You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nick, don't you think that Hodgson's misery is self-inflicted - the performances, tactics, media blunders, etc? He has decided not to resign and therefore either believes he will turn things around or is looking for compensation. I can't help but contrast this with how Stachan behaved at Middlesborough:

An extremely classy thing to do. Well done to him.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

veruca_salt.jpg

"I want it now, daddy - you promised!!!"

If anger and impatience that a man universally recognised as brazenly unfit for his job weeks/months ago remains employed at the most successful club in the country while they sit precariously close to the relegation zone is wrong, what is the appropriate reaction?

If anger and impatience that a man universally recognised as brazenly unfit for his job weeks/months ago remains employed at the most successful club in the country while they sit precariously close to the relegation zone is wrong, what is the appropriate reaction?

The appropriate reaction is not to demand things like a child and stop being so fucking spoiled, to stop calling out the owners, to stop abusing them because things are not done in a rushed way and to remember how dignified and classy a club we used to be and trust in the new owners who do seem to be upholding how we used to be

Once again the problem lies with the fuckwads who employed him in the first place. Handing out contracts like that to the likes of Hodgson, Konchesky et al was always going to be a terrible idea.

When they're only there to fleece money, it doesn't matter being utterly ignorant of football. Sad thing is, their biggest ally is the idiotic comments of people masquerading as fans..

The appropriate reaction is not to demand things like a child and stop being so fucking spoiled, to stop calling out the owners, to stop abusing them because things are not done in a rushed way and to remember how dignified and classy a club we used to be and trust in the new owners who do seem to be upholding how we used to be

Firstly what have they done to warrantsuch trust? It's interesting you used that word because that's exactly what Parry asked us to do as he sold the club down the river and with it the assertion that trust should be handed out and not earned.

I also disagree that removing Hodgson immediately would be acting in a rushed way. This is our worst season for 50 years. There is a genuine chance that Liverpool football club might be relegated. There is a far superior manager to the current incumbent who would relish the job on an interim basis until the "right" man can be recruited in the summer. In my view, there can be no justification for not acting and I find it astounding that actually merits praise.

I can only imagine how much awe and great admiration Nesv will get from some if they let Hodgson see out his contract.

The thing I don't understand with all of this is the fact they waited one whole week after taking over the Boston Redsox before sacking their coach. As back then, they didn't hire the coach, just like they didn't hire Hodgson. This begs the question into why are they showing him any loyalty?

Given the astonishing tide of resentment towards Hodgson by fans and even some ex players, you'd have to question why Hodgson still remains as our manager given an appalling set of results and performances, with no light at the end of a very long tunnel.

I cannot see a single advantage of keeping him on going into a massive game on Sunday, even if we went into that game without a manager. Someone must be advising them very badly.

As when our last cunt owners were ousted, a dark cloud was lifted from our club. Exactly the same will happen when Roy is given his marching orders from fans and more importantly players, who probably despise him as much as we do.

Firstly what have they done to warrantsuch trust? It's interesting you used that word because that's exactly what Parry asked us to do as he sold the club down the river and with it the assertion that trust should be handed out and not earned.

I also disagree that removing Hodgson immediately would be acting in a rushed way. This is our worst season for 50 years. There is a genuine chance that Liverpool football club might be relegated. There is a far superior manager to the current incumbent who would relish the job on an interim basis until the "right" man can be recruited in the summer. In my view, there can be no justification for not acting and I find it astounding that actually merits praise.

I can only imagine how much awe and great admiration Nesv will get from some if they let Hodgson see out his contract.

Stop being such a clown.

As said previously, many, many times, silence does not necessarily equate to none action. Just because we finally have owners again who don't do everything through the press doesn't mean they are doing absolutely nothing. You know nothing of what is happening behind closed doors, neither do I. I just don't call on them and assume the worst.

Anyone with half a brain would realise removing Hodgson at this very moment with the amount of games in such a short space of time isn't good business, neither is giving a shit load of compensation money away to someone without a long term replacement being lined up, which probably won't happen until we get a new CEO in place.

As far as Kenny goes, fine, give him the job, then what happens if he fails and we get relegated? An idol would be ruined. What happens if he goes on a 19 game winning streak and we end up miraculously in the CL places then gets replaced in the summer? Either way there will be riots in the stands.

It is all about the long term, it always has been. I am much happier knowing we have a board which are planning for long term objectives and with a direction, who take their time to consider everything before they act than I would be if we had an Abramovic which you lot seem to want. It is something we have all been crying for, a return to the Liverpool ethos of old.

Finally, regarding the trust issue, why would we not trust that the owners will remove the manager? These are highly successful businessmen who are not blind. They can see that the results are shit, they can see that people are angry and they will act upon it as soon as practically possible in order to protect their asset. It's common sense, something which seems to be dearly lacking with some folks at the moment. Which is a pity, because our fans used to have common sense.

The thing I don't understand with all of this is the fact they waited one whole week after taking over the Boston Redsox before sacking their coach. As back then, they didn't hire the coach, just like they didn't hire Hodgson. This begs the question into why are they showing him any loyalty?

Given the astonishing tide of resentment towards Hodgson by fans and even some ex players, you'd have to question why Hodgson still remains as our manager given an appalling set of results and performances, with no light at the end of a very long tunnel.

I cannot see a single advantage of keeping him on going into a massive game on Sunday, even if we went into that game without a manager. Someone must be advising them very badly.

As when our last cunt owners were ousted, a dark cloud was lifted from our club. Exactly the same will happen when Roy is given his marching orders from fans and more importantly players, who probably despise him as much as we do.

I may be wrong but I think it was the GM they sacked not the coach, from what I gather the GM is more of a CEO and has no on the field managing responsibilities. The coach I think they sacked the end of the year.

Edit: I was wrong! It was a week later they sacked the coach apparently.

Edited by fungus

Difference is, the manager was already failing when they took over the red sox, so they knew he needed to be replaced immediately, plus they had a CEO and GM in place immediately so they could make the decision. They just haven't found a CEO for liverpool yet, or, more than likely, they have, but he has to serve his notice at his current job. Until then they were content to let Hodgson do his job and see where he took us, now it seems he is out of his depth so he'll be gone soon enough.

Stop being such a clown.

As said previously, many, many times, silence does not necessarily equate to none action. Just because we finally have owners again who don't do everything through the press doesn't mean they are doing absolutely nothing. You know nothing of what is happening behind closed doors, neither do I. I just don't call on them and assume the worst.

Anyone with half a brain would realise removing Hodgson at this very moment with the amount of games in such a short space of time isn't good business, neither is giving a shit load of compensation money away to someone without a long term replacement being lined up, which probably won't happen until we get a new CEO in place.

As far as Kenny goes, fine, give him the job, then what happens if he fails and we get relegated? An idol would be ruined. What happens if he goes on a 19 game winning streak and we end up miraculously in the CL places then gets replaced in the summer? Either way there will be riots in the stands.

It is all about the long term, it always has been. I am much happier knowing we have a board which are planning for long term objectives and with a direction, who take their time to consider everything before they act than I would be if we had an Abramovic which you lot seem to want. It is something we have all been crying for, a return to the Liverpool ethos of old.

Finally, regarding the trust issue, why would we not trust that the owners will remove the manager? These are highly successful businessmen who are not blind. They can see that the results are shit, they can see that people are angry and they will act upon it as soon as practically possible in order to protect their asset. It's common sense, something which seems to be dearly lacking with some folks at the moment. Which is a pity, because our fans used to have common sense.

The last line was unnecessary, so I apologise but I recall similar declarations about a return to the Liverpool way when Hodgson was appointed.

You're right I don't know what is going on behind closed doors but there is an inescapable fact here; Roy Hodgson is not fit to be Liverpool manager and should have been sacked by now. 99% of posters on here wanted him sacked a week ago; 94% wanted him sacked two months ago. Yet he remains here. That is inaction. They've allowed this situation to rumble on and, as it did against Wolves and surely will do against Everton, explode. They could have resolved this months ago.

The point about Kenny is one I don't understand. We're Liverpool fans, we want the team to do well so if we go on a great run of form that is great news. It's strange to worry he might do too well, but that said I would appoint him on the basis that this was a temporary measure and we'd be looking for someone in the summer. If that caused problems within our fanbase in the summer then, frankly, I don't really care.

Also, you can't laud FSG's comittment to long-term objectives - and I'd be interested in your definition of long-term - while ignoring the short-term immediate risk that we're in a relegation battle. One that would see us lose our two non-Gerrard prized assests - one happens to be the biggest shirt seller in the country - who would cost, what, £70-100m to replace? That doesn't mention that had we acted sooner and removed Hodgson we may be in a position to contest the CL places which are instrumental in attracting talent. By doing nothing we're making it much, much harder to compete with the Man City's, Tottenhams, Arsenal's etc in the long-term. They're progressing while we rapidly regress.

Stop being such a clown.

Seriously get yer had out yer arse, or whoever's it's up. Ye've just replied to a decent post, telling him to stop being a clown. Before posting that it would be stupid to replace a manager with such a run of games coming up - why, if there's a good chance we'll get 1 win in 3 woohoo! fuck me let's go for it. Then to speculate that Dalglish could get us relegated or go on a 19 game unbeaten run, fuck me what planet are yer on, if Kenny comes in and we win games great - that is what we exist for, not to have the captain throwing in the towel days before a cup game agaisnt our biggest fucking rivals. Common sense, fuck me, last time we got shafted, there was lots of "well the next lot are gonna have to earn some trust, we'll be a lot more on our guard, won't get fooled again". You appear to happy to just bend over backwards and wait to see what they stick up yer arse, people have paid for a season ticket, will they get a refund for the absolute fucking dross on the pitch every week?? Do we ever get the time back spent watching royston fucking hodgson deploying players in positions they are eminently unsuitable for, in a rigid formation that went out with lee semi flares???

People are right to be cautious re the new owners, sure they did well with Boston, but I remember people bigging up the other shower of shite and the stanley vase or whatever the fuck they played for. So far they have bought the club, and have not promised not to put the debt back on the club, this makes sense as all clubs operate with a level of debt however, we heard similar things from the last lot. THey have brought in a director of football who is very much an unknown quantity, he was at spurs where he appeared to ruffle a few feathers and there are queries over his imnput, he was also at Arsenal as a scout - hardly setting the world on fire, but give him a chance with a level of caution. What else have they done??? On the plus side they have given an interview with the fans to say they are unhappy with results and performances on the pitch, on the minus side they are the only ones who can directly affect the fact that the manager running the team currrently is an absolute fucking nightmare of a manager, who is trying to get some excellent, some very good, and some decent players to play the kind of game you can see any sunday morning on the parks around the country. "Damien what do you think of Roy's style of play??" If he doesn't answer that it's absolutely antiquated shit, then he's in the wrong job, at the wrong club. Roy needs to go now, thats not screaming and shouting, but at the minute this is like fucking abusive parents staying together "for the sake of the kids" and Roy's continuing to kick fuck out of the old bird.

Guest The Chimp

I'm genuinely not trying to be antagnistic or contrary here, but if part of the reasoning to get Benitez out* was that if we didn't we'd lose some of our best players, then why has this ceased to be an issue? Why is it now OK to give Hodgson to the end of the season, given that it's more than likely to result in us losing players. Or are we simply resigned to the fact that they're going anyway? In which case the appointment of Hodgson looks even dafter than I'd thought possible.

NESV confuse me in that they're on record for admitting to knowing next to nothing about football, but in Kenny they have at their disposal a font of knowledge on all things Liverpool and yet (if posts on here are correct) he isn't even being consulted.

* I'm aware that it was based on results as well and not getting the best out of the team, but I'm presuming everyone knows that this is also the case with Hodgson, moreso in fact.

Edit. I agree with Arthur (even though I reckon he thinks I'm talking out of my arse for suggesting the reason that NESV won't appoint Kenny/fire Hodgson thus far, is for fear of appearing weak and pandering to the fans wishes - and the dangerous precedent that this could be seen to set given what happened to the last lot).

I'm genuinely not trying to be antagnistic or contrary here, but if part of the reasoning to get Benitez out* was that if we didn't we'd lose some of our best players, then why has this ceased to be an issue? Why is it now OK to give Hodgson to the end of the season, given that it's more than likely to result in us losing players. Or are we simply resigned to the fact that they're going anyway? In which case the appointment of Hodgson looks even dafter than I'd thought possible.

NESV confuse me in that they're on record for admitting to knowing next to nothing about football, but in Kenny they have at their disposal a font of knowledge on all things Liverpool and yet (if posts on here are correct) he isn't even being consulted.

* I'm aware that it was based on results as well and not getting the best out of the team, but I'm presuming everyone knows that this is also the case with Hodgson, moreso in fact.

Edit. I agree with Arthur (even though I reckon he thinks I'm talking out of my arse for suggesting the reason that NESV won't appoint Kenny/fire Hodgson thus far, is for fear of appearing weak and pandering to the fans wishes - and the dangerous precedent that this could be seen to set given what happened to the last lot).

never met a contrary chimp before!

Maybe they already have an agreement in place with someone else to start in the summer.

That does look likely.

And though we don't give a shite, it does matter to the manager concerned and his current club.

Imagine we give it to Kenny, already this other manager will start to flap. He's already seen what happened to Hodgson when he stepped into Rafa's shoes, the thought of coming here with fans in uproar because The King wasn't kept on won't be a huge selling point.

And should he have already mentioned this to his club and they've set up their own search for HIS successor?

It's a right fucking mess potentially.

Guest The Chimp

I've upset people today Arthur - well one person. Not my usual M.O. either. Indeed, given doubts as to whether I am actually being a crabby fucker I was going to refrain from posting "Authority is not given to you to deny the return of the king, Mr. Kelly", but I've been waiting ages to use that line and it's too good an opportunity to miss.

I've upset people today Arthur - well one person. Not my usual M.O. either. Indeed, given doubts as to whether I am actually being a crabby fucker I was going to refrain from posting "Authority is not given to you to deny the return of the king, Mr. Kelly", but I've been waiting ages to use that line and it's too good an opportunity to miss.

Good stuff Al, we all piss people off from time to time, and apologise if and when it's needed if necessary. Besides from an auld cunt like you it be expected, no??

The more I look at this, the more I think that something must be in the pipeline.

No statements of support, cancelled press conferences, leaked reports of the board finding results seriously discouraging.

I'm going to try and keep positive and keep faith in FSG, as they've not done anything up to now to make me doubt them. The only logical reason why Roy is still in place must be because the replacement is currently unavailable. Their lack of comment suggests that the replacement won't be unavailable for too much longer. I reckon Kenny will be in place before Blackpool.

They've come up trumps! Nice one FSG.