You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anne Williams Petition

Coro

Her e-petition seems to have gone somewhat overlooked -

Give Kevin Williams his inquest under section 13 of the coroners Act, we have all the evidence under this section but keep getting refused. - e-petitions

Please sign & share on your Facebook pages, Twitter etc. and other forums.

Remember to check for the confirmation email once you've signed it.

Cheers.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it is very important that there is a coherent campaign, with a clear objective.

The Justice campaign to date has failed, only now are we seeing progress.

Steve Rotherham has emerged as a credible and articulate vehicle for our cause. This petition is worthy, but it is part of a bigger picture.

I think that it is time to draw breath, and organise. There is a danger that campaigns can becoem an end in itself. What does "Justice" look like? Its a more difficult question to answer thsn you might at first imagine.

I think that it is very important that there is a coherent campaign, with a clear objective.

Steve Rotherham has emerged as a credible and articulate vehicle for our cause. This petition is worthy, but it is part of a bigger picture.

I think that it is time to draw breath, and organise. There is a danger that campaigns can becoem an end in itself. What does "Justice" look like? Its a more difficult question to answer thsn you might at first imagine.

Well as a process it has to begin with uncovering the truth. Part of that is the whole issue of the 3:15 cut off point the coroner decided on, and I think the truth about Kevin's case needs to be uncovered, certainly for Anne, as part of that process of justice. I will be signing this one, and have signed the S*n one, because they address essential parts of the picture that might otherwise not be addressed.

Well as a process it has to begin with uncovering the truth. Part of that is the whole issue of the 3:15 cut off point the coroner decided on, and I think the truth about Kevin's case needs to be uncovered, certainly for Anne, as part of that process of justice. I will be signing this one, and have signed the S*n one, because they address essential parts of the picture that might otherwise not be addressed.

The merit of the AW petition is beyond question.

We all agree that there are unanswered questions - how they should be answered and resolved is less clear.

The availability of all available documents offers an opportunity we have waited two decades for.

Some are making assumptions about results, something we crticised the media for all that time ago. This is a time for clear heads.

QUOTE=xerxes;2963864]I think that it is very important that there is a coherent campaign, with a clear objective.

Justice, for me, has to be more than just the whole truth about the issues from, before the day itself, the actual day and the aftermath. For justice to be done there has to be an official aportioning of blame for all those who were guilty, in some way, of either causing the disaster, failing to prevent it through negligence or covering up the truth. Ideally I would like to see those who could be prosecuted for their crimes but, to be totally honest, I don't see that happening. Justice for the 96.

Some are making assumptions about results, something we crticised the media for all that time ago. This is a time for clear heads.

I take your point and it's something I considered before signing it, but ultimately if Anne Williams believes this petition will do some good in Kevin's case then I'm not going to make a judgement call about adding my small voice to hers.

We need to show our support more than ever now in light of these comments

David Cameron on the fight for justice

"It's like a blind man, in a dark room, looking for a black cat that isn't there."

David Cameron says Hillsborough families may never “achieve closure” despite files release - Liverpool News - News - Liverpool Daily Post

Proof were it needed that Cameron is a despicable little toad who only really gives a fuck about his beloved old witch Thatcher.:wallbutt:

Not just Tories either;

BBC News - Hillsborough inquiry by Blair government criticised

Of course another problem was that your appointee met the families and said "are all your people here or are they like the Liverpool supporters, turn up at the last minute?" - before the inquiry even started.

Should have been sacked there and then.

But thanks for saying you fucked it up 14 years later.

Thanks.

Guest ShoePiss
I think it's very sad that Anne's petition does not seem to be getting the support it deserves. How long does it take to put your name to it? What harm can it do?

It's reflecting poorly on the forum now.