You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manc's. Anfield Sunday 23rd 1:30pm

The Chef

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as the first Manc mentions Hillsborough (and we know they will), then our response should be a rip roaring chant of 'JFT 96', not a reference to Munich. To do that would be to sink to their, exteremly low, level.

I was at the Leeds home game a few years back , the Leeds faithful were booed to fuck by the Kop when they started singing a " Munich " song .

I would be very surprised if we sink to that level , pray to god nobody does.

Am I alone in thinking the fans on both sides will be impeccable?

How daft would a fan of united be to start any song - would the stewards not just remove?

Game predictions? hope to God we just do not lose to these. Although if there were any doubters out there (and there is) this would be a magnificent time for Borini to get his first league goal and Rodgers first win.

I Agree fully.We need to remember that your success mirrors ours and we should be taunting each other with league over European success and not the death of innocent people and yet i know as you do that Munich taunts are very seldom heard.The problems are with our support and i can't enjoy this game on Sunday although i am pleased to hear it will be marked with a minutes applause and i want to see United fans applaud and then continue the respect by shutting the fuck up and remember that there will be friends and family in attendance.

The reaction of Everton fans was just fantastic and on REDCAFE,there has been total support for the cause and the justice that has followed.A line in the sand has to be drawn and then continued but there will enough arseholes their egging each other on to ruin what should be a celebration....my love of the game is deteriorating and i sadly expect to feel utterly ashamed come Sunday evening...:wallbutt:

Fully agree with and appreciate your sentiments, and I'm sure there are lots more equally rational and reasonable ManU fans out there (I actually met one once!). But what would truly be an amazing breakthrough would be for that hypocritical cunt of a manager of yours to lead by example and stop his constant disrepectful observations about other clubs and other clubs' players. This was last season - Sir Alex Ferguson blasts Luis Suarez as a disgrace who is not fit to play for Liverpool - Mirror Online and ''Suarez dives all over the place and it makes it very difficult for the referee," added Ferguson. Pot,kettle,black spring noisily to mind with regard to the latter comment. This kind of thing has been going on for years, and we've not been the only target by a long way. In the meantime, no instance of appalling behaviour from his own players is beyond the pale as long as it helps the club to success - from Kung Fu kicks, to career-wrecking tackles, to tactical intimidation of refs, to unprovoked elbows in an opponents' face, and foul abuse into a live tv camera...not to mention drug-test dodging and sister-in-law shagging. Rant over, but feel free to convey the message onwards.

I would be very surprised if they start any controversial chants on Sunday.

They're not that thick/arrogant surely?

More likely for something in the return game in January, in the safety of their own stadium and where stewards are less likely to go against home supporters.

Regarding the game itself. They will go 4-5-1 with RVP as the solo striker. Will BR stick to his 4-3-3. With them I see Valencia on the RW as a threat especially if Johnson as LB moves forward to support Sterling. That will be their strengths, block out midfield and attack via Valencia supplying RVP.

On the other hand, Suarez can run a mock vs Evra, likewise Sterling on Rafael.

We may abandon the "tika taka" football as our 3 (Allen, Gerrard, Shelvey cant outpass and move Carrick, Giggs, Valencia and 2 others ) (cant see Scholes starting this).

I hate these games.

I'd like to see:

---------------------Reina------------------------

Kelly--------Skrtel-------Agger--------Johnson

----------Henderson------Allen------------------

---------------------Shelvey----------------------

Gerrard-------------Suarez--------------Sterling

Regarding the game itself. They will go 4-5-1 with RVP as the solo striker. Will BR stick to his 4-3-3. With them I see Valencia on the RW as a threat especially if Johnson as LB moves forward to support Sterling. That will be their strengths, block out midfield and attack via Valencia supplying RVP.

Of the goals the Mancs scored against Swansea last season, two of the three came from crosses, so you've got a point.

The third was from Swansea losing possession in their own half.

It will be, I reckon;

--------------Gerrard------Allen------------------

Suarez-------------Borini--------------Sterling

But Shelvey must be more CM than AM.

Like I say earlier, they will pack midfield and let Valencia feed RVP. That for me is their only (!) outlet.

In a perfect scenario, Suarez has the game of his life* and Borini gets winner.

* if so = 3 points.

Of the goals the Mancs scored against Swansea last season, two of the three came from crosses, so you've got a point.

The third was from Swansea losing possession in their own half.

Did United beat Swansea 0-1 in Wales or was it 0-0? I remember Dyer? missed a sitter. However at OT, with them chasing goals (2nd/ 3rd last game, they could have had 6 or 7).

It will be, I reckon;

Suarez vs Evra = fireworks.

As much as I think he can rape Evra, I also think he is just as likely to get wound up by him and possibly sent off. I'd rather we kept him away from hikm as much as possible.

Suarez vs Evra = fireworks.

As much as I think he can rape Evra, I also think he is just as likely to get wound up by him and possibly sent off. I'd rather we kept him away from hikm as much as possible.

No chance, our strongest attacking outlet against their weakest defence. Cant see the ref sending off or even booking Evra but Suarez can take him. You know it, I know it and BR knows it.

No chance, our strongest attacking outlet against their weakest defence. Cant see the ref sending off or even booking Evra but Suarez can take him. You know it, I know it and BR knows it.

Yes he will give Evra a nightmare, but I could also see him getting sent off if Evra winds him up.

I'm also not sure about Borini central. I think it is probably his best position, but I don't think he has been very impressive in the last two games used in that role in terms of holding up the ball. I like his movement and his willingness to shoot on site, but he needs to be stronger when the ball is played into him (in the air and feet).

I expect my club to arrive at Anfield on Sunday and show full respect.I do though sadly expect the cunts amongst our support to be insensitive and rude and altogether embarrassing.

When city came to OT for the Munich anniversary game in 2008 these same fans who will be insulting and disrespectful on Sunday were the same people who would have been furious had City not respected our own tribute.On top of this the Hillsbrough disaster effected so many people on a very personal level.Family and friends.The Munich air disaster was a tragedy yes but few United fans are capable of feeling the pain of loss in the same way as the Liverpool supporters who have friends and relations affected by what happened in 1989 and many of those singing songs in relation to to Hillsborough will have been old enough' date='like myself to have witnessed the horror!

I hope so much that on this day a line can be drawn in the sand and that those intending on spoiling the planned tribute remember how it feels to lose a loved one and show some respect.I myself rejoiced last week and i have been very vocal on my clubs forum and added a post on here to voice my support.I just sometimes wonder if this fixture could have been moved because the scum element of my clubs support may sadly relish this moment and i turned down a ticket myself, because i want no part of it....

Respect for the 96.Families and all![/quote']

Thanks for the sentiment,it proves most of us have a lot in common with each other.

I hope you are wrong about your small minority of idiots and I agree that this fixture could easily have been delayed. But as most of us now admit,its all about the money from sky and other such media enterprises.

I'd go with that. Borini looked much sharper last night. I hope he can take that into league matches.