You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I thought it was a bit of an odd decision to bring him on yesterday, given how long he has been out with injury, his lack of experience and how things were in the game at the time.

I am yet to have the 'ah, so that's why we bought him' moment, but one lives in hope.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tackle he made to get the booking was really stupid - he needs to cut that kind of crap out. He's not blown me away yet but given that he's been injured, shorn of confidence under Roy, played out of position and then in teams full of players all thrown in together, I'm more than prepared to cut him some slack.

I agree a loan move would be good for him - ideally to a Premier League club with lower aspirations than us or if not, a Championship club.

Why are we expecting things off him?

He's a boss little player who Kenny likes, he's not a £20m signing. Let him develop and take his time.

Some proper dickheads following us.

So fucking what if Kenny likes him?

So fucking what if he's 19? So fucking what if he didn't cost £20m? Or did cost £20m? (Don't know which would be worse (actually, I do)).

Does that preclude anyone from having a fucking opinion?

Who said that?

I'm talking about the fucking people who are fucking calling him fucking shit and saying he won't fucking make it here you fucking child.

Have I picked up on anyone who's given a reasoned response? Nope, just the people who've said he just can't play football or he's shit

Fucking fucking fuck cunt fuck shit twat.

Who said that?

I'm talking about the fucking people who are fucking calling him fucking shit and saying he won't fucking make it here you fucking child.

Have I picked up on anyone who's given a reasoned response? Nope, just the people who've said he just can't play football or he's shit

Fucking fucking fuck cunt fuck shit twat.

I would argue that it's probably too early to make a call about his LFC career, but that doesn't mean you can't express an opinion.

For example, I said David N'Gog was fucking shit from Day One. And I was right.

He was definitely showing signs of improvement before the injury, and that was probably down to the fact that he was getting more time on the pitch. The injury he's had definitely had an effect on his performance yesterday, no question. Look at Carroll against the mancs in his first outing, and compare that with his performance against man city last week.

Guest ShoePiss
Best example is Spearing. A lot of people wrote him off, including me, now we look rather silly.

I'm hopeful Spearing can be a useful squad player for years to come, I still don't think he's good enough for a title winning midfield. Played well recently though.

It is a good example as it shows the progress a player can make over a 2 year period. I hope Shelvey gets to play a part in the remaining games so we can get a better look at him. It would also help if he's playing in his preferred position though.

I'm hopeful Spearing can be a useful squad player for years to come, I still don't think he's good enough for a title winning midfield. Played well recently though.

It is a good example as it shows the progress a player can make over a 2 year period. I hope Shelvey gets to play a part in the remaining games so we can get a better look at him. It would also help if he's playing in his preferred position though.

He's better than Jordi Cruyff, Cristophe Wreh, David Bellion, Maniche, Thiago and plenty other's who have won it.

With an attitude like that why even post on a forum?

The question was asked whether we'd seen enough of him yet to judge, I commented that those within the club will have a better idea on that given his extremely limited game time.

Granted I never mentioned the second part of that but I felt that was fairly obviously.

Guest ShoePiss
He's better than Jordi Cruyff, Cristophe Wreh, David Bellion, Maniche, Thiago and plenty other's who have won it.

Rolls eyes, I think you understood what I was saying.

I don't think he's been properly fit at all this season. When I saw him at youth level he was almost identical in style to Gerrard, really quick and athletic and he outshone Wiltshire and McEachran every time I saw them play together. He seems a bit hesitant or slow at the moment. There's a player in there, I think he's just getting used to the step up. I wouldn't be adverse to sending him out on loan in the summer for experience if we get a couple of good CMs in. Remember, he's only just turned 19.

It's fine to have an opinion. However, everyone's opinion ought to be 'I haven't seen enough of him to form a sound judgement.'

He's played fuck all football this season and half the time he's been deployed at right mid, a position where he's more of a square peg in a round hole than Dirk Kuyt. He's eighteen and he's getting to grips with the top level. Even at Charlton during the second half of his breakthrough season he didn't play that much because they were financially fucked if he got injured and they couldn't sell him.

Talking about his pace is bollocks as well given that he's a centre-mid. Do Scholes, Pirlo and Xabi have searing pace? No? Must all be shit then.

Really, some absolute bollocks being talked. Particularly ridiculous after Lucas and Spearing - two players who a lot of people wrote off way too early and are now coming good - have just stuck cracking shifts in. I know this is a forum and we like to talk about things but that doesn't mean you have to form an opinion on everything.

He is not very good. He's slow, careless, and generally looking out of his depth.

Ok, that's settled then. I guess he should be sold now. No point in keeping a 19 year old player who's dissapointed us in the minutes he's played for the club. Or better still, we should keep in and hurl abuse at him for the next few years. Like we used to do at Lucas, proper fun that. What beeing a football fan is all about.

I thought it was a bit of an odd decision to bring him on yesterday, given how long he has been out with injury, his lack of experience and how things were in the game at the time.

I am yet to have the 'ah, so that's why we bought him' moment, but one lives in hope.

I thought it was the right decision actually (sounds like hindsight speaking but I swear it's not). I didn't like the idea when Kenny had N'gog warming up, as I felt at that time that N'gog wasn't the right player (yes I know he scored at Anfield). He makes running slowly an artform and with us playing on the break, that wasn't what we needed.

I expected Jonjo coming in to help further tighten the midfield while allowing Kuyt to stay on the right to help Flanagan and maybe exploit any gaps left behind by their fullbacks coming forward. It'd also give us an extra body to break forward from the middle - Jonjo on one leg would still beat N'gog in a sprint. Of course, it ended up with Jonjo on the right instead.

As it turned out, it was actually Jonjo who was involved in the middle at the end, playing a crucial role in gaining possession, maintaining the pressure on the panicky Gunners, and having his pass fortuitously deflected to Lucas to earn the free kick.

Anyway, the other two alternatives - Maxi and Cole - have probably played fewer than 90 minutes combined over the last 5 or 6 league games. I think that shows how much Kenny rates them these days.

I like Jonjo. I think there's potential in the guy but he needs to keep his head better. That yellow card was absolutely stupid.

He's not better than ngog, yeah granted ngog is infuriating at times, he is capable of sublime moments but unfortunately he is the most inconsistent player I've ever seen. I'm yet to be impressed by one thing shelveys done yet, I'm not writting him off just worried that he hasn't even shown the most basic of skill sets here, compared to Pacheco he's miles behind as a player