You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did read on liverpool.no that liverpool have contacted the Premier league about a change of ownership coming up... Premierleague needs a 10 days warning before they let the club change hands.

Guess its the FA that needs to get the warning.

Did read on liverpool.no that liverpool have contacted the Premier league about a change of ownership coming up... Premierleague needs a 10 days warning before they let the club change hands.

Guess its the FA that needs to get the warning.

Daily Post North Wales - Sport News - Liverpool FC - Liverpool FC takeover imminent as potential buyers alert Premier League

Posted on The Irish Times a few minutes ago:

Liverpool takeover appears imminent - The Irish Times - Tue, Aug 03, 2010

Liverpool takeover appears imminent

Soccer: A Liverpool takeover appears imminent after the club and a number of interested parties alerted the Premier League to a possible change in ownership.

Under tougher new rules on club ownership announced by the Premier League in response to Portsmouth's financial meltdown, all prospective owners are obliged to give the league 10 days' notice of a takeover and prove they have the funds to sustain the club.

It is understood Liverpool and a number of parties contemplating a takeover - including Chinese businessman Kenny Huang - have already contacted the Premier League to alert them a change of ownership could be imminent.

Under the rules, the Premier League will have to be given 10 days' notice of any takeover, and the prospective owners will be required to have a face-to-face meeting with league chiefs to convince them they have enough money for the season to come.

Other rule changes will see clubs having to provide evidence every quarter that they are up to date with tax payments to Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs - and they will give permission for HMRC to give details on any non-payment directly to the league.

The former 'fit and proper persons test' has been renamed as the 'owners and directors test' and toughened up. Now anyone barred from other sporting organisations or competitions will not be allowed to be a club director.

The strengthening of the regulations is an attempt to reduce the risk of another crisis similar to that suffered by Portsmouth, who went into administration last season and were subsequently relegated.

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore said: "We believe we have the measures now in place, the early warning system, that will reduce the risk of having a repeat of the Portsmouth situation.

"The objective of the Premier League is to reduce risk and try to prevent the worst happening but we can't eliminate risk entirely as that would involve us interfering as shadow directors in the running of clubs.

"There was reputational damage with the situation we had with Portsmouth. Clubs get tired of football being called a financial basket case.

"There was an element of gross mismanagement (with Portsmouth) and people have understood it was the exception rather than the rule."

Scudamore believes the league could have intervened in Portsmouth's finances in January 2009 rather than September if the new rules had been in force then, and stopped the club running up such debts with the taxman.

He added: "The HMRC debt would not have run up and we would have probably been able to prevent some of the worst."

Scudamore said he believed the new rules on future financial information would have prevented Ali Al Faraj from taking over Portsmouth in October last year, though not Alexandre Gaydamak from doing so in 2006.

Spoke to someone close to Steve Rotheram its 'a done deal'

I've heard this also, free prawn crackers if you spend over a tenner and a free bottle of Coke if you spend over 15.

Minimum order 8 quid.

Done deal. Imminent. Get the plates out.

Evans On talk sport.

Sounds Pissed!

Most serious bid since G&H

War not over yet G&H slippery

Good poker players No other viable offer on table

Torres:

Any danger?

Evans: Been promised investment, was considering future seems he knows more than me!

He wanted investment and him staying might mean its more advanced

Broughton put in a position with an impeccable reputation. repeated board members

Ayres and Purslow voting for offer G& H not Broughton casting vote.

The bidders want the club before season starts, have big ambitions,,

Question.. Selling our heritage ie English club to foreign owners?

Evans Would love to be locally owned, not going to happen, Huang backed by sovereign wealth and we will survive!

Q Mach

Will be sorted before start of season, nothing to do with RAFA or ownership. Wife didnt like it. Potential new owners apparently approached him. no difference

Q Crouch?

If it stays as is no surprise, if new owners in a much shorter signing!

Evans: On TShite.

“I can only assume that Fernando Torres knows more about this takeover than me. For Fernando Torres to make such a turnaround compared to where he was only a week or so ago suggests to me that things are far more advanced that first thought.”

“The Chinese have big ambitions & big plans.

Or you just knew and still know fuck all.

___

Question.. Selling our heritage ie English club to foreign owners?

Whoever asked that question is a fucking idiot, we did that 3 years ago!!

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Ayres and Purslow voting for offer G& H not Broughton casting vote.

Thanks for posting up stuff from the interview, mate. Can you just clarify what you mean in the part I quoted.

Exactly right. He's backtracking like a bugger now. Still, who knows what he did or didn't know.

Thanks for posting up stuff from the interview, mate. Can you just clarify what you mean in the part I quoted.

Exactly right. He's backtracking like a bugger now. Still, who knows what he did or didn't know.

I heard the interview too, mate. He basically meant that the board vote on selling the club would be two votes for (Cuntface/Ayres), two votes against (H&G), which would leave the rentboy with the casting vote.

Evans: On TShite.

“I can only assume that Fernando Torres knows more about this takeover than me. For Fernando Torres to make such a turnaround compared to where he was only a week or so ago suggests to me that things are far more advanced that first thought.”

“The Chinese have big ambitions & big plans.

Or things have changed. Us seemingly speaking the the Premier League about the fit and proper owners test makes me think things have moved on at a decent pace.

Am I right in assuming this is the first time under the cunts that we have alerted the Premier League to the possibilty of a change of ownership?

Surely that in itself is enough reason to get more optimistic.

Until we know more I am going to be happy and to illustrate this I will be including this photo at the bottom of my posts.

fonzie.jpg

Guest ShoePiss
Evans is so far out the loop it's scary. Didn't he feed Duncan Oldham info thinking he was legit?

(I may have assumed the person who wrote the article posted in the Oldham thread was Evans, all their online handles confuse me)

The about turn by Evans right out of the oldham cookbook.