You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Some health help needed...

waiting game

I’m hoping that somebody can help me. I have been feeling really off recently and in some pain so i finally went to the doctors, got sick of my Mrs. yelling at me!

Anyway I turns out I have an acid problem (no jokes please) and it has caused a stomach ulcer. The acid has also caused bowel problems as well as chest and lung issues.

Now all this is due to the fact that I have a real problem with stress. I get really angry about most things if I’m perfectly honest. My Dr. Has given me a shit load of medication to take daily and sent me off with the advice “LEARN TO CALM DOWN” But, I have no idea how to calm down! I don’t remember the last time I was ‘calm’.

This brings me onto my point. Does anybody have any advice on how i can calm down and de-stress? I can only find stuff about breathing online which seems a bit weak to me.

I have a wife a kids, I am now getting really worried about my health and its time for a chance in behaviour i think, but I have no idea where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and would earn rep from me!

Thanks guys.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m hoping that somebody can help me. I have been feeling really off recently and in some pain so i finally went to the doctors, got sick of my Mrs. yelling at me!

Anyway I turns out I have an acid problem (no jokes please) and it has caused a stomach ulcer. The acid has also caused bowel problems as well as chest and lung issues.

Now all this is due to the fact that I have a real problem with stress. I get really angry about most things if I’m perfectly honest. My Dr. Has given me a shit load of medication to take daily and sent me off with the advice “LEARN TO CALM DOWN” But, I have no idea how to calm down! I don’t remember the last time I was ‘calm’.

This brings me onto my point. Does anybody have any advice on how i can calm down and de-stress? I can only find stuff about breathing online which seems a bit weak to me.

I have a wife a kids, I am now getting really worried about my health and its time for a chance in behaviour i think, but I have no idea where to start.

Thanks guys.

Sorry Mr Hicks, can't help you!

Only joking sorry, couldn't resist!

Guest davelfc

Get a shooting game on the pc and shoot the shit out of something.

Get wrapped up and go for a walk, I used to live near a prom and a wander along there.

The gym (as already mentioned) can be a great relief for stress, until those bloody women start chatting instead of using the machine when you're waiting, that makes me sooooo angry.

Guest ShoePiss
Think ill avoid the weed as it has always made me grumpy in previous years (trying to avoid that)

But the gym could be good (once pain has gone) Punch bag is another option.

I find it so hard to calm down, its daft! I swear i just cant do it!

OH FUCK OFF!!!!!

This might be stating the (bleeding?) obvious, but is there anything that doesn't wind you up or piss you off? I know you said it was hard, and just thinking of something might be stressful enough, but you might want to start there.

Yeah, im just abit of a stress head to be honest. I go for a drive and get road rage, I watch tele and hate adverts, xbox get wound up.

But your right maybe i need to start thinking about what doesnt piss me off instead of what does.

Different way of looking at it, i like it. Thanks :)

Thanks guys.

I've found the best way to deal with anger is to put it in the box. When something or someone even a random thought pisses you off, don't think about it. Don't forget it, just put that bit of anger into a box. I know it sounds spazzy, but you will soon start to enjoy saving those bits of annoyance. The more you save- the more laid back you will be. Then one day, and that day will surely come, when you need it, you will have a big fuck off box full of festering rage, anger and hatred to unleash on the fuckers entirely for your own self defence.

Derek Bird told me that. Works with voices too.

Stomach ulcers aren't actually caused by stress.This little bugger causes them...Helicobacter pylori - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are easily treated by a short course of antibiotics.

That said,stress will lower your natural immune response which certainly doesn't help matters,so your doctor's advice is good.

The advice to exercise is also very good to deal with stress and/or depression.In my experience exercise works at least as well as medication,has no side effects and costs nothing.Even walking part of the way to and from work can make a difference.My preferred method is cycling,and I'm usually too busy dodging cars/pedestrians/other cyclists to have time to think about any problems.

With regard to passing blood...don't ever,ever fuck around with this.Get yourself to a doctor without delay and get it checked out immediately. It may just be piles or a urinary tract infection,or it may be bladder or bowel cancer.These are unusual in young(ish) people,but they can occur.

The slight loss of dignity when telling your doctor and getting tested for this are fuckall compared to having chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy and surgery. You can trust me on this...I shat blood about 2 months ago and am now having treatment for bowel cancer.The treatment doesn't bother me and my prospects for survival are better than 50/50,but my family have taken it hard. They're coming around though and if worst comes to worst I'll have plenty of time to prepare them.

The cost of this consultation will be fifty punds thank you.If you don't have a credit card please leave the deeds to your house with the receptionist.

Maybe I have super spunk...

... or AIDS.

Deffo advanced knob-rot.Better amputate to stop it spreading.If it gets to your balls they will drop off and splatter all over your shoes,and nobody likes cleaning their shoes.