You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Cunt praising Thatcher for closing the coal mines saying it gave us a head start on climate change. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/aug/05/johnson-makes-unbelievably-crass-joke-about-thatcher-closing-coal-mines

Hopefully this will finally wake up some of those Johnson-supporting working class people who've first-hand experience of the consequences of the closing of the coal mines without adequate (or anything close to) post-coal mine plans for the miners and their communities. Claiming, as he does, that it gave a jump-start to the push on tacking climate change should only rile them further, given most of them don't, to put it diplomatically, seem to have environmentalism near the top of their own agendas for the type of society they want. Even the cunt Farage thinks he's he's ballsed up making this comment.

Then again, I've been down this road a few times now, and fuck all sticks to this one. I mean, he's loved by large sections of the people who he thinks this of:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Hopefully this will finally wake up some of those Johnson-supporting working class people who've first-hand experience of the consequences of the closing of the coal mines without adequate (or anything close to) post-coal mine plans for the miners and their communities. Claiming, as he does, that it gave a jump-start to the push on tacking climate change should only rile them further, given most of them don't, to put it diplomatically, seem to have environmentalism near the top of their own agendas for the type of society they want. Even the cunt Farage thinks he's he's ballsed up making this comment.

Then again, I've been down this road a few times now, and fuck all sticks to this one. I mean, he's loved by large sections of the people who he thinks this of:

Somehow I doubt it 

Big chunks of normal working people, thinks he genuinely is working on their behalf.

16 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Cunt praising Thatcher for closing the coal mines saying it gave us a head start on climate change. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/aug/05/johnson-makes-unbelievably-crass-joke-about-thatcher-closing-coal-mines

I just saw this story and was going to post it. Apparently he laughed after saying it and said "I thought that would get you going".

Hard to take him seriously as he clearly doesn't give a fuck.

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I just saw this story and was going to post it. Apparently he laughed after saying it and said "I thought that would get you going".

Hard to take him seriously as he clearly doesn't give a fuck.

To be fair why should he give a fuck ? He’s been coming out with this sort of stuff for years and it got him an 80 seat majority
And if there was an election tomorrow he’d still get elected 

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Tomorrows Times running with Alex threatening to demote Sunak in front of everybody.

He'll be on the lucrative speech tour sooner rather than later.

Who the fuck is Alex? 

13 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Tomorrows Times running with Alex threatening to demote Sunak in front of everybody.

He'll be on the lucrative speech tour sooner rather than later.

Reportedly Liz Truss for Chancellor. You’d cry if you didn’t laugh.

At a 50th last night. The floppy haired dickhead’s comments about Thatcher closing the mines as an ‘ahead of its time’ environmental policy were a topic of discussion, unanimously criticised as you’d expect.

I took the opportunity to make the point that many of those angry about these comments, some from mining families, had voted for the cunt at the last election. 

Not one of them conceded they might just have made a mistake. 

This country is fucked. 

• Upvote 3

One thing that's becoming apparent as we exit the pandemic is that the pandemic (for some strange reason) slanted public opinion in favour of the sitting incumbent. No idea why but as with wars it seems to go that way. Some very strange polling at the height of Covid.

The biggest impact Johnson will have on your typical Tory, which most aren't probably aware of yet, are the planning reforms.

Old school Tories, always, always moan about planning stuff. Wait until Russians are building flats on their bowling greens without a planning meeting. Tremendous.

Why the fuck do the BBC get Boris Johnsons cunt of an old man on our screens to tell the world how well his useless fucking sprog is doing? He was on newsnight last night telling the interviewer his son has got the climate situation covered.. Will the BBC get Kier Starmers fucking grandmother on? Or Tommy Corbyn to ask what he thinks of his dad Jeremy?