You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

Have you read all of his posts in that thread? Talks utter bollocks himself. A few hours ago he said 'it looks like it's going down' as in it is going ahead. But he doesn't want Huang and has stated that clearly.

Dont get me wrong Dave - I dont believe him, more just desperation on my part. We 'seem' to be so close, anything written to the contrary scares the shit out of me!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takeover to make Liverpool wealthiest club in the world

ESPN Soccernet staff

August 3, 2010

Liverpool stand to become the most powerful club in world football if the takeover deal with a Far East Sovereign Wealth fund is completed.

The deal currently being negotiated by Kenny Huang, and his Far East partner has already laid the blueprint to make Liverpool the wealthiest club on the planet.

A Soccernet source has been given an insight into the ambitious plans to launch Liverpool in China, with internet, sponsorship, and promotions aimed to push Liverpool beyond the means of even the richest clubs.

The source describes the plans as taking Liverpool to a scale as yet unseen in English football by tapping into the Chinese markets.

As the Far East group aim to wrest control from American owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks, the source believes US companies from Walmart to Apple could seek to work with Liverpool to make enormous inroads within the Chinese markets. That would eventually enable Liverpool to compete to buy the world's best players in every position.

While it has been suggested that there are alternatives bidders, Hicks and Gillett would like the banks and the Anfield board to push up the price to include cash for the two shareholders, but the hedge fund backing this bid is in no mood to be stampeded into paying more for control.

The Far East Sovereign Wealth fund knows it is offering Liverpool their greatest opportunity to compete on a world stage with the financial big hitters, a chance that might not materialise again.

The new investors from the Far East believe that the shares are not worth more than the debt, and are therefore worthless, and they have no intention of paying Gillett and Hicks the premium price they have been demanding.

The Americans valued Liverpool at £800 million, but have since dropped their valuation to £600 million. The offer on the table, though, is to cover the debts of £350m, notably paying off the Royal Bank of Scotland's near-£240 million debt.

That is where Hicks and Gillett's Achilles heel lies, and the RBS is keen for this deal to proceed.

Takeover to make Liverpool wealthiest club in the world | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

I love that article. I dont care for the best players in the world in every position, I care about having the right players in right positions and right now we already have several of those. Add three first teamers and we are there.

The idea of LFC working with Apple is quite intriguing too.

ESPN Soccernet staff

August 3, 2010

Liverpool stand to become the most powerful club in world football if the takeover deal with a Far East Sovereign Wealth fund is completed......

etc, etc, etc, yadda yadda yadda, blah de blah, money and stuff.

Takeover to make Liverpool wealthiest club in the world | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

It all seem a little to good to be true though doesn't it? Hoping though.

Guest davelfc
It all seem a little to good to be true though doesn't it? Hoping though.

We will need new songs to wind up citeh,

"we'll buy you five times, we'll buy you five tiiiiiiiimes"

But let's see what happens, it does sound far too good to be true. Hence I fear it will not happen.

Alright mate, if the whole reputation thing is silly to you why let it bother you so much? Let it roll.

Also after looking at the rumour thread your post is nothing to gloat over like I told you so, the only thing correct about it is the nationality of one bidder...

The bidder, and the date is not far off and I didn't hear much mention of China during the Arab love in.

Wasn't gloating over the post, merely the fact nuggets on here are quick to "neg" for no reason. My main gripe is giving people who are fucktards the "power" to judge you, but that goes to a wider spectrum than this forum which is why I actually come across as wound up.

I can honestly say in the grand scheme of things a few red boxes next to my name arn't my top concern.

Anyone know if Huang dabbles in a bit of disc jockeying?

Huang the DJ Huang the DJ Huang the DJ....

As for Hamstrung, frow up and stop hiding behind your reputation button you absolute fuckwitt.

"I'd neg you if I could" would you really? I'd fuckin slap you for using the word neg in a serious sentence if I could...

Young (and I use the word in the loosest possible sense) Hamstrung is getting pelted by the newbies on here recently. I bet he's devo'd.

I know Ngog took the piss earlier but its done, has been on for a week and now its sorted.

He's bought us.

You can't just say that you bastard....

You have to qualify it in some way.

.....Well you don't, but please in the name of all that is red do.

I would like to know who the other bidders are. I really, really want C&A out, but the new ones have to be an improvement, rather than shit with a different odour. This is the time for us to get new, decent owners, and it is very exciting to think that we may well be rid of the parasites, but we need to make sure that the replacements represent an improvement. We were very easily won over by the yanks. So far, nothing has happened apart from a lot of talk.

We don't know for definite who is backing Huang, until we do, it is impossible to pass judgement. I don't believe there are 5 other bids, but even if there is just one other and even if that one doesn't offer fantasy signings and a promise of a new stadium, it doesn't mean we should just believe all the soundbites being sent our way.

This is incredibly exciting, but we need to remain focussed. If we get the wrong ones in now, it is going to be a very steep hill to climb.

I'd like to think we have the luxury of choosing between two or more potential new owners but I really don't think that's the case.

If there was even just one more serious bidder, why would Gillete have had to wheel out his little pauper (relatively speaking) friend from Syria to stall Huang's negotiations? Surely there would have been no need to invent interest if there was another genuine offer on the table?

ESPN Soccernet staff

August 3, 2010

Liverpool stand to become the most powerful club in world football if the takeover deal with a Far East Sovereign Wealth fund is completed.

The deal currently being negotiated by Kenny Huang, and his Far East partner has already laid the blueprint to make Liverpool the wealthiest club on the planet.

A Soccernet source has been given an insight into the ambitious plans to launch Liverpool in China, with internet, sponsorship, and promotions aimed to push Liverpool beyond the means of even the richest clubs.

The source describes the plans as taking Liverpool to a scale as yet unseen in English football by tapping into the Chinese markets.

As the Far East group aim to wrest control from American owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks, the source believes US companies from Walmart to Apple could seek to work with Liverpool to make enormous inroads within the Chinese markets. That would eventually enable Liverpool to compete to buy the world's best players in every position.

While it has been suggested that there are alternatives bidders, Hicks and Gillett would like the banks and the Anfield board to push up the price to include cash for the two shareholders, but the hedge fund backing this bid is in no mood to be stampeded into paying more for control.

The Far East Sovereign Wealth fund knows it is offering Liverpool their greatest opportunity to compete on a world stage with the financial big hitters, a chance that might not materialise again.

The new investors from the Far East believe that the shares are not worth more than the debt, and are therefore worthless, and they have no intention of paying Gillett and Hicks the premium price they have been demanding.

The Americans valued Liverpool at £800 million, but have since dropped their valuation to £600 million. The offer on the table, though, is to cover the debts of £350m, notably paying off the Royal Bank of Scotland's near-£240 million debt.

That is where Hicks and Gillett's Achilles heel lies, and the RBS is keen for this deal to proceed.

Anyone else get a bit of wood when reading that?

I'd like to think we have the luxury of choosing between two or more potential new owners but I really don't think that's the case.

If there was even just one more serious bidder, why would Gillete have had to wheel out his little pauper (relatively speaking) friend from Syria to stall Huang's negotiations? Surely there would have been no need to invent interest if there was another genuine offer on the table?

I was going more off what Broughton said.

Guest davelfc
Anyone else get a bit of wood when reading that?

I had to print it out and sneak off upstairs for a while. I might laminate it if this comes off.

latest from our Bamba friend over on RAWK:

Yes, Premier League has been informed but, much as we all want to crack open the Pomagne that's standard - not unlike commissioning a surveyor to give a house you fancy buying the once over. What this does indicate though is that, at whatever pace, this is moving forwards.

On other bids - Rhone has re-emerged with the backing of Tom Hicks. Almost certainly a diversionary/stalling tactic but let's see.

Overall view? As The Undertones said - and in my own humble opinion - it's gonna happen.

Huang's Gang. It's on.