You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

anyone who doesn't rate him should watch him play for England U21s, okay he isn't playing against as good and strong players as he does when playing for us but when he plays for the under 21s he knows he is the main man and is head and shoulders above most of his team mates and opponenets as a result

once he gets this confidence playing along side bigger names he will be a big player for us imo, I think he does need to show some more balls sometimes but unlike Downing he can be excused to a degree due to his age, and I don't think his confidence was helped last year by playing almost everygame and being out of position

I think the comparisons with Lucas are sensible. Lucas was similarly ineffective, and did lack a bit of gumption as well as positional awareness, but over the last 18 months or so has blossomed into a much better player. Henderson is getting a bit of relief from the pressure of performing for the first team week in week out as well. I like both of them, and I think they'll both have something to offer in the years ahead.

Henderson will never cut it. He couldnt make it into a bus driving past Scum, City or Chelski. That's the sad fact. Just not enough skill to go around IMO.

[YOUTUBE]?v=q7h5EyJltwU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]?v=7HoE63EJ5hM[/YOUTUBE]

No skills??...........ok

I always think by the time they're 23, you should know whether a player has got it or not, and they should be beginning to show some consistency.

So he hasn't got long left, and I'm still not convinced he'll be a first teamer for us.

He isnt and wont be for a while yet until he gets confidence and consistency.

although,

The only spot that will be available in the centre in the coming seasons will be Gerrard's so that worries me.

I dont think he is a replacement for Stevie, and I dont think we have anyone at the minute that can step up and take that role either playing in behind the strikers. Shelvey can do it, but he needs to improve alot. Henderson needs to step it up or he will be a sub or sold

I think the main point I was going for Dan, is that if we don't start to see a fair bit more from him in the next year or so then he's probably not going to make it with us. In my opinion.

I don't think any single player will be able to replace Gerrard, but then we've not had Gerrard at his peak for a couple of seasons now.

I always think by the time they're 23, you should know whether a player has got it or not, and they should be beginning to show some consistency.

So he hasn't got long left, and I'm still not convinced he'll be a first teamer for us.

Agreed. Look at Sterling , just 18 and not the finsished article but a far more confident and accomplished player than Henderson. Not to say he won't still be a decent footballer. Star player, dont think so.

He's been far less shit recently and is beginning to enter the realms of okay.

Comparisons with Lucas are, obviously, ridiculous.

He has been very good.

He needs games, and alot of them just like Zigackly said, I just dont see him getting them

(I think any player* who does shit and gets a bit better is going to be compared to Lucas, that turnaround was astonishing)

*except joe cole of course

He's been far less shit recently and is beginning to enter the realms of okay.

Comparisons with Lucas are, obviously, ridiculous.

I think a little better than ok. He's looking a lot more positive recently and is obviously under instruction to get forward. The closer he plays to goal the better, for me. Nobody wants to see him around the half way line running 5 yards then turning and passing to the center halfs.

His best ever week in a Red shirt, but let's temper the hyperbole : the lad's had a couple of decent games.

7 outta 10 stuff.

He has actually been very good all season, when used.

Changing the game vs Wigan a few weeks ago as well. Doing well in every Europa Game.

Quietly doing his stuff, like Lucas did and he is growing in confidence as a result. The next thing he needs is appreciation, like Lucas began to get and then he kicked on further due to that confidence he got from the fans.

We can be dementors at times!