You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shaun Wright-Phillips

cole7

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TesticleOReilly

2 problems here.

1 is the sentiments of a lot of people, he isn't that good. Runs around a lot then puts his cross behind the goal.

2 is we'd have to listen to Ian Wright banging on every day about how SWP isn't being used right, isn't playing enough, and Gerrard should be dropped to the bench to give his son a go.

2 problems here.

1 is the sentiments of a lot of people, he isn't that good. Runs around a lot then puts his cross behind the goal.

2 is we'd have to listen to Ian Wright banging on every day about how SWP isn't being used right, isn't playing enough, and Gerrard should be dropped to the bench to give his son a go.

Say What!!!!!!

IanWrightGET_468x659.jpg

Do we need another winger? We currently have Babel, Jovanovic, Cole, Maxi, Kuyt and (the departing) Riera. Surely that's enough cover.

Depends if Roy wants to keep Babel, Maxi and Kuyt I guess.

Donavan is a decent player but cant imagine city being after him. As for SWP, I reckon theres a few at city would serve us better, finances permitting. And yes Bradley looks like a player. Thats me cherry gone, hehe.

They are in for Donovan though.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Not where we should be spending our limited resources in my opinion. Maxi and Kuyt give solid options when backed up by Johnson. Can you imagine SWP linking with Magic? Scary.

I'd sooner spend out on a quality left back and left footed left winger (when Riera fucks off).

Not where we should be spending our limited resources in my opinion. Maxi and Kuyt give solid options when backed up by Johnson. Can you imagine SWP linking with Magic? Scary.

I'd sooner spend out on a quality left back and left footed left winger (when Riera fucks off).

Damn right

I like SWP (I know I am in the minority) - thought he was brilliant in his first spell at Man City, although that was a while ago.

Don't think he'll arrive though. If he does he'll give us a different option to Kuyt or Maxi, who both have various strengths but aren't quick and direct like SWP.

I kind of agree here, good points. At his first spell at Man city he was really good, however, I think his (unwise) move to Chelsea has not seen him develop to the player he could have been. Still young but frustrates the hell out of me, I have smashed enough household items in the last season for SWP to sign. As for number 7......

I agree we need to look for a more direct wide player, however, at this moment in time I am suffering from a mental block and can not think of many in our price range.

Kuyt, Maxi, Babel, Cole & even Gerrard is enough for the right hand side, and all a damn sight better then Wright-Phillips.

You would choose both Kuyt and Babel ahead of SWP as RW? Interesting.

SWP would be a terrific signing IMO.