You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Allan

Guest ShoePiss
You-fuckin-what ?

How can you support TWO fuckin clubs ? How is that even possible ?

If we drew Hearts in Europe, you'd be fucked...or else you'd find yourself gravitating towards one or the other.

Get the spelks outta your fekkin arse, man up and fess up.

Oh, and NEGGED.

Why are you pretending like this is the first time you've heard this? I've met loads of Scottish who support us but also their home team, same goes for the Irish and any other person not from Liverpool.

Also know plenty of locals who also have a scottish team, big deal.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha!

I'd have repped you for that if I hadn't already repped you for the GNR reference.

Got yo' back.

I support two teams, St Mirren and Liverpool. I don't really have to worry about them being drawn against each other in Europe ... Loads of Scottish guys around my age became LFC fans as kids because of Kenny, Souness and Hansen ... but mostly Kenny.

As for the Lennon incident, I don't like the guy but the hatred he provokes among some of the bigoted fuckwits up here is unreal. Hats off to him for not chucking it but I think he'll have to soon for his family's sake. As long as he remains Celtic manager this madness will continue.

I think support is the wrong word here. I have an 'admiration' for Valencia and sometimes go to watch my local team play. I don't support them like I do Liverpool but I have a soft spot for those two clubs.

You-fuckin-what ?

How can you support TWO fuckin clubs ? How is that even possible ?

If we drew Hearts in Europe, you'd be fucked...or else you'd find yourself gravitating towards one or the other.

Get the spelks outta your fekkin arse, man up and fess up.

Oh, and NEGGED.

You moron.. Its like this in a LOT of other countrys, where football isn't as great as in the big leagues. In Denmark almost everybody has a local team, and a team from one of the big leagues mostly they support, because this is a fact. Football in small nations sucks, and is not even worth watching.

Its not peoples fault they don't live in Liverpool, or wherever they're favourite team exists.

I support two teams, St Mirren and Liverpool. I don't really have to worry about them being drawn against each other in Europe ... Loads of Scottish guys around my age became LFC fans as kids because of Kenny, Souness and Hansen ... but mostly Kenny.

As for the Lennon incident, I don't like the guy but the hatred he provokes among some of the bigoted fuckwits up here is unreal. Hats off to him for not chucking it but I think he'll have to soon for his family's sake. As long as he remains Celtic manager this madness will continue.

Is it just cos he's celtic manager? I have yet to have someone tell me what he has done or said or how he provoked rangers fans exactly.

Baffled.

Guest ShoePiss
Got yo' back.

I think support is the wrong word here. I have an 'admiration' for Valencia and sometimes go to watch my local team play. I don't support them like I do Liverpool but I have a soft spot for those two clubs.

I don't think it is. Liverpool is my home town, Portland is where I live. I watch every Portland game and every Liverpool game. I have a season ticket for Portland. I support both.

They'll only ever meet in a friendly* and I'll want Liverpool to win.

*Yes there's the world cup championship thing but it won't happen.

You moron.. Its like this in a LOT of other countrys, where football isn't as great as in the big leagues. In Denmark almost everybody has a local team, and a team from one of the big leagues mostly they support, because this is a fact. Football in small nations sucks, and is not even worth watching.

Its not peoples fault they don't live in Liverpool, or wherever they're favourite team exists.

Again, if Hearts ever are spawny enoughy to draw Liverpool in Europe, who would he support ?

Both ? Not bothered as long as it was a good game ?

Bollocks, I don't accept that at all.

I don't think it is. Liverpool is my home town, Portland is where I live. I watch every Portland game and every Liverpool game. I have a season ticket for Portland. I support both.

They'll only ever meet in a friendly* and I'll want Liverpool to win.

*Yes there's the world cup championship thing but it won't happen.

Fair enough mate. I used to own a season ticket at Notts County, purely because I love football and a lot of my mates go there. Wouldn't class them as 'my club' but that's just me and I know some people may view this differently.

Again, if Hearts ever are spawny enoughy to draw Liverpool in Europe, who would he support ?

Both ? Not bothered as long as it was a good game ?

Bollocks, I don't accept that at all.

That is a question only he can answer himself. Im just saying what is reality here, and facts is that ALOT of people is supporting teams that can play each other in Europe.

A good example is alot of Brøndby fans in Denmark also supports Liverpool, and they met in the UEFA cup in the 90'ies.

Guest ShoePiss
Fair enough mate. I used to own a season ticket at Notts County, purely because I love football and a lot of my mates go there. Wouldn't class them as 'my club' but that's just me and I know some people may view this differently.

Yeah started watching them for the same reasons in 2004, just wanted to watch live footy seeing as Liverpool was so far away. For a long time I wasn't arsed what the result was but over the years that's changed for me, I can't be classed as anything but a supporter of Portland. Fortunately the leagues and time difference means there's never a conflict of interests of which there'd only be one winner obviously.

Edited by ShoePiss

That is a question only he can answer himself. Im just saying what is reality here, and facts is that ALOT of people is supporting teams that can play each other in Europe.

A good example is alot of Brøndby fans in Denmark also supports Liverpool, and they met in the UEFA cup in the 90'ies.

Whilst that is true, and I can and do accept a person can "follow" or have a "soft spot" for another team, I still argue that a person can only, truely "support" one and one team only.

The Brondby / Liverpool "fans" must have found themselves being pulled in one direction or the other - must have - and therein lies their support.

Whilst that is true, and I can and do accept a person can "follow" or have a "soft spot" for another team, I still argue that a person can only, truely "support" one and one team only.

The Brondby / Liverpool "fans" must have found themselves being pulled in one direction or the other - must have - and therein lies their support.

Of course i agree with that, but i do believe that those Brøndby/Liverpool fans who supported one of those teams, still has more than "a soft spot" for the other team.

When i started watching football i was a Liverpool fan from the beginning. Then became fan of the Local club FC Copenhagen shortly after, so i could watch live footy.

If they would meet in Europe i would support Liverpool without a doubt, but i still see myself as a fan of FC Copenhagen, since i have followed them for 16 years.

You should really stop because you're in danger of making yourself look like an overly aggressive, loud-mouthed cunt.

Spot on.

Liverpool are my team, I watch Barcelona every week and I go and watch Bohemians over here in Dublin most weeks. I have a soft spot and want them to do well, but I dont near the same affection for them as I do for us.

its because the blokes a bellend.

Who does'nt know when to keep his mouth shut

so why then have the likes of neil warnock, whiskeynose and even fat sam not got bullets in the post sent to their players and themselves, not received bombs in the post, not had young thugs with guns hanging around their training ground and not been physically assaulted while at a game

i mean those guys are just as loud, annoying and provocative as lennon, if not more so

anyone who says he deserves it or has brought it onto himself either has an agenda or is a moron

the game up there is sick and the only solution i can see is that celtic decamp for another league, it's getting as bad as northern ireland in scotland in terms of sectarian hatred and that is what is at the root of the stuff lennon is dealing with (all stemming from his days playing for northern ireland when he had to quit because of death threats)

rangers will win the league but there are no winners in the scottish game this season, it truly has been an embarrassment, a stain on the footballing world, just disgusting stuff and the sad thing is that their authorities have no idea how to deal with it

Edited by Nathanzx

Scottish football seems to think that this madness is the best thing it has to offer, it's always the nastier the better with the Old Firm games especially. If Lennon packs it in because of this, and I wouldn't blame him for fucking the whole sorry inbred mess off for something more civilised, won't that encourage the nobheads to carry on with the next guy? Maybe Celtic should consult with Rangers and Hearts to get their approval. Or maybe the SFA should stop doing SFA about it.

In 1949 one of the most successful teams in Irish history called Belfast Celtic who one off our greatest ever servants Elisha Scott (467 appearances for Liverpool and two League Championships) managed had to withdraw from the Irish League

This was down to constant sectarian abuse Celtic fans had to take and in a match with Linfield on boxing day 1948 which finished 1-1, Linfield fans ran onto the pitch and broke Celtics player Jimmy Jones leg.The club withdrew from the league shortly after

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belfast_Celtic_F.C.

The hatred for Neil Lennon has nothing to do with how he acts or what he does its simply down to what he represents

Guest ShoePiss

Is Martin O'Neil a Northern Irish catholic? I honestly don't know as it's not important to me but if he is surely Lennon getting abuse isn't simply because he's a Northern Irish catholic.