You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

It makes no sense to off Jon Snow. He's been the man at the Wall and our link to what's going on north of it, if he dies than who carries that narrative? Sam, Davos? Nah, but Martin really needs to find the difference between shock in line with the narrative and shock for shock's sake.

It makes no sense to off Jon Snow. He's been the man at the Wall and our link to what's going on north of it, if he dies than who carries that narrative? Sam, Davos? Nah, but Martin really needs to find the difference between shock in line with the narrative and shock for shock's sake.

That's the thing. The White Walkers story is one of the main themes of the show. Who is going to be telling that story? Who is the hero that is going to lead the fight against them? Killing Jon Snow removes all and any interest in the Wall arc.

Oh so she knows these boys already?

Jon Snow is Azor ahai.

It's all not as bad as it seems... Needs to get a fucking move on though.

She probably knows them, and they will almost certainly know her, but they might not be friendly given what happened to Drogo.

Quit whinging, that was pretty good TV. A lot of things I didn't see coming (apart from the last scene) and good to see that massive Biggins-a-like back. I haven't read the books, but wonder whether The witch fucked Stannis over deliberately. We never saw her attempt to use the sacrifice so is she saving it to help someone else for whom she feels affinity and who needs it more?

I know readers like Stanjis, but in this series what the fuck is the point of him?

Bran is north of the wall.

Read on IMDB that the special effects to create him put them over budget after season 2 so he and the other direwolves were drastically cut. The witch has got to bring him back. That was no body double, it was the real actress. Brave doing that walk though. Actually felt sorry for her

lena-headey.png

These titties are not the same titties.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if Arya going blind was because shed stabbed Meryn in the eyes.

The thing with Jon being offed by Alliser, Alliser guarded that wall long before Jon came, and he guarded it from Wildlings, wildlings that he has seen butcher many of the nights watch no doubt. He hasn't fought or seen white walkers, In Jon's devine wisdom he decided to tell Rik Waller about what happened and not address Alliser. He never liked Jon from day one and was envious of the support he got but really without him believing or seeing the extent of the walkers you can understand why he did it.

• Upvote 2

You could tell during that walk that it was a double. Her face was digitally inserted.

Deffo, that wasn't a 30s body. 

She's the reverse of Denaris, she looks well fitter brunette than blonde does Cersai. Still can't believe that's her in Dredd. 

Is Stannis dead then or what? Or is this another one of those mystery off screen deaths like the hound and the first sword of Bravos, because Martin doesn't know if he wants to bring them back or what?

Stannis's exit was shit, truly a whimper, there's no way he'd have tried to besiege Winterfell with no siegeworks or horses, he's not a retard. 

I wonder if all that cavalry were knights of the veil, wasn't Carcetti up to some shit there a few weeks back? 

Guest Pistonbroke

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole series, it wavered from the books somewhat but I suppose they were left with little choice to leave certain parts out and expand on others. Plenty of decent characters left for me and with Martin you just don't know if Stannis copped it and if Jon Snow will be brought back as a warg etc etc. Plenty of script from book 5 which they haven't used yet, probably due to the fact they have to do some filming before he brings out "The winds of winter." 

For those who have read the books they still have to approach the Ironborn as they sail their fleet along the coast of Westeros pillaging and then onto Meereen to fight for the Dragons. Victarian Greyjoy will be another cunt who will be loved or hated, plus you have another Red Priest named Moqorro who is part of this voyage. 

Deffo, that wasn't a 30s body. 

She's the reverse of Denaris, she looks well fitter brunette than blonde does Cersai. Still can't believe that's her in Dredd. 

Is Stannis dead then or what? Or is this another one of those mystery off screen deaths like the hound and the first sword of Bravos, because Martin doesn't know if he wants to bring them back or what?

Stannis's exit was shit, truly a whimper, there's no way he'd have tried to besiege Winterfell with no siegeworks or horses, he's not a retard. 

I wonder if all that cavalry were knights of the veil, wasn't Carcetti up to some shit there a few weeks back? 

I think the whole point was he knew at that point he couldn't win, Melisandre had deserted him, as had half his army, his wife and child were dead. He said earlier in the series if he retreats he's lost anyway, he just wanted to die, the battle was already lost from his own actions, the actual battle was just to complete the formalities.

Clearly Stannis did turn into a bit of a retard, he's always been a bit pathetic and desperate but he lost some brains along the way too if he didn't expect major fallout from burning alive his own daughter in front of everyone.

Jon Snow will be reincarnated 

The oldest and most enduring Game of Thrones fan theory is that Jon Snow is not Ned Stark’s bastard son, but his nephew. The R+L=J theory holds that Jon is the offspring of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, repeated allusions to both of which have been made in season five. Martin named his literary series A Song of Ice and Fire, which looks to make Jon the singer as the union of Stark and Targaryen. The other prominent Targaryen in the books and show is of course Daenerys, who we saw at the end of season one and book one (A Game of Thrones) experience something of a rebirth after walking into her husband Khal Drogo’s funeral pyre and emerging unscathed.

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/game-of-thrones-character-is--definitely-dead---confirms-star-103143889.html

The long-running character in 'Game of Thrones' who was shockingly despatched in last night's season five finale is definitely dead, despite fan rumours that they may not be.

*For those who have yet to see the season five finale, there are spoilers ahead...*

Jon Snow, the lord commander of the Night's Watch, was brutally murdered by his own men last night in a twist that few who have not read the books would have seen coming.

But many fans have suggested that the appearance of Melisandre - the red witch who may be capable of raising him from the dead - at Castle Black shortly before his murder could mean that he could yet survive.

But Kit Harington, who has played the noble Snow from the show's first episode, has said that it is all over, and that the show's writers confirmed it to him.

Speaking to EW, he said: “I've been told I'm dead. I'm dead.

“I had a sit-down with Dan [Weiss] and David [beinhoff], we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know they’re being whacked]. And they said, 'Look, you’re gone, it’s done'.”

The director of the episode David Nutter also confirmed to the Hollywood Reporter 'Jon Snow is dead', as the book deals with his demise in a slightly more ambiguous manner.

He added: “[Harington] is a consummate professional. It wasn't unlike the Red Wedding where everyone gets attached to people when you work with them for such a long time. You really grow quite fond of each other. You're family. It was a lot of sadness on the set.

“The guys on the crew knew Kit really well, and people who are extras — the members of the Night's Watch, they take this very seriously. They have clubs and they have get-togethers. These guys have to look like that 24/7, 12 months a year. They live the part so much.

“I took all of the extras aside prior to shooting the sequence and we read the Night's Watch creed together, because I wanted them to feel like they are part of it.

“Without them being involved, it wouldn't have worked as well. I wanted the scene to happen rather quickly, where it didn't hang at all. That it would happen before you know it.”

It was a bewilderingly brutal episode, even by 'Game of Thrones' standards, with Stephen Dillane's Stannis Baratheon also dying, Cersei being physically abused as she was forced to walk through Kings Landing naked to atone for her adultery, and Arya murdering Ser Meryn Trant before later losing her sight.

It also appeared that Theon and Sansa may have died too after jumping from the walls of Winterfell.

Show watchers and book readers are now up to date with each other in terms of the action in George RR Martin's series.

Season five wrapped up the plots of Martin's fourth and fifth books, 'A Feast For Crows' and 'A Dance With Dragons'.

But it was confirmed earlier this year that the show will likely go on ahead of the books, as Martin will not have finished his sixth novel 'The Winds of Winter' in time, though there is a chance he may deliver it before season six has to commence.

Speaking to the Oxford Union in March, Benioff said: “Luckily, we’ve been talking about this with George for a long time, ever since we saw this could happen, and we know where things are heading.

“And so we’ll eventually, basically, meet up at pretty much the same place where George is going; there might be a few deviations along the route, but we’re heading towards the same destination.

“I kind of wish that there were some things we didn’t have to spoil, but we’re kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. The show must go on. And that’s what we’re going to do.”

Wonder if Jon Snow is actually some kind of spectre anyway. He killed a white walker, it was put down to his sword but maybe it's him? Also,  the Night's King seemed pretty interested in him. One of the Night's King's decendents maybe? 

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/game-of-thrones-character-is--definitely-dead---confirms-star-103143889.html

The long-running character in 'Game of Thrones' who was shockingly despatched in last night's season five finale is definitely dead, despite fan rumours that they may not be.

*For those who have yet to see the season five finale, there are spoilers ahead...*

Jon Snow, the lord commander of the Night's Watch, was brutally murdered by his own men last night in a twist that few who have not read the books would have seen coming.

But many fans have suggested that the appearance of Melisandre - the red witch who may be capable of raising him from the dead - at Castle Black shortly before his murder could mean that he could yet survive.

But Kit Harington, who has played the noble Snow from the show's first episode, has said that it is all over, and that the show's writers confirmed it to him.

Speaking to EW, he said: “I've been told I'm dead. I'm dead.

“I had a sit-down with Dan [Weiss] and David [beinhoff], we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know they’re being whacked]. And they said, 'Look, you’re gone, it’s done'.”

The director of the episode David Nutter also confirmed to the Hollywood Reporter 'Jon Snow is dead', as the book deals with his demise in a slightly more ambiguous manner.

He added: “[Harington] is a consummate professional. It wasn't unlike the Red Wedding where everyone gets attached to people when you work with them for such a long time. You really grow quite fond of each other. You're family. It was a lot of sadness on the set.

“The guys on the crew knew Kit really well, and people who are extras — the members of the Night's Watch, they take this very seriously. They have clubs and they have get-togethers. These guys have to look like that 24/7, 12 months a year. They live the part so much.

“I took all of the extras aside prior to shooting the sequence and we read the Night's Watch creed together, because I wanted them to feel like they are part of it.

“Without them being involved, it wouldn't have worked as well. I wanted the scene to happen rather quickly, where it didn't hang at all. That it would happen before you know it.”

It was a bewilderingly brutal episode, even by 'Game of Thrones' standards, with Stephen Dillane's Stannis Baratheon also dying, Cersei being physically abused as she was forced to walk through Kings Landing naked to atone for her adultery, and Arya murdering Ser Meryn Trant before later losing her sight.

It also appeared that Theon and Sansa may have died too after jumping from the walls of Winterfell.

Show watchers and book readers are now up to date with each other in terms of the action in George RR Martin's series.

Season five wrapped up the plots of Martin's fourth and fifth books, 'A Feast For Crows' and 'A Dance With Dragons'.

But it was confirmed earlier this year that the show will likely go on ahead of the books, as Martin will not have finished his sixth novel 'The Winds of Winter' in time, though there is a chance he may deliver it before season six has to commence.

Speaking to the Oxford Union in March, Benioff said: “Luckily, we’ve been talking about this with George for a long time, ever since we saw this could happen, and we know where things are heading.

“And so we’ll eventually, basically, meet up at pretty much the same place where George is going; there might be a few deviations along the route, but we’re heading towards the same destination.

“I kind of wish that there were some things we didn’t have to spoil, but we’re kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. The show must go on. And that’s what we’re going to do.”

Its hardly likely that they are going to spoil the cliffhanger and say "dont worry Jon is coming back next series"

To me hes essential to the entire story arc

It doesnt make sense to off him now, especially when Weiss & Benioff actually got permission from George RR Martin to do the show by answering one question "Who is Jon Snows mother??" Why would that be such a secret and such an essential question if his end game was dying at the Wall at the hands of the Nights Watch