You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Rodgers anger at ref calls"

Brigant Moloch

Guest San Don
What difference will it make , hes already been on the phone and its gotten worse , the whole situation is a gigantic piss take.

What difference will it make? FFS, we've just seen the fruits of a campaign that's taken 23 years to be delivered.

Do you seriously think ferguson gave up when he started his crusade or do you think he kept chipping away constantly, little by little to get what he and his club gets now?

What difference will it make? Maybe not a lot in the short term but already, riley and his 'sources' have been forced to come out and challenge rodgers and the club. The club and rodgers should now do what ferguson would do and that is highlight yet again, not one but 2 decisions that cost us 3 points today (the shite throwin from which they scored which was our way and Suarez's winner).

If it mean Ayre rodgers henry and werner have to take it in turns having a go then that's what you do.

No one said challenging the refs was going to be easy. But, it's going to be fucking nigh n impossible if we just give up and say 'oh, ok mike, we're wrong, you are right.'

The fucking people who run this club should get up off their knees and fight for what they believe. And if that means all out war with riley and his bunch of incompetent corrupt fuckwits, then Im up for it.

Arteta offside = goal.

Suarez onside = no goal.

Hernandez offside = goal.

Rangel free kick = yellow for diving.

Torres free kick = second yellow and red for diving.

How the fuck can this continue and how the fuck can people think its coincidence?

Guest San Don
we can't win, it was proven with the Suarez situation

when we wore the T-shirts and attacked the FA we were slaughtered, when we gave up it was seen as acceptance

we might as well just get on with it and have a laugh with it when the oppurtunity arises i.e like Suarez to Moyes today after the first goal and Shelvey's celebration against Udinese regarding his sending off versus Scum

even when we are being blatantly cheated we are still picking up some results whilst the games we haven't got the results we could've done more ourselves to get the results so one we do start taking our chances/not giving away stupid goals etc it will make it all the more sweeter

I dont get all this defeatist 'we cant win.' Of course we can but it isnt going to be easy and it isnt going to happen overnight. Some people seem to think it has to be quick and it would be easy ie you only have to complain once or twice to get a change.

You dont. You have to keep on and on and on and you keep highlighting the shit decisions like today that cost us.

And anyone who says 'if we were winning, it wouldnt matter' is spectacularly missing the point. united are in that position because they kept on and on and on. Why do people think united get so much 'extra time' in their games? Dont they realise ferguson continually and regularly made the point (and still does) that not enough time was added on in games.

The refs are now shit scared of not giving them 4 or 5 minutes if they arent winning.

Arteta offside = goal.

Suarez onside = no goal.

Hernandez offside = goal.

Rangel free kick = yellow for diving.

Torres free kick = second yellow and red for diving.

How the fuck can this continue and how the fuck can people think its coincidence?

Some absolutely fucking appalling decisions yet again this weekend, many of which were game-changing and affected final results. For me the standard of refereeing this season dropped to the lowest I can ever remember having watched football for over 30 years. You will always get controversial decisions, but for me there can be no clear explanation why officials are getting such clear decisions wrong. I don't want to think there is corruption, but I will openly accept that any industry with millions and millions of pounds floating around will certainly have some. There is undoubtedly undue influence from some quarters, but it has got to the point for me where I am just fed up with the game. What Moyes said before our game was a joke, but he's right about one thing, football fans are being turned off. I am being turned off by exceptionally poor officiating and this is from people who are supposed to be professionals, well-trained and know the rules inside out. I just can't see how the lino today thought that last minute goal could be offside. The play occurred on the 6 yard line, there was hardly any room for him to be offside! So for me he's been influenced by something that has made him make that call. Whether it is a dislike for Suarez, our club, or the influence of the home fans, or just downright corruption, there is no way I can see how he has made that decision just as a result of human error. I'm gutted. I can accept borderline decisions occur, but clear cut wrong decisions made by unaccountable officials who are supposed to be professionals is for me unacceptable. There needs to be accountability and there needs to be video replays.

Overall, we got the lions share of contentious decisions today, they then blotted the copy book with that last goal.

Complete garbage, go watch it again. Particularly, watch the yellow cards for Agger and Sterling, watch Fellaini fouling Allen constantly, especially the occasion where he shoved Allen over, kicked him on the way down, and then again on the floor, the Jagielka foul on Sterling on the touchline, the Jelavic offside in the first minute missed by the lino, the Jelavic kick to Agger's head and too many more to mention.

I don't think that referees, linesmen and the refereeing authorities have any right to demand respect from managers and players when they decline to be accountable for their actions. Yes, you'll get players and managers trying to influence situations before and during games, but they are answerable to their clubs, the Premier League, the FA, UEFA and FIFA when called to explain themselves. There is no transparency with officials, and no accountability either because repeated ineptitude is rewarded, unless that ineptitude is costly towards ManU.

This is not the bitter ramblings of a Liverpool fan - despite any claims to the contrary by fucktards who are either too stupid to notice or are simply accepting of the status quo - because the number of times it happens is so frequent that it is now expected. It really is staggering just how much things go their way. How fortunate for them that all this shit around the game has served to benefit them, keeping them in trophies and TV revenue and keeping the tills ringing, making what should be a crippling level of debt nothing more than an inconvenience.

There are far too many people doing well and stealing a living out of the game, and while that remains the case, they don't want to go and bite the hand that feeds. So we are stuck in this cycle of greed and incompetence.

I can't bring myself to turn my back on the game because I love the game and this club too much, but the sooner the sport eats itself, the better.

What difference will it make? FFS, we've just seen the fruits of a campaign that's taken 23 years to be delivered.

Do you seriously think ferguson gave up when he started his crusade or do you think he kept chipping away constantly, little by little to get what he and his club gets now?

What difference will it make? Maybe not a lot in the short term but already, riley and his 'sources' have been forced to come out and challenge rodgers and the club. The club and rodgers should now do what ferguson would do and that is highlight yet again, not one but 2 decisions that cost us 3 points today (the shite throwin from which they scored which was our way and Suarez's winner).

If it mean Ayre rodgers henry and werner have to take it in turns having a go then that's what you do.

No one said challenging the refs was going to be easy. But, it's going to be fucking nigh n impossible if we just give up and say 'oh, ok mike, we're wrong, you are right.'

The fucking people who run this club should get up off their knees and fight for what they believe. And if that means all out war with riley and his bunch of incompetent corrupt fuckwits, then Im up for it.

Bringing Hillsborough into the argument is so cheap , fucking lame infact to use that to have a go back at someone on a totally different subject.

You were the one who gave Brad Jones MoM today saying he had an 'assured performance' , way off there and way off here.

Rodgers can carry on phoning Riley and keep going on about it but it will make little difference as todays evidence shows.

I don't think that referees, linesmen and the refereeing authorities have any right to demand respect from managers and players when they decline to be accountable for their actions. Yes, you'll get players and managers trying to influence situations before and during games, but they are answerable to their clubs, the Premier League, the FA, UEFA and FIFA when called to explain themselves. There is no transparency with officials, and no accountability either because repeated ineptitude is rewarded, unless that ineptitude is costly towards ManU.

This is not the bitter ramblings of a Liverpool fan - despite any claims to the contrary by fucktards who are either too stupid to notice or are simply accepting of the status quo - because the number of times it happens is so frequent that it is now expected. It really is staggering just how much things go their way. How fortunate for them that all this shit around the game has served to benefit them, keeping them in trophies and TV revenue and keeping the tills ringing, making what should be a crippling level of debt nothing more than an inconvenience.

There are far too many people doing well and stealing a living out of the game, and while that remains the case, they don't want to go and bite the hand that feeds. So we are stuck in this cycle of greed and incompetence.

I can't bring myself to turn my back on the game because I love the game and this club too much, but the sooner the sport eats itself, the better.

Bang on, its about the money. Nothing more, nothing less. I've always said they are obviously a good team and have obviously had a good team for 10 odd years now. But in that 10 years they have almost consistently every year gotten the extra points from refs that puts them in the top 2.

They are just the Premier League's cash cow, golden ticket, whatever way you want to put it. The league wants them in a title battle every year.

San Don's bang on in this thread too, we just have to keep pushing back on this shit. Standing still and not speaking up is whats allowed this to go on. We're not the only club guilty of that. Every club has been.

But we're in a position right now we're we are seeing the Mancs get clearly bent decisions on whats becoming an almost weekly basis and we're getting clearly shafted on a fairly regular basis.

So we just have to start fighting our corner. Otherwise whats the point anymore. Whats the point anybody competing in anything thats pretty much fixed. It makes no fucking sense.

Rodgers can carry on phoning Riley and keep going on about it but it will make little difference as todays evidence shows.

Well what should we do then. Just shut up and let it keep going on. Bollox to that man.

San Don's right that we just have to keep chipping away as Ferguson has done for years.

It isn't just winning leagues thats put him in the position he is. Life isn't that simple. Hes gotten to the point he has because hes been relentless in being a fucking whining cunt and most likely also because the Manc's have plenty of people in positions of influence throughtout the game.

Haven't got a problem with Rodgers and in fact, I quite like him.

But the way he danced around the anal raping we got today pissed me off. "The officials will get things wrong".

I wish he came out and said it how it is. I'd rather we get punished for standing our ground and speaking up for ourselves as opposed to getting raped because we're a shrinking violet.

Perhaps FSG should just set aside a pot of money for Rogers to be used for the fines that he would gather if, and when, he decides to rant about the officials.

Surely this debacle cannot carry on for much longer. It is this blatant corruption that is driving people away from away football.

Guest San Don
Bringing Hillsborough into the argument is so cheap , fucking lame infact to use that to have a go back at someone on a totally different subject.

You were the one who gave Brad Jones MoM today saying he had an 'assured performance' , way off there and way off here.

Oh fuck off. Im using the fact that people didnt give up for 23 years showing that if you dont get what you want, you have to carry on fighting. If you cant see that without resorting to 'lame arguments' then you're thick, stupid or a wum.

Jones had an assured performance and didnt put a foot wrong. Again. I guess you're trying to say his punch out means he had a shit game? Sorry, but his punch cleared the 18 yard box. Defenders had time to put a challenge in or block the punt back into the box. So no, Im not 'way of there' or 'way off here.'

Jones had an assured performance and didnt put a foot wrong. Again. I guess you're trying to say his punch out means he had a shit game? Sorry, but his punch cleared the 18 yard box. Defenders had time to put a challenge in or block the punt back into the box. So no, Im not 'way of there' or 'way off here.'

As a goalkeeping coach, the punch was absolutely diabolical. He punched it directly back into play. The angle he was at made it all the more amazing, as all he needed to do was punch if backwards, or even easier to stretch the fingers and flick it out towards the opposite wing, not punch it out to the middle of the area. Doing this always brings its risks and that proved to be the case today.

It's simple psychology. The more people see it's acceptable to attack a player or a club, the more people feel comfortable doing it - with the mancs it's the opposite, the consequences of crossing him are so dire that they won't do it. The majority of people are moral midgets and will merely go with the path of least resistance, at the moment we - and Suarez, are fare game. Suarez will be hounded out, said it for ages, it's a done deal - he will never be allowed to rest in this country.

Guest San Don
As a goalkeeping coach, the punch was absolutely diabolical. He punched it directly back into play. The angle he was at made it all the more amazing, as all he needed to do was punch if backwards, or even easier to stretch the fingers and flick it out towards the opposite wing, not punch it out to the middle of the area. Doing this always brings its risks and that proved to be the case today.

As someone who played in goal at Northern Prem League level and has coached, it was not diabolical one jot. It cleared the area which is what you want a punch to do. If you think he deliberately punched it to an oppo, you've a weird sense of coaching.

As for punching it backwards, clearly you arent a coach as he was moving right to left (seen facing the goal) so punching it backwards is a near impossibility (unless you want him to punch it into his own goal!).

As for stretching and flicking it towards the opposite wing, that would be the left wing (again facing the goal) were a lot more shite players were standing!

You really dont know how to coach keepers do you?

You don't punch the ball into the danger area.

You learn that at age 7.

As someone who played in goal at Northern Prem League level and has coached, it was not diabolical one jot. It cleared the area which is what you want a punch to do.

Absolute nonsense.

He moved out of his goal to punch it back across in to the danger area.

Amateur is being kind.

Your team must have really struggled what with not knowing some very basic stuff.

Guest San Don
Absolute nonsense.

He moved out of his goal to punch it back across in to the danger area.

Amateur is being kind.

Your team must have really struggled what with not knowing some very basic stuff.

Wrong again, he's still in the goal.