You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Yeah, think the general cynicism about all clubs announcing parade details is too much, personally. It's not presumptuous, it's standard.

Whether it's used by other fans (including us) as another excuse to take the piss out of the losing team or not, you don't just arrange a parade after you win something.

• Upvote 1

"

club is now examining two un-named options"

I wouldn't put it passed Everton City Council to blow our library and childrens centre budget on the Commonwealth games just to give them a free ground

Option 1: Close eyes tightly and wish really really hard.

Option 2: Ask Santa.

• Upvote 2

Peel have done the square route of fuck all.with this Liverpool waters project. They just seem to be land bankers like that Bill Davies who would buy up prominent sites in the city and run them into the ground pretending to come up with schemes that would never see the light of day.

Just Googled him and found out he died the other day. He even bought a clock or library tower in Chicago and did fuck all with that.

Apparently it's quite normal. I know a lad who works for the council and they plan these things in advance. They even planned a possible Everton one in the event of them winning the FA Cup. After we beat Dortmund they prepares for the possibility of a Europa League win and what route it would take.

Planning it is one thing.

Announcing it two days before the final - that's a new one.

Our friends over at GOT are focusing on the most important aspect of this.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-to-announce-new-stadium-debate-within-months.66451/page-549

Waterfront or redevelop Goodison for me. Tin pot stadium by a motorway or stuck in a park will not put us back on the ascendency. If we could claim a waterfront spot we could leave Liverpool to waste in the park whilst every photo of the Liverpool waterfront had our crest on it, every cruise tourist would go on a stadium tour, every day tripper would see the stadium, every corporate event would want to be hosted there. Huge opportunity to put Liverpool in our shadow long term.

Self-awareness bypass:-

I do worry about the mental state of some of their fans if we ever returned to winning stuff when they're not. They seem to get overly annoyed if we do so much as have a few weeks of media attention distracting from them. Imagine if we won a title before they did. Pure meltdown.

The stadium is crucial though. Get it right and we could dominate in the future over them.

They're all creaming their kecks over this North Docks site, that they have now convinced themselves will be theirs.  (They are utterly rejecting the other, equally fictitious - albeit more practicable - Gillmoss site.)

In theory, it'd be absolutely brilliant, though I think it would be a massive logistical challenge. It would take some very creative design and probably a purchase of further surrounding land (if possible) for parking, fire safety regulations etc.

I'd imagine it would have its own dedicated landing stage for a cross-Mersey ferry etc.

To give an idea, here is Old Trafford on that plot, to demonstrate how much of a squeeze a new stadium with a larger footprint would be:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/attachments/stadium-jpg.23059/

So far, I've only found one person pointing out that Fat Joe's 3-year timescale is ludicrous.  They seem to have been completely blinded by this colossal lie, which has quite successfully prevented them from noticing that yet another relocation option has just gone to the wall.

Lash it on the waterfront. Let's see who's lobbing socks then?

The first team of the city on Liverpool's waterfront makes the city all ours. 

And for good measure we can hang then one by one on the banks of the royal blue Mersey the scandinavian and Cornish bastards. 

The bevvying opportunities closer to town would make any Everton move near there ace. 

Make that happen and you'd fill a stadium and no mistake.

Call it Everton 3.

I was having a drink in the Egremont Ferry pub over the water on Saturday. I like going there when I'm up, good beer and its got a great view of the city and the river. You can also see the Main Stand and the top of the Park End. Unfortunately however you can also see the pit, and because its on a hill that hideous new bunker now dominates the skyline. This is a once in century chance to put Everton at the heart of the city. It has to be to the waterfront; the gateway to the world that sealed Liverpool's reputation as one of the greatest, most historic and most idiosyncratic cities. Cardiff copes with 1000's in and out of the heart of that city, it will be a challenge but the logistics can be overcome I'm certain of it. If we can pull this off, the RS will always look down us... sat on their suburban hill, consumed with bitter envy.

You'll struggle to find a more heartfelt and truthful statement than this, folks. Ste is totally right, at the moment were two clubs occupying an outer district of the city. Done right, we could be the real city club, and they're just a suburban relic. The other club.

I had to have a peep at GOT.

They're all certifiably insane. They're talking about reclaiming bits of the Mersey and building a stadium on an island. Ha ha ha.

And, they've took screenshots of the two plots and Photoshopped an overhead, to scale Old Trafford into the vacant land to see if the land coukd accommodate a similar sized stadium. Why the fuck are Everton going to need a 70 odd thousand capacity stadium?

They're all bonkers.

Our friends over at GOT are focusing on the most important aspect of this.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-to-announce-new-stadium-debate-within-months.66451/page-549

Waterfront or redevelop Goodison for me. Tin pot stadium by a motorway or stuck in a park will not put us back on the ascendency. If we could claim a waterfront spot we could leave Liverpool to waste in the park whilst every photo of the Liverpool waterfront had our crest on it, every cruise tourist would go on a stadium tour, every day tripper would see the stadium, every corporate event would want to be hosted there. Huge opportunity to put Liverpool in our shadow long term.

Every. Single. Fucking thread on GOT, no matter what the subject, will always have a mention of us somewhere. It could be that weekends match thread, the fucking weather, Leicester City, anything, but we will always get a mention. The sad, obsessed fucking cunts. I just pray to God we can do the business on Wednesday, and let the piss taking commence.