You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Target all banks!

Guest simon

Ladies and Gentleman, there were stories earlier in the year which stated that Barcap had offered the owners a potential £300m refinancing package.

More recently, Chris Bascombe exclusively revealed that the owners have been seeking refinancing since June.

Tony Barrett of the Times has subsequently revealed that "The Times also understands that Huang was appalled by suggestions in banking circles that Barclays Capital, the investment bank brokering the deal, was contemplating becoming lead bankers in a new consortium involving Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, Liverpool’s present co-owners."

With the Huang takeover bid withdrawn and no other investors on the horizon, rather than targetting Broughton for criticism should we as fans not be targetting Barcap?

The prospect of Barcap potentially offering refinancing to Gillett and Hicks in October is catastrophic

I think it is time that we as Liverpool fans came together one more time to get the message across to ALL banks - NO REFINANCING FOR HICKS & GILLETT

Please could someone draft an email that we can ALL send

Good idea Simon.

I recall there being stories about Barcap offering £300m refinancing back in April.

Graham Smith of SOS said this morning that the union would be looking into claims that the owners have been seeking refinancing elsewhere.

We can't afford to stand still and need to continue to put pressure on the banks.

Is it possible the Times were wrong and there are other bidders out there.

The owners are bound to look for refinance elsewhere as there not going to let October come along and not cover all the potential scenarios.

Whether they get refinance elsewhere is a totally different matter.

The sale process completes in October, not August like some would have you think so until then for me its a wait and see.

Some contact details for you Simon from previous exchanges with Barcap: -

Jon Laycock

> Barclays Capital

Corporate Communications

Tel: + 44 207 773 4324

jon.laycock@barcap.com

Ben.Findlay@barcap.com

Ben Findlay 020 3134 8489

Marc.Thwaite@barcap.com

Marc Thwaite on 020 3134 8468

BARX Client Services Group

Fixed Income: +44 207 773 9671

barxcsgfi@barcap.com

BARX Fixed Income Sales

Main: +44 207 773 0232

barxfisaleseurope@barcap.com

BARX Money Markets Sales

Noel Cochrane +44 207 773 1993

noel.cochrane@barcap.com

Douglas.adams1@barclays.com

0207 116 3567 or 0207 116 4055

- Customer Service Team (Chloe 0845 366 9019/Shyama 0845 366 9124)

- Business Master Helpdesk 0845 605 2300

- Business Internet Banking helpdesk 0845 600 8818

- BACS helpdesk 0845 605 2444

- Company Barclaycard 0870 154 0124

BARX Futures USA #212 412 3650

For Futures product contact George Austin +44 (0)20 777 39490

mike.saul@barclayscorporate.com

PA Kirn Kalyan

on 0207 116 6843

david.wood@barclayscapital.com;

marek.robertson@barclayscapital.com;

ets.eu@barclayscapital.com;

andrew.challis@barclayscapital.com;

george.austin@barclayscapital.com;

marina.pujos@barclayscapital.com;

george.karvounis@barclayscapital.com;

stuart.urquhart@barclayscapital.com;

tony.ansell@barclayscapital.com

alistair.duff@barclayscapital.com;

liana.seah@barclayscapital.com;

hiromasa.hayashi@barclayscapital.com;

wendy.hapgood@barclayscapital.com;

james.mahn@barclayscapital.com;

brian.bailey@barclayscapital.com;

tadashi.tago@barclayscapital.com;

jonathan.fischer@barclayscapital.com;

yasmin.ghale@barclayscapital.com;

john.quattrocchi@barclayscapital.com;

max.stuedlein@barclayscapital.com;

barcaplive@barclayscapital.com;

eelke.tuininga@barclayscapital.com;

kimberly.henneforth@barclayscapital.com

index-sg@barcap.com

mct@barclays.com

chris.lee@barclayscorporate.com;

Rahul.Sharma@barclayscapital.com

Daniel.Cao@barclayscapital.com

kirn.kalyan@barclays.com

Is it possible the Times were wrong and there are other bidders out there.

The owners are bound to look for refinance elsewhere as there not going to let October come along and not cover all the potential scenarios.

Whether they get refinance elsewhere is a totally different matter.

The sale process completes in October, not August like some would have you think so until then for me its a wait and see.

I don't think we can afford to mate.

Can I remind people that Lehman Bros is now part of Barcap and they have close links to Tom Hicks.

Lehman Bros and Hicks once teamed up to purchase Dr Pepper

There is no harm in people sending an email, It won't cost anything.

If someone can write us a draft email it will just be a simple copy and paste job

We can't afford to sit and wait.

We have been doing that for 3 years.

The prospect of the Yanks getting refinancing would be a disaster.

I honestly believe that a conclusion to this saga which sees Hicks and Gillett keeping the club in a new long term arrangement would mobilise fans in to taking the protest up to levels never before seen. Boycotts, pitch invasions and walk outs would become realistic possibilities.

Good idea Si, count me in on anything that gets going.

For your information I boycott the match and I am not working at the moment. Not that it's any of your fucking business.

So you're boycotting because you're skint? Ok! Fair enough mate if you'd rather post in here when we're playing than going down the ground and supporting the team then thats up to you I suppose!

So you're boycotting because you're skint? Ok! Fair enough mate if you'd rather post in here when we're playing than going down the ground and supporting the team then thats up to you I suppose!

I'm not skint, I am signed off work for medical reasons at the moment, and I have been boycotting the match since the owners put debt on the club as I do not want to contribute to it's destruction.

Now stop stalking me just because I negged you, you little fanny.

I'm not skint, I am signed off work for medical reasons at the moment, and I have been boycotting the match since the owners put debt on the club as I do not want to contribute to it's destruction.

Now stop stalking me just because I negged you, you little fanny.

I hadn't even noticed you'd negged me, im not even sure how it works and couldn't give a fuck really? (seems you do take this place to serious)

To be fair mate its you who came in this thread and had a dig at me and same in the other thread so im a bit of a rubbish stalker! I hear that boycoting the match line because of the yanks a lot, mostly by people who never wen't in the 1st place its became a bit of a convenient excuse!

There are enough moaning neggative bastards at the match these days anyway and I seen enough of that from you last season so maybe being on here's the best place for you! Go ahead 'Neg' away!