You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Michael Owen

hunts_kopite

Guest TesticleOReilly
sad boring cunt

Never have 3 words oozed with more hypocrisy or irony. Have you considered changing your name to Nantwich Code, you tedious fuck-knuckle?

Why the mock outrage for Newcastle all of a sudden as another stick to beat Owen with? Who gives a fuck what he says about those deluded whoppers? What he says about them is of no relevance to us at all. Far from defending some of his actions regarding Liverpool the past few years a fake defending Geordie honour is a new one on me.

I used to quite like the Geordies up until about 98. It was as though they appreciated being back in the top flight again after years in the wilderness but now they think they have divine right to win things because of a couple of title challenges back in the mid 90s.

I used to quite like the Geordies up until about 98. It was as though they appreciated being back in the top flight again after years in the wilderness but now they think they have divine right to win things because of a couple of title challenges back in the mid 90s.

When they sacked Kenny one of them rang 5 Live to say "He had to go. We are used to success up here".

now they think they have divine right to win things because of a couple of title challenges back in the mid 90s.

Rubbish IMO, people make that stuff up, I doubt any Newcastle fans actually think they have a right to win anything.

It's even worse than the myth that Liverpool fans say "next year is our year" at the end of every season.

What Owen hinted about Newcastle was out of order and classless. I'm not defending Newcastle as I couldn't give a fuck about them, but it doesn't take away from the fact that it was a shite and unprofessional thing to come out with.

I don't get why Owen is on twitter. Has his Commercial people told him to? All he gets is people reminding him that he has done nothing of note since the league cup final 8 years ago, and that his recent medal was more undeserved then a Josemi Champions League medal. It must be depressing for him reading people just mocking him for not even been a bit player, but a piece of furniture.

I can't see the draw for him as he certainly won't be receiving any love from his current teams fans. The teams fans before that hate him. The team before that aren't even aware he played for them, and the ones before that think he is a snidey deceitful cunt.

All in all, not exactly a great legacy to leave behind.

@bradfozzer piss off what have u lot won in the last 5 years??? That's why I left couldn't stand the glory supporting fans anymore!!!!

@pope_tom piss off I earn more a week than u do in ten years medal or not. And I just sit on a bench!!!!

@pope_tom it is warm but I'd still sit on it if it was cold the money I'm on

@HackyPeterlee yeah one arrogant bastard. Considerably richer than u tho

Classy stuff , wonder why he bothers with twitter . Wont be too long till he implodes .

It's even worse than the myth that Liverpool fans say "next year is our year" at the end of every season.

Christ, I've been buying into that for 20 years, it is isn't it?

The trouble with Owens recent comments are that they pretty much confirm what everyone suspected about the self-serving little.....

It was a silly deal for Newcastle to get into in the first place but they're hardly alone in that.

Point being that as a Newcastle fan it's hardly unreasonable to expect a guy on a £133k a week plus signing on fee to pull his finger out and make a bit of effort. Their fans formed the opinion that Owen couldn't be arsed, was more concerned about his horses than making an effort and pretty much held them in contempt.

He did.

I find this obsession with Owen a bit sad, it reminds me of something in blue.

laugh.jpg

Stop it, you're killing me! Next thing you'll be accusing someone of being arrogant, tedious, or repetitive. Or maybe telling someone to get over a former player. Perhaps telling Ant that he's obsessed with slagging off Rafa?

Let's face it! We don't like him because not only is he a Manc but he makes the most sickeningly ingratiating statements about why he wants to stay a Manc! Both he and we have lost sight of the reality of Michael Owen - he is a "has been" prematurely, the result of his own lack of intelligence and common sense. He follows the advice of his handlers and his Dad and it's all about maximum return - money not medals. Pity that age is not bringing maturity in MO's situation. But then he has Giggs to look up to!

To be fair to Owen I don't think anybody could have made it more clear at the time that he didn't want to be there even on his signing for Newcastle. He would have came back here in a heartbeat if Newcastle hadn't blown us out of the water with their bid. We rightly wouldn't have paid 17m after selling him for 8m a year previous. It would have been financial madness if we had.

To be fair to Owen I don't think anybody could have made it more clear at the time that he didn't want to be there even on his signing for Newcastle. He would have came back here in a heartbeat if Newcastle hadn't blown us out of the water with their bid. We rightly wouldn't have paid 17m after selling him for 8m a year previous. It would have been financial madness if we had.

He could have held out and said he wasnt going to them. Like Baros did with the choice between Lyon or Villa.