You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Mascherano was one of the most exciting signings our generation had experienced"

No he wasn't. He was a very highly-regarded defensive midfielder who was languishing at West Ham after a dubious Joorbachian transfer, and had never played in a top league before.

This cunt's banging on like it was the equivalent of Lionel Messi joining Everton.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we dont get 35m he should be forced to stay on. the 25m being quoted in the media pisses me off. Time we got some good value for once

And then we have an even grumpier Mascherano here, bad for the team, with less than a year left on his contract next year, and we'd be lucky to get anything for him. I'd think he will go for an undisclosed amount, the owners and Purslow will not want to give this any publicity at all if they can avoid it.

And then we have an even grumpier Mascherano here, bad for the team, with less than a year left on his contract next year, and we'd be lucky to get anything for him. I'd think he will go for an undisclosed amount, the owners and Purslow will not want to give this any publicity at all if they can avoid it.

He has two years left, no?

Now, yes. If we force him to stay another season, his price will plummet.

True, but we are going to sell him now at a reduced price already if he goes for 20-25m. I think we'd get the same price next year, which is why I say we hold on to him if thhey don't pay 30+.

He can sulk all he wants, but he has a new Argentina manager to impress so has to play well.

It's a fucking nightmare though because we won't find anyone as good as him, so the team will definitely be much weaker than last year.

Guest Captain Jonjo

Well the fuss is were losing quite possibly the best defensive midfielder in the world right now, and imo another part of teams spine, but he wants out so he can fook off, and someone else can fook right in.

Well the fuss is were losing quite possibly the best defensive midfielder in the world right now, and imo another part of teams spine, but he wants out so he can fook off, and someone else can fook right in.

It's been a long time coming though. What i don't get though is that he was having contract talks towards the end of last season that suddenly stopped...wonder if Rafa had a word?

It's been a long time coming though. What i don't get though is that he was having contract talks towards the end of last season that suddenly stopped...wonder if Rafa had a word?
You mean something like. 'Don't sign that new contract just yet Masch. Chances are I wont be here next season, so it will be much easier and cheaper for me to sign you at my next club'

Wouldn't have been the first of his favorites he'd advised not to sigh a new contract, would it.

You mean something like. 'Don't sign that new contract just yet Masch. Chances are I wont be here next season' date=' so it will be much easier and cheaper for me to sign you at my next club'[/i']

"Yeah, and with all that extra dosh I pocket from the transfer thanks to Macia, I can make a few more cheeky donations to the Liverpool community"

Things can be spun any way you want.

I never believed Masch would stay for another season, even if Benitez left or not. He was practically gone last season, even if Rafa was still here.

"Yeah, and with all that extra dosh I pocket from the transfer thanks to Macia, I can make a few more cheeky donations to the Liverpool community"

Things can be spun any way you want.

I never believed Masch would stay for another season, even if Benitez left or not. He was practically gone last season, even if Rafa was still here.

I'm not suggesting he pocketed any cash. It's all about opinions. Mine is he was tapping up certain players while he was still our manager. I can not understand, and have never known any other manager to be advising his players not to sign new contracts at their current clubs.

Thats a pretty controversial opinion to make there Dougie lad.

Obviously we'll never really know but I'd be very disapointed if it came to light that Benitez did that.

Why would he advise Kuyt not to sign his contract ? Then as soon as Rafa signed his five year deal, Kuyt sudenly signs his contract extension. I think there was another player too, but i'm not sure so I wont name him. But Rafa was advising Kuyt not to sign. Regardless of whether you rate Kuyt or not, I can see no other reason why Rafa would do this, unless he was paving the way to take Kuyt to his new club.

I'm not suggesting he pocketed any cash. It's all about opinions. Mine is he was tapping up certain players while he was still our manager. I can not understand' date=' and have never known any other manager to be advising his players not to sign new contracts at their current clubs.[/quote']

Well, your argument is a bit flawed considering that Masch was already on his way out, and no other of his "favourites" have left.

You can state all the opinions you want about him doing this and saying that, just like all the others. Curiously, all the poisonous stuff is just whispers and rumours. All the visible stuff is mainly positive, like the touch of class he displayed when leaving the club.

It doesn't mean you or the others are wrong. I have no illusions about what a hardass and cynical bastard Rafa can be. But like it or not, to be taken seriously you have to present your accusations with a bit more..well, not proof, but just a more weight, I don't know the best word here.