You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Parks and Recreation

Kevin D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parks and Rec is an ace show. Personally didnt like season one, thought leslie was way too unrealistic, but after that it became a riot. Its different because its clever humour, not the repetitive oversexualised crap you get from rules of engagement or (the horror) two broke girls.

But anyone who watches Parks should also watch community from the beginning, its even more of an amazing show.

Parks and Rec from season 2 onwards is consistently great, Community has it's good and bad episodes, the only thing is when they're good they're FUCKING GOOD, paintball/dimensions episodes have been my favourite because they're quite unique especially the dimensions one.

For any of the Irish lads now that the Olympics coverage is over Season 2 is starting back on RTE 2 tomorrow night at 8.30 with the 5th episode Sister City which has the Venezuela delegation visiting Pawnee. This is the first of the really good episodes which is worth watching again or else will get you into the show.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through season 2. At first I thought the show was only decent and wondered what all the fuss was about. Initially it felt like just a variation on the US Office. It really improves in seaon 2 though. I think the move away from the pit storyline and Ann and Andy just being involved because they were friends with the parks people/work in city hall really improved things.

• 3 weeks later...

I would never be able to tell if Aubrey had had a stroke because she'd just look the same. Her deadpan delivery is superb.

Just saw the Nick Offerman reddit chat.

[–]cokobunner 1875 points 1 day ago

I know you and your character have a lot things in common, in what ways are you drastically different from Ron? (if any)

[–]NickOfferman 3151 points 1 day ago

I wouldn't call it drastic, but my penis is 5/8" larger than Ron's, in both length AND breadth, but it is held that he wields his with greater aplomb.

permalinkparent

Just watched season 1 last night and its a bit of a mixed bag for me but when its funny its hilarious.

Interested to see its written by Greg Daniels of King of the Hill fame plus he's scripted the Simpsons and the US Office too.

I will persist and I like that Rashida Jones,the nurse girl,she's very attractive.

Quick question concerning this: I've been on Amazon to try and find a few DVDs of the show' date=' but can only find US ones available. Will they work over here?[/quote']

I wouldn't use kickasstorrents or isohunt and download them using utorrent,I really wouldn't and that's not how I've got the first two series at all.

I'd never do that.

I wouldn't use kickasstorrents or isohunt and download them using utorrent,I really wouldn't and that's not how I've got the first two series at all.

I'd never do that.

I completely agree with Vlad. That's not something I'd do either, ever. And after you haven't downloaded seasons 1 and 2 in this fashion, don't download subsequent seasons the same way either. No way.

• 3 weeks later...