that these evils have not been eradicated from the game in the UK and certainly not in continental Europe. The continuing catalogue of racial incidents from the Luis Suárez and John Terry affairs to the abuse suffered by an under-15 black team in Leicester a few weeks ago and the appalling events in Rome a few nights ago underline the seriousness of the situation.

The refusal of black players to wear the "Respect" T-Shirt came as no surprise to the PFA and FA, which knew for months about the complaints of black players and which they had repeatedly ignored. The Clattenberg incident once again illustrated the reaction of the football industry, which was happy to assert that such matters remain the preserve of football. The failure of the FA and clubs to monitor racial incidents according to the Macpherson definition, now some 14 years old, which defines a racial incident as one where the victim or any other person believes it is one, is a disgrace. It leads to dramatic under-reporting by fans and players alike.

The Society of Black Lawyers, in seeking to challenge racism in football, has been accused of being "naive", "publicity-seeking", "unhelpful" or out to "get work". Organisations or individuals who speak out on human rights are seldom welcomed by those whose inaction or collusion with racism is challenged.

The FA, PFA, Premier League and Football League must realise that hate crime is a humiliating and painful experience, whether the victim is a professional footballer or a teenager playing on a Saturday morning. Zero tolerance must mean just that. Racism and antisemitism in football are problems for everyone and those who think they can be no-go areas for the law are sadly mistaken. One of the consequences of such complacency is that football grounds, with some notable exceptions, continue to be a largely white affair. SBL is aware that several London clubs have a history of antisemitic abuse exposed by Jewish comedian David Baddiel. The notion that Tottenham fans, less than 5% of whom are likely to be Jewish, can reclaim a word of genocide, slaughter and humiliation is an insult to anyone's intelligence.

The link between the appalling incidents in Rome and the "Y" word chanting is obvious. The chanting of the word simply legitimises antisemitic abuse by other fans. There is no irony in that, just insensitivity and ignorance of the worst kind, The dreadful attack on Spurs fans in Rome and the chanting of the "Juden Tottenham" by Lazio fans was condemned by the president of the Italian Soccer Association, Giancarlo Abete, as an "unspeakable attack that damages the image of our football".

Those words are mere rhetoric unless the response of Uefa and other bodies to such systematic abuse is to halt the match, identify the perpetrators and, if it continues, to abandon the match and award the game to the opposing team. Nothing less than a serious deterrent effect will stop clubs and fans allowing the agenda to be set by a small group of racists.