You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red Nick

Not worried about position. Look who we've played; Man U away (unlucky not to draw), Man City away (would have been different if Gerrards effort had gone in at 2-0), Arsenal home (fluke goal cost us the win) etc.

We've played 3 of the likely top 4 for this year. Man U? 2nd , but yet to play anyone higher than 9th in the league and 3 of the current bottom 4. Lies, damn lies and statistics.

For me the worrying thing is the style of play. We don't attack enough, nor commit enough people forward. Our defence is way too deep, the gap between defence and attack (ie Torres) far too great. We play not to lose and that'll get us nowhere.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we've played 32 games and still in the bottom 3, I might just panic about a relegation scrap then.

Until such time, all talk of "relegation scraps" is shite tbh.

If you're quite happy to be lying in 18th place after 6 games and producing performances that are well and truly dire, then you don't deserve to call yourself a Liverpool fan.

Oh for fuck sake, 32 games. If in 32 games we are still in the relegation zone panicing wont do us much good cause we'll be well and truly fucked.

We've played 6 league games. 3 of them against top 4 sides. The other three have seen us unbeaten and take 5 points from. They're the facts.

I know it ain't perfect, far from it, but still the talk about the Blackpool game is all hysterical. At home to the orange upstarts!! :wallbutt:

Guest TesticleOReilly

Why the doom and gloom? We scraped a win against the baggies, and got 2 noble draws against the Championship powerhouses that are Sunderland and Birmingham. You fuckers wanna have a bit more faith in the guy who won the Swedish league and cup double 24 years ago. Scrotums.

Fuckin depressing shit,but it feels bigger at least kenny would of give us that seige mentality,we would of stuck it out with him,why! because he is one of us,fuckin neg me all you want but this roy fella fuck me he is shit,if we need to survive from all this crap for once in our history we need to change in everything we believe in and get Kenny in until the club is sold,but it wont happen and rome will burn.

Having played 6 and only won 1 isn't necessarily the most terrible thing that could have happened, but it's the nature of the performances and the negative, defeatist tone of the manager in interviews which is most worrying. If we'd seen a single, solitary reason for optimism on the pitch then I don't think that people would be so worried and/or pissed off. The worst thing is that I can't think of a single thing that I could point to as an example of why things might improve. Performances haven't improved, we haven't started playing any better football, we haven't starting attacking teams, substiutions haven't come any earlier or been any more positive, his interviews are still either embarrassing or infuriating, and none of the players he's signed (with the possible exception of Cole, who I don't really regard as a Roy signing anyway) have looked like improving us.

I don't really know myself to be honest. It was just something that was banded around in the press. I only said it tongue-in-cheek.

I honestly wasn't having a go

I do wonder what it's supposed to mean though

Does it mean he can make us a steady midtable team while telling Sky Sports what they want to hear

Why the doom and gloom? We scraped a win against the baggies, and got 2 noble draws against the Championship powerhouses that are Sunderland and Birmingham. You fuckers wanna have a bit more faith in the guy who won the Swedish league and cup double 24 years ago. Scrotums.

LoL

Its got to make you cry

The real question if this isnt a problem when does it become a problem

LoL

Its got to make you cry

The real question if this isnt a problem when does it become a problem

If we don't win tomorrow it becomes a big problem, and if we lose to the shite then there will probably be no way back for him.

ROY IN DESPAIR | News Of The World

Any truth in this then he is a goner, we dont need six players, the front 6 are good enough if you include Johson, so maybe a new back 4 of whcih he has only bought one.

So thats 3 players max on the basis you get rid of aggger, skrtel and carra

And if he plays Mierles RM tomorrow then he should be shot

ROY IN DESPAIR | News Of The World

Any truth in this then he is a goner, we dont need six players, the front 6 are good enough if you include Johson, so maybe a new back 4 of whcih he has only bought one.

So thats 3 players max on the basis you get rid of aggger, skrtel and carra

You were convincing me before that post. All good work now undone in my eyes.

Why the doom and gloom? We scraped a win against the baggies, and got 2 noble draws against the Championship powerhouses that are Sunderland and Birmingham. You fuckers wanna have a bit more faith in the guy who won the Swedish league and cup double 24 years ago.

And herein lies the very reason why some of us love this site so much.

Layer upon layer of irony.

Agree? You look a fool. Disagree? You look a fool. Welcome to TLW.

'Look upon my works ye mighty and despair.' God, (or Ozymindias at least).

Shelley, this place? What's the difference? No wonder so many journalists rip us off.

I honestly wasn't having a go

I do wonder what it's supposed to mean though

Does it mean he can make us a steady midtable team while telling Sky Sports what they want to hear

I know you wasn't. I wonder the same thing.

Maybe a term to justify this shit football being churned out and to lower all our expectations from a potential top four finish to a top twelve finish???

Richard Keys probably has a hard-on already over that prospect.

There's a old saying in life and not a truer one.

Be careful what you wish for.

There's no man on this planet that could convince me the Roy's a better manager than Rafa.

But all the mugs loaded on to Purslow's spin and this is what happens when money men who haven't a FUCKIN clue about the game start to pick Managers.

Once again,thanks Christian.

There's a old saying in life and not a truer one.

Be careful what you wish for.

There's no man on this planet that could convince me the Roy's a better manager than Rafa.

But all the mugs loaded on to Purslow's spin and this is what happens when money men who haven't a FUCKIN clue about the game start to pick Managers.

Once again,thanks Christian.

Rafa had to go but your totally right about cunty purselow

If you're quite happy to be lying in 18th place after 6 games and producing performances that are well and truly dire.

And if you spot somewhere where I said I was "happy" with 18th, you should be awarded a medal.

As it is, a win tomorrow by any score will send us into the top half and within 2 points of Spurs. But that won't stop the endless moaning.