You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

48 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Is Walters still trying to make up beef with Liverpool fans to try and keep himself relative?

Maybe I should tell him I'm a former football club owner and that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Because we all need protection from a club who hasn’t won a trophy since 1995 and got to 1 final since…

IMG_0721.jpeg

Everton have spent about £600m since 2016. Is that not top table spending?

I'm confused - are they still the Mersey Millionaires or are they The People's Club?

The thing is, they would LOVE to be at the top table and neither the club nor the fans would give a flying fuck about anyone below them.

The PL will lose some credibility the longer the City charges drag on unresolved. 

But, the comparisons between City’s case and Everton’s are lazy and fail to acknowledge that the cases are totally different in nature. 

Everton have submitted two sets of financial statements which have breached the PL Profit & Sustainability Rules. That’s all that’s needed for the breach to be established. Then it’s for Everton to put forward a case as to why some of their losses shouldn’t count. 

But, City have not once submitted financial statements which have, on the face of it, breached the PSRs. The charges for City centre around the accuracy of the income and expenditure figures they’ve provided to show that they’re within the acceptable losses thresholds. 

It’s to be expected that a clear, admitted breach of the rules will be dealt with much quicker than a case which may involve the investigation of all sorts of fraudulent filings and falsified figures. 

I still have faith that City will get what’s coming to them. But it’ll take time. The PL and domestic football will become a ridiculous, obscene spectacle if nothing happens to City. And, the PL know this and I think they’ll do everything within their power to stop this from happening. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, dave u said:

Maybe I should tell him I'm a former football club owner and that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Change your Twitter name to Simon Jorden (Walters is too thick to spot the spelling of the surname) and we’ll club together for a blue tick for a few months while you troll him.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

The PL will lose some credibility the longer the City charges drag on unresolved. 

But, the comparisons between City’s case and Everton’s are lazy and fail to acknowledge that the cases are totally different in nature. 

Everton have submitted two sets of financial statements which have breached the PL Profit & Sustainability Rules. That’s all that’s needed for the breach to be established. Then it’s for Everton to put forward a case as to why some of their losses shouldn’t count. 

But, City have not once submitted financial statements which have, on the face of it, breached the PSRs. The charges for City centre around the accuracy of the income and expenditure figures they’ve provided to show that they’re within the acceptable losses thresholds. 

It’s to be expected that a clear, admitted breach of the rules will be dealt with much quicker than a case which may involve the investigation of all sorts of fraudulent filings and falsified figures. 

I still have faith that City will get what’s coming to them. But it’ll take time. The PL and domestic football will become a ridiculous, obscene spectacle if nothing happens to City. And, the PL know this and I think they’ll do everything within their power to stop this from happening. 

This is all true, we know the cases are different and one is far more complex than the other, but the reason people are pissed off is because Everton are by far the lesser evil here, yet they're getting done for a second time while we all have to wait ages for the other cunts to get theirs. Plus the rules are being changed in August, which you know will somehow end up massively helping City get a lighter punishment.

Everton are the bumbling shoplifter who looked up and waved at the security camera as they were leaving the shop with three packs of Revels in their pocket, whereas City are the Yorkshire Ripper, leaving bodies all over the place but covering their tracks and then just refusing to answer questions.

It's much easier to prosecute the shoplifter so they're doing that while the Ripper carries on killing until his trial date in the distant future.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

It's the first cost free, day 1 profit generating stadium, with it's very own UEFA Pro license.

It's going to wipe debts, give them untold wealth and turn them in to an all conquering team.

"Give it BMD til the end of the season..."

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

It's basically on par with the roman colosseum but accessible by boats.

The Colosseum is a good point. The Romans flooded it to put on a show of naval warfare to the public. Maybe we could do the same one team could be skippered by TLW own @Captain Turdseye

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naumachia

The delusion from them all that the new stadium will generate the funds to make them competitive is just that a illusion. 

Latest talk is it's cost 700ml. 

They've got what 15,000 extra seats. Corporate/boxes aren't going to sell that well. It would take them years just to pay off the costs and interest. Look at the second half of Wenger at Arsenal when tbe money was reigned in to pay for the stadium and that was with him working wonders keeping them in the champions league 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The delusion from them all that the new stadium will generate the funds to make them competitive is just that a illusion. 

Latest talk is it's cost 700ml. 

They've got what 15,000 extra seats. Corporate/boxes aren't going to sell that well. It would take them years just to pay off the costs and interest. Look at the second half of Wenger at Arsenal when tbe money was reigned in to pay for the stadium and that was with him working wonders keeping them in the champions league 

And that is without taking into account that 80% of their crowd are wearing school shorts to get in on under 16 tickets 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dave u said:

This is all true, we know the cases are different and one is far more complex than the other, but the reason people are pissed off is because Everton are by far the lesser evil here, yet they're getting done for a second time while we all have to wait ages for the other cunts to get theirs. Plus the rules are being changed in August, which you know will somehow end up massively helping City get a lighter punishment.

Everton are the bumbling shoplifter who looked up and waved at the security camera as they were leaving the shop with three packs of Revels in their pocket, whereas City are the Yorkshire Ripper, leaving bodies all over the place but covering their tracks and then just refusing to answer questions.

It's much easier to prosecute the shoplifter so they're doing that while the Ripper carries on killing until his trial date in the distant future.

What are these new PL PS rules? I knew the uefa model has changed (or changes this coming season) but I didn't realise the PL had changed too. Are the new PL rules in line with UEFA (salary and amortisation as a percentage of turnover). 

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

What the fuck is Everton spaces?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

What are these new PL PS rules? I knew the uefa model has changed (or changes this coming season) but I didn't realise the PL had changed too. Are the new PL rules in line with UEFA (salary and amortisation as a percentage of turnover). 

What the fuck is Everton spaces?

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1vOxwjDYjLdJB