You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Unbelievable, totally unbelievable. You couldn't make up this kind of stuff if you shit onto a piece of paper and got a car to drive over it. In fact it might make more sense. Where is SL to call you a quacking mong when you need him.

Kenny plays the first team and he would get slaughtered if anyone was sent off or injured. He prioritised and some of those players let him down.

A final is a gamble at the best of times, but you go in with your best players and with them match fit and ready to play. For me Kenny did the right thing, even if we don't actually win on Saturday.

An interesting analogy.

Since when did it become entirely acceptable to lose games that we clearly should win with the right selection? He certainly wouldnt have got slaughtered if Suarez and Gerrard played the 1st half and got our noses in front? There is a chance they might not have got injured you know?!

9 changes???? Sod off, it was a home league game!

Win 8-0 on Saturday and you wont convince me that last nights selection was the right thing to do.

I stick to the main point, a manager that is planning to be here next season doesnt risk a hiding form Fulham at home regardless of an FA Cup final on the horizon.

I see all the gobshites who wanted the kids to be given a chance are now saying the team isnt good enough! Well you got your kids last night, Kelly, spearing, Coates, Sterling, shelvey and all apart from sterling showed why they arent 1st team regulars.

So STFU moaning!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

An interesting analogy.

Since when did it become entirely acceptable to lose games that we clearly should win with the right selection? He certainly wouldnt have got slaughtered if Suarez and Gerrard played the 1st half and got our noses in front? There is a chance they might not have got injured you know?!

9 changes???? Sod off, it was a home league game!

Win 8-0 on Saturday and you wont convince me that last nights selection was the right thing to do.

I stick to the main point, a manager that is planning to be here next season doesnt risk a hiding form Fulham at home regardless of an FA Cup final on the horizon.

A truly cretinous statement.

At home to Fulham who have never won at anfield even our second string should have put in a better shift than that. The fact that half the team were first team players and the other half were top squad players shows how massively off the pace we are.

Getting beat is one thing, getting cut open regularly and showing next to fuck all in goal threat at home to a shit Fulham side (containg Murphy and Riise FFS) no matter what side we put out is simply not acceptable.

You can argue all you want about unsettled side and cup final at the weekend but that is ignoring the fact that we have no game plan no style and no balls.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I dunno. He might be right about Kenny.

I wouldn't be shocked. If it's true, I hope to God we win the FA Cup to give him a good send off and allow the 'I'm going out on a high' thing.

Guest TK-421
I wouldn't be shocked. If it's true, I hope to God we win the FA Cup to give him a good send off and allow the 'I'm going out on a high' thing.

You sound mildly aroused about the prospect of the king being sacked.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You sound mildly aroused about the prospect of the king being sacked.

Sacked? Who said anything about being sacked? I was replying to the suggestion that he might have agreed to go after the season ends. Further more, based on that suggestion, I said that if it's the case I'd like him to go out on a high note.

Hardly the most gleeful 'w00t, Kenny's getting sacked' post. You're adding your own (totally incorrect) subtext.

Kenny plays the first team and he would get slaughtered if anyone was sent off or injured. He prioritised and some of those players let him down.

A final is a gamble at the best of times, but you go in with your best players and with them match fit and ready to play. For me Kenny did the right thing, even if we don't actually win on Saturday.

There is much in that. Where I disagree with you is that it is not either or.

Kenny said that he had a strong squad to pick from, against a team with an appalling away record and a hopeless one here. Yet we lost again, at home after falling to the mighty talents of a team now managed by the England manager. This was no second string, and even our second string should not be losing at home to Fulham.

Winning is a habit, and dropping players in and out is always a gamble. Of course some players should have been rested, but Reina, who has had his worst season for us needs match practise, not a night by the television.

I agree that an FA Cup win will transform perception of this season. If The Fulham defeat was an aberration, your comments would be spot on. But it was not a freak result, it has been part of a pattern of dire home performances against weak sides.

Now it may be that Kenny can pull off the double and transform the side in the summer. I hope so.

A truly cretinous statement.

Not interested in internet rows my friend..

However, not sure how you define that as "cretinous".

Im expressing my view that regardless of the margin of success or failure on Saturday will not, in my view, justify resting 9 players for a home league game.

I hope that de-cretinizes that enough for you.

Guest TK-421
Sacked? Who said anything about being sacked? I was replying to the suggestion that he might have agreed to go after the season ends. Further more, based on that suggestion, I said that if it's the case I'd like him to go out on a high note.

Hardly the most gleeful 'w00t, Kenny's getting sacked' post. You're adding your own (totally incorrect) subtext.

Not just the post i quoted but your general outlook gleaned from reading your other posts.

A customarily enigmatic post Red Shadow. I will pick up your key questions:

I said that “Kenny has a huge task on his hands, much of which is of his own making.” – and stand by that. Adam, Downing, Henderson,Bellamy, Coates, Carroll and Suarez, that is over half a team, are Kenny’s signings. A manager is judged on who he buys, and how they perform. That is not silly, that is how it is.

I agree that no club can lose players of the calibre of Torres, Mascherano and Alonso, fail to replace them, and not suffer. Where we disagree is that for a £110m outlay we should not be faced with a home record that is the worst in living memory and the statisticians are struggling to find beaten ever.

There are dozens of people alive who have won the league with our club. The skil with managerial appointments is about recognising what those individuals can achieve, not what they have achieved. The common denominator between Shankly,Paisley,Fagan and Dalglish was that prior to their appointments with us, they had won nothing as managers.

Having watched our glory years, and endured two decades of title-less frustration I am aware of the concept of patience. I agree with you that this is going to be a long job. I disagree with our implication that we are on course and everything will be okay if we wait as we are. I predicted sixth, I had no inflated expectations.

The worry for me is that Kenny has given up on the league, and our expectations are being managed down again, from title tilts, to CL qualification, then EL qualification, now we are reduced to qualification via the domestic cups. I disagree that for a club that is still the second best supported in the history of the English game, is one of the most decorated in Europe, and is still one of the richest in Europe that our league performance matches what we should be achieving. Successive home defeats by West Brom and Fulham are now accepted by some – they should not be.

The adverse impact of G&H’s regime we agree on. We disagree that this season’s league campaign is acceptable, and that the players brought in for the money spent should not have delivered better value. We are indeed seeing the difference now – but we did not expect that to be us going backwards in the league.

This FA Cup Final is pivotal. Win it, and this is remembered as the season when Kenny won an historic cup double joining Houllier, Mourinho and Graham.Lose it, and the season will be remembered as one in which we won the League Cup from Birmingham City and failed to qualify for the EL by league position.

I believe that Kenny can do it on Saturday. But with backroom staff being sacked for buttons, the room for manoeuvre that Kenny has in the summer will not allow for past transfer mistakes to be repeated.

A truly dog shit, stinking, fart sounding, load of old bollocks, of a post there.

Not interested in internet rows my friend..

However, not sure how you define that as "cretinous".

Im expressing my view that regardless of the margin of success or failure on Saturday will not, in my view, justify resting 9 players for a home league game.

I hope that de-cretinizes that enough for you.

The fact that you have pointed out, not once but twice, that the content of your posts contains your views is making me think that my use of cretinous was not strong enough. A little advice, in future just assume that everybody else realises that when you type you are presenting your own views. Unless someone has kidnapped you and is forcing you to type for them, in which case, just type 'the safe word' and I'll see what I can do.

I defo agree with NV. I think Kenny has already had his card stamped and will go after the final. It makes no sense on any level to remove Comolli and leave the manager in place. They were a joint team and equally responsible for blowing 10's of millions on poor signings.

It makes even less sense for Kenny to have gone when DC did seeing as there is still a trophy to play for. Kenny will know he has underperformed and will do what is right for the club of that there can be no doubt.

I don't expect Henry to fuck about.

The fact that you have pointed out, not once but twice, that the content of your posts contains your views is making me think that my use of cretinous was not strong enough. A little advice, in future just assume that everybody else realises that when you type you are presenting your own views. Unless someone has kidnapped you and is forcing you to type for them, in which case, just type 'the safe word' and I'll see what I can do.

Dear oh dear. Your barking up the wrong tree mate. Go and play with your plastic lightsabre in the car park like you do most lunchtimes with "the guys"

Did you actually read the whole thing? I can never get through a whole Xerxes post. In fact, I don't read them at all anymore.

Being honest, no. His first line in his posts are always self righteous bollocks.

"A truly ground braking post there"

"A majestic post"

"A very shrewd response"

Guest TK-421
Being honest, no. His first line in his posts are always self righteous bollocks.

"A majestic post"

"A very shrewd response"

A wise observation.

"A majestic post"

"A very shrewd response"

Its unbelievable. I have just gone back and had a look at the first line of his latest post.

"A customarily enigmatic post Red Shadow. I will pick up your key questions:"

Unbelievable.