You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Agger & Johnson Out : The Offal

Anubis

Roy Hodgson has revealed that both Glen Johnson and Daniel Agger have been ruled out of Liverpool's Europa League clash with Napoli on Thursday evening.

The defensive duo missed the Merseyside derby defeat at the weekend through injury and the boss admitted they will not be on the plane to Italy.

Hodgson told Liverpoolfc.tv: "After being injured, Agger is now sick, so he has ruled himself out.

"Dirk Kuyt has a wicked ankle injury. Everyone tells me it looks worse than it really is and I certainly hope that is the case because it does not look good. It is still very badly swollen.

"Christian Poulsen has recovered and is okay.

"Glen Johnson is still out injured but I saw he is running today and I would hope he would be back in training when we return on Friday. So he's not ruled out for Sunday - but is for Thursday."

Hodgson also confirmed that he will shuffle his pack for the trip to Naples ahead of Sunday's crunch Barclays Premier League clash with Blackburn.

He added: "I'll leave some players out that's for sure. Some of the more important senior players won't travel because their participation on Sunday is going to be so important to us.

"It's not just a question of playing three matches in a week it's also a question of injury. I don't think our squad is so strong that I can afford to risk them. But it'll still be a strong team we put out there and I think it's a chance for some players who have been on the fringes, like David Ngog and others like Ryan Babel who has had very few changes.

"It's yet another opportunity for these players to blast their way into the team and force me to look at them in a different light, to make sure they are players that are first on the list and not down the pecking order."

Interseting comments regarding Agger. I really hope Agger isn't pissing about because if he is then he's out of order and needs to remember that, whatever his disagreement with the manager's style of football, Hodgson is his manager and so has the final say in on the pitch matters. He plays for LFC, not Agger FC.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interseting comments regarding Agger. I really hope Agger isn't pissing about because if he is then he's out of order and needs to remember that, whatever his disagreement with the manager's style of football, Hodgson is his manager and so has the final say in on the pitch matters. He plays for LFC, not Agger FC.

Yeah but if your manager acts as childish and petulant as you do, then the outcome is inevitable. I can understand playground name calling from an immature, over-paid footballer who has probably lived his life in a bubble. But Hodgson is playing a shocker. He's said "Agger came across as a fool" in the original long ball interview. Now every time he see's a microphone, he's telling everyone he's a faker. He's cultivated the confrontational backdrop.

I don't get it. Just sell him and spare us the drama.

Its amazing how it works these days, a loud mouth calls your crap, your manager labels you a sick-note and all considerations of footballing ability are abandoned.

I'd like Agger to stay. I think he's a good footballer and waht we need to improve the team. But calling yourself in sick in a fit of petulance isn't a wise move when the manager is looking for reasons to put you on his transfer list.

I have a serious problem with Hodgson here. He is behaving very inappropriately in making it known what is going on with Agger. If Agger is not making himself available when he should be, then he should be dealt with and placed on the transfer market. But do not be informing the press of this kind of stuff. Sure as shit, Daniel Agger wont motivate himself to play for Roy while he exposes him like this. It galls me.

The manager is a cunt for going public with this shit.... I feel like punching his little peanutt head every time he comes out and degrades our players to the press... Fuck off Roy you have no clue at what your doing, resign and be done with it...

Agger, Torres, Babel, Shelvey, not to forget the B team against NH - Jesus