You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking news on Sky Sports is Blackpool reject Liverpools £4million bid for Charlie.

WoOGii

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our tactics of agreeing with the player and trying to get him to force a move is not exactly working every time. I think we seem kind of small time with the way we obviously want something without being prepared to pay what the seller asks.

It's like going to the car salesman and asking to buy a Bentley but only being willing to pay for a Volkswagon.

It takes a premium to get clubs to sell their best players and we need to pay it if we are going to compete at the top.

Sorry but it isn't like that at all.

It's like going to an Audi dealer and being asked to pay for a Ferrari. The Audi is a quality car, we all know this but is it worth Ferrari money if performance is all you are interested in? No it's not so you don't pay that.

Liverpool have offered about the right price for the Audi but now we're finding out that the price on the Audi is coming down due to a careless previous owner (De Boer) and his handling.

Should we pay more? No. We're being more than generous by giving the previous owner who can't afford to run the car a more than fair price. If someone else comes in for our Audi and pays a stupid amount then sound. That's when we send Comolli out looking for another Audi or pay that bit extra for the Ferrari.

It's like going to an Audi dealer and being asked to pay for a Ferrari. The Audi is a quality car, we all know this but is it worth Ferrari money if performance is all you are interested in? No it's not so you don't pay that.

Liverpool have offered about the right price for the Audi but now we're finding out that the price on the Audi is coming down due to a careless previous owner (De Boer) and his handling.

Should we pay more? No. We're being more than generous by giving the previous owner who can't afford to run the car a more than fair price. If someone else comes in for our Audi and pays a stupid amount then sound. That's when we send Comolli out looking for another Audi or pay that bit extra for the Ferrari.

Jesus wept

You've lost me. Do any of these cars come with a sat-nav?

Jesus wept

Then we crucified him, what's your point?

As usual you don't have one. I'm flavour of the month for you and as such any post I make you will look down on and poke holes in.

Tell me that I am wrong in my analysis of the situation?

No wonder we can't buy a player when our own fans think we should be offering over the top for Suarez when for around the same price there are players who are MUCH more talented.

Pato went to Milan for less than they want, Aguero to Atleti for less, Villa to Barca.

It's a fucking joke and instead of laugh some idiots on here want us to be the punchline.

4m is a ridiculously low fee for a player who is integral for blackpool staying up. If i was blackpool i'd just keep him and let him go for a free when his contract runs out rather than sell him so cheaply. If this is the type of offers that liverpool are offering for players we aren't going to get any player here.

Then we crucified him, what's your point?

As usual you don't have one. I'm flavour of the month for you and as such any post I make you will look down on and poke holes in.

Tell me that I am wrong in my analysis of the situation?

No wonder we can't buy a player when our own fans think we should be offering over the top for Suarez when for around the same price there are players who are MUCH more talented.

Pato went to Milan for less than they want, Aguero to Atleti for less, Villa to Barca.

It's a fucking joke and instead of laugh some idiots on here want us to be the punchline.

Errr...we didn't crucify him, the italians did, whilst the jews stood and watched, probably because they owned the crucifix business.

Had Jesus been born in England, as surely he would have been if there actually was a god, he would have been treated to a nice hot cup of tea and a scone, before being sent on his merry way.

Errr...we didn't crucify him, the italians did, whilst the jews stood and watched, probably because they owned the crucifix business.

Had Jesus been born in England, as surely he would have been if there actually was a god, he would have been treated to a nice hot cup of tea and a scone, before being sent on his merry way.

While you create division I merely saw us all in this context as the human race.

Good point about the english though, tally ho, biff biff and all that.

What's the crucifix business like these days? Last time I looked it was a bit up in the air ...

In a car. An Audi, maybe.

Listen silverlining you shit house, if you have something to say then say it don't neg me like a 4 year old pushing on the yard you tit.

Oh and Lucas is a MUCH better player than Charlie Adam for our team as Adam is not as good as Meireles or Gerrard and doesn't have the stamina or positional sense defensively of Lucas.

In other words fuck off with your Lucas bashing and start realising he's getting better by the game and has been one of our best players if not the best all season you prick.

You too,eh? Those kids playing with their blocks can be dangerous. They call you names as well. Terrifying stuff.

I like Holloway. He's only doing what any manager would do.

He's pretty much said he'll let him go when a suitable offer arrives, and a suitable offer hasn't arrived. If City came in and offered £20 Million for Torres you'd tell them to go fuck themselves wouldn't you?

I hope there hasn't been too many crafty tactics from Damien. But I can't fault Holloway, he said, that having Adam could be key to getting £40 Mil in the summer thanks to surviving in the PL. So getting £10 Million now won't be very beneficial in the long term.

Fernando Torres' shirt sales would cover 20m in the first year or two. That's a bit different... considering he's one of the most popular players on the planet.

When I see lads running around Asia in Blackpool "ADAM" tops, then maybe I'll take your argument as decent.

Lucas Leiva vs Charlie Adam

Goals: 0 - 4

Assists: 1 - 4

Red: 1 - 0

Yellow: 3 - 7

Fouls conceded: 42 - 35

Fouls won: 33 - 45

Tackles lost: 30 - 6

Tackles won: 58 - 38

Shot on target: 2 - 20

Total shot: 6 - 51

Appearances: 19 - 21

Att.created: 13 - 38

Tot.passes: 1014 - 1185

Acc.passes: 845 - 873

Min. played: 1597 - 1795

From BBC:

Holloway revealed Oyston had taken a call from Liverpool director of football strategy Damian Comolli on Sunday night.

"He [Comolli] ummed and aahed and apparently did not make much sense," stated Holloway, who also confirmed he had given no thought to leaving Adam out of Tuesday's game with Manchester United.

"Not a chance," he added. "If I tried to stop that boy playing against Manchester United, he would probably kill me.

"Charlie loves this club and just because he puts a transfer request in doesn't change that."

Ian Holloway in his press conference has said that he has heard that are concerns as to whether Charlie Adam was considered a big enough name to bring in as a first signing. I presume that this is in reference to players that Damien Comolli is proposing to bring in. Comolli is clearly under pressure to impress and get signings spot on.

It shouldn't matter if Adam is their (FSG) first signing. If we go on and bring in Suarez or someone else of that caliber and maybe even more it's irrelevant who got here first. After all it will be in the space of a week!

It's not like we're going to think that because we buy Adam first we won't get a winger or striker is it?

The owners and Comolli has been talking big in the press about money being there. Fine then do the deals or stop talking like this cause right now only Blackpool and Ajax have gained anything from it.

I trust the owners to get it right, but they have put pressure on themselves talking like this cause in the end supporters don't care about fees for players.

It may very well be sensible to buy on the cheap or at least do solid deals, but for what - selling with a profit? These players will have been well worth the cash if we end up taking fourth spot (unlikely yes, but long term).

It will be a huge let down if FSG don't deliver now after all their talk. January is difficult, but it didn't stop them from talking. I still think we'll get Adam and Suarez, maybe more, but they've done themselves little favours so fare in negotiating a sensible fee.