You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

There seems to be some major panicking and knee-jerking going on at the moment because of player sales and I'm baffled by it.

So, we have sold Benayoun and Insua so far. Benayoun was an average player who used to run down blind allys and didn't have the intelligence to know when to pass or shoot. He always chose the wrong choice. £6.5 mil for him will do thanks.

Insua,yea, he was young, but he was also a fucking liability and shit at times. We're not in a position to hold on to youth players that could become good in the future, especially when a £5mil bid comes in for him.

We are also set to sell Riera. He had a good three or four months, then was completely shit. Will not be missed. Around £4.5 -5 mil thanks.

Kyrgiakos. He started off completely shit then settled down towards the end of the season. He done ok, but he's nothing special or worth crying about. £2.5 mil would be decent business.

As for the replacements, we've already signed Jovanovic, so thats Riera covered. Plus, can play as a striker. Joe Cole is pretty certain by the looks of things, so thats an upgrade on Benayoun. We've been linked to that Wilson from Rangers who is meant to be shit hot, so he will be replacing Kyrgiakos.

I am also sure we won't be starting the season with no left backs. Not to mention, we are heavily linked to that Loic Remy.

Basically, people need to calm the fuck down. We have the replacements lined up and we'll be bringing in new, and better squad players in the coming weeks. We finished 7th last season, so it was obvious some of the shit has to leave first. I'm not complaining about the shit that has been shipped out so far.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I mean, just because they did it in Czechoslovakia, doesn't mean that they will do the same thing in Poland does it?

Lets just sit around and see what happens without any scepticism or cynicism, because that has worked really well so far. And then, once we've sold 90m worth of players and recruited 35m worth of players, we can call the owners and the board 'damn rotters' and really look forward to the next Transfer Window.

And it seems that 'linking' is the new 'signing' by the looks of it. Some bored hack pulls a story out of his arse and you go all Corporal Jones on us.

You fucking mutant.

Good post mate, im getting fucking sick of all the doom and gloom at the minute (with regards to player sales. Obviously it's hard to look on the bright side reg. ownership).

One of the lads I know who is ALWAYS doom and gloom was up in arms about bennynoon going. Until I pointed out that when he was still here this fella was always going on about how shit he was and how he shouldnt be playing.

Some people are never happy are they.

Most people (on this site especially) have been slating Insua left right and centre, but people are still trying to use his sale as a stick to beat the owners / purslow / broughton / SoS / any other fucker with.

Yeah, I mean, just because they did it in Czechoslovakia, doesn't mean that they will do the same thing in Poland does it?

Lets just sit around and see what happens without any scepticism or cynicism, because that has worked really well so far. And then, once we've sold 90m worth of players and recruited 35m worth of players, we can call the owners and the board 'damn rotters' and really look forward to the next Transfer Window.

And it seems that 'linking' is the new 'signing' by the looks of it. Some bored hack pulls a story out of his arse and you go all Corporal Jones on us.

You fucking mutant.

So you think we aren't going to sign a full back?

Where's this 90mil worth of players that have been sold as well?

Looks like someone isn't the only one pulling shit from his ass.

get a grip do you think we are going to see all of that money invested. i dont the money is being used to pay the intrest on the loans it does not help that hodgson keeps saying i dont know ask christian purslow everytime he is asked a question about transfers yes man if ever i seen one

I see it as one of those don't worry about things you can't change scenarios. I'd love to go back to just concentrating on the football, but its hard at this moment in time. The wholse panick ultimately stems around the yanks and they'll only sell when they want to sell and who they want to sell to. I've come to terms that i have no say in anything, so will just go the games and try and enjoy the match

So you think we aren't going to sign a full back?

Where's this 90mil worth of players that have been sold as well?

Looks like someone isn't the only one pulling shit from his ass.

We've signed fucking nobody yet you soft cunt.

The best indicator of future behaviour is past behaviour and the Owners that have been bleeding us white and whom you are an apologist for are still here.

I'd say that a massive dose of scepticism and cynicism is the order of the day, wouldn't you? Unless you're a management dick puller, like you and Hermes.

The best indicator of future behaviour is past behaviour and the Owners that have been bleeding us white and whom you are an apologist for are still here.

I'd say that a massive dose of scepticism and cynicism is the order of the day, wouldn't you? Unless you're a management dick puller, like you and Hermes.

Apart from Jovanovich and Shelvey of course 

Still don't trust those fuckers as far as I could spit at them.

Oh look, he doesn't know what he's talking about, so just results in ad hominem attacks.

I am personally very happy with the way the summer is going thus far.

Will judge it as a whole at the end of the transfer window, but it looks like Hodgson is getting rid of the weaker players and trying to keep the best ones - makes sense to me.

Will judge it as a whole at the end of the transfer window, but it looks like Hodgson is getting rid of the weaker players and trying to keep the best ones - makes sense to me.

With all due respect sir. You have to be drunk or insane to be 'very happy' about anything football related if your a Liverpool fan

I don't think people are annoyed and/or worried by what has happened regarding those that have left or are looking likely to leave, it's the lack so far of anyone coming in and the proven lack of support from the owners in the transfer market.

We could be linked with every player in the fucking world but we ain't signed nobody yet. The squad is threadbare and we have a jumped up little Cunt in charge of buying and selling - and people want to wait and see. The fatter of the 2 yanks said this summer would be big, well he hasn't lied before has he?

Joe Cole, Remy etc are just rumours and people take them as fact. In reality players are leaving

I don't think people are annoyed and/or worried by what has happened regarding those that have left or are looking likely to leave, it's the lack so far of anyone coming in and the proven lack of support from the owners in the transfer market.

Do you seriously expect people who are looking to sell the club to be splashing out money on new players? It isn't going to happen, here or at any club in the same situation.

Do you seriously expect people who are looking to sell the club to be splashing out money on new players? It isn't going to happen, here or at any club in the same situation.

No, I don't. In fact far from it. I'm struggling to work out how you got that from what I wrote though.