You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting up stuff from the interview, mate. Can you just clarify what you mean in the part I quoted.

Exactly right. He's backtracking like a bugger now. Still, who knows what he did or didn't know.

For Purslow and Ayre, G&H against, the deciding vote is MB, that is what Evans reckons anyway Numero.

Guest ShoePiss
Am I right in assuming this is the first time under the cunts that we have alerted the Premier League to the possibilty of a change of ownership?

Surely that in itself is enough reason to get more optimistic.

Until we know more I am going to be happy and to illustrate this I will be including this photo at the bottom of my posts.

fonzie.jpg

Must admit the optimism is contagious but I'm trying to keep it in check.

I believe one of my firsts posts about Chinese investment by the end of July (not far off) was negged because the "source" was a taxi driver despite the fact I put it in the happy rumour thread. Seems that for all your concrete rumours that weren't negged (can't remember who it was) for whatever it's worth I was better informed (or luckier) than you were you arrogant bellwhiff.

Imagine it Huang takes over and makes the money available.

We sell Mercenaro and get in Flamini for less than half the price using the same transfer to get Gyan to play next to Torres. My god it would be beautiful.

Must admit the optimism is contagious but I'm trying to keep it in check.

I can't be arsed anymore. I've had enough of being depressed about the state of the club. It looks as though things are happening and, for once, I will allow myself to get caught up in it.

fonzie.jpg

If this turns out to be true and the two shitburgers walk away from the club with fuck all I will run outside screaming and shag the next Chinese person I see on the street.

It could well be a hairy Chinese kid. It definitely won't be a Chinese homeless fella, and they don't age well.

I can't be arsed anymore. I've had enough of being depressed about the state of the club. It looks as though things are happening and, for once, I will allow myself to get caught up in it.

Yay! Any Flamini/Gyan talk might dampen my spirits though.

Hang on......

Guest ShoePiss
I believe one of my firsts posts about Chinese investment by the end of July (not far off) was negged because the "source" was a taxi driver despite the fact I put it in the happy rumour thread. Seems that for all your concrete rumours that weren't negged (can't remember who it was) for whatever it's worth I was better informed (or luckier) than you were you arrogant bellwhiff.

We sell Mercenaro and get in Flamini for less than half the price using the same transfer to get Gyan to play next to Torres. My god it would be beautiful.

I don't remember your post but it seems that you were really upset that someone negged you for a taxi driver rumour. I'd get used to that if I were you.

Guest davelfc

The two things that convince me is that they used the words 'imminent' and 'Tuesday.'

A takeover of Liverpool FC appears increasingly imminent after the club and a number of interested parties alerted the Premier League to a possible change in ownership.

Under tougher new rules on club ownership announced by the Premier League on Tuesday night in response to Portsmouth’s financial meltdown, all prospective owners are obliged to give the league 10 days’ notice of a takeover and prove they have the funds to sustain the club.

It's a sign I tells ya.

With all due respect, why the fucking cock would you spend money on Flamini and Gyan if you've got unlimited wealth?

We'd need to be looking at the likes of Cambiasso, Diarra or even dare I say it Essien.

And countless other strikers in front of Gyan, you know, World class strikers? Not shite we'd be signing under the Yanks.

Think i will pass on that.....

With all due respect, why the fucking cock would you spend money on Flamini and Gyan if you've got unlimited wealth?

We'd need to be looking at the likes of Cambiasso, Diarra or even dare I say it Essien.

And countless other strikers in front of Gyan, you know, World class strikers? Not shite we'd be signing under the Yanks.

To be fair he said money available rather than unlimited funds but do sorta agree with your point regarding targets.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
For Purslow and Ayre, G&H against, the deciding vote is MB, that is what Evans reckons anyway Numero.

Ah, thanks mate. Purslow and Ayre are voting to accept the bid, G+H are going to vote against it, and Martin Broughton has the riding vote.

As far as the board being able to sell the club without the consent of the two owners, I'm not actually sure of the legal standing in this case. Anybody heard anything about this today?

Am I right in assuming this is the first time under the cunts that we have alerted the Premier League to the possibilty of a change of ownership?

Surely that in itself is enough reason to get more optimistic.

Until we know more I am going to be happy and to illustrate this I will be including this photo at the bottom of my posts.

fonzie.jpg

Maybe...

But you have to remember the ten day notification is a new rule after the Portsmouth madness last season where they changed owners several times after those taking over did not have the resources.

Why call him cuntface if he's helping to get rid of Cancer & Aids?

Because he is. He's done fuck all to make this happen, and voting yes for both him and Ayres as Liverpool fans, is the bare minimum. At the moment, only his meetings are being disrupted, but voting with the yanks against a takeover would quite possibly put him in harms way.

Hitler helped minimise German homelessness and the catholic church runs childrens clubs.

Bingo, let's get Chelsea's best player to agitate for a move to a bigger club. Show those cunts our perch is being fucking repaired.

Guest ShoePiss
Ah, thanks mate. Purslow and Ayre are voting to accept the bid, G+H are going to vote against it, and Martin Broughton has the riding vote.

As far as the board being able to sell the club without the consent of the two owners, I'm not actually sure of the legal standing in this case. Anybody heard anything about this today?

What can stop the twats simply firing them if they don't go with their vote? Wrongful dismissal yeah but could they possibly take that on the chin and stay put?

Ayres and Purslow voting for offer G& H not Broughton casting vote.

It doesnt surprise me that G&H voted against. I dont like the fact that Broughton has the casting vote as him being a chelsea fan might decide it would damage chelsea fc's fortunes.

I am SO fucking nervous about this. :wallbutt::wallbutt::telloff:

Broughton was brought here to sell the club, he has a reputation to keep up and I've seen it written somewhere else that Willie Walsh at BA wants him back ASAP.

If his casting vote accepted a Huang deal he'd be completing his objectives, a sale to the (seemingly) best candidate and just 4 months since his appointment in April. A quick and (seemingly) good sale for the club.

Also, I'm going to say it, I may be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but I reckon this particular Huang deal has been in the offing for a long time, look at Broughton's quotes from Hodgson's first interview regarding the sale of the club:

We have not put any reserve price on it. It's an auction. At the end of the day, it won't just be the best price, it will be the best buyer, which is a combination of price, intentions, financing structure and the rest.

It won't just be the best price sticks out for me in particular, especially when you consider the things that are being reported now about Huang's interest, this is in particular:

Sources have confirmed this morning that the Chinese businessman Kenneth Huang has offered to buy Liverpool's £237m debt from the Royal Bank of Scotland in an attempt to end Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr's control of the Premier League club.

That's not the best deal for the Yanks in the sense that Huang is seemingly just buying the debt, they're not getting a profit but it's the best deal for the club.

I actually think Broughton could be telling the truth when he says he's looking for the best deal for the club, why would he be lying? He's not in bed with Hicks and Gillette, he's a neutral party so to speak and has a business career spanning 40 years and reputation to keep. He's not going to fuck that up just to do a favour for the Yanks and certainly not because of the team he supports.

It's all about the money.

Hopefully the takeover deal goes through and we can go back to being the best fans in the world, supporting our manager, supporting our players and finally, supporting our owners.

Go on Kenny!