You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish he wanted to stay but since he doesn't he can fuck off. I don't buy his excuses either. Last time i checked they spoke Italian and not Spanish in Italy.

L'ultima volta che ho controllato che parlava italiano e non spagnolo in Italia.

La última vez que he comprobado que hablaba italiano y no español en Italia

Very, very similar languages.

Some pretty fickle bastards on this thread. It's the same as when Gerrard came close to going to Chelsea, he was almost a shit player.

And for those who scream for a massive fee should Javier leave, you're in for quite a disappointment. Either this summer or the next.

We lost a top class midfielder last season. I really, really hope that doesn't happen again now.

Javier Mascherano was left fretting over a proposed £25million move to Inter Milan last night after Rafa Benitez finally began his recruitment drive by snapping up Genoa midfielder Giuseppe Sculli.

Unsettled midfielder Mascherano was pinning his hopes on Inter finally making a bid for him, once funds were in place from Mario Balotelli's transfer to Manchester City.

But former Liverpool boss Benitez made Sculli his priority, instead, tieing up a £5million deal that casts doubt over whether he will follow up his interest in Mascherano.

Sources in Milan point to an already well-stocked Inter midfield and believe that, should an offer be made for Mascherano, it could be as little as £12-15million.

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson will not let him leave on the cheap and is adamant he must honour his contract at Anfield, in the absence of any acceptable bids.

The Argentina captain, whose wife has failed to settle in England, was declared fit yesterday, after reporting tightness in a leg muscle against Arsenal on Sunday, and may well be named in Liverpool's Europa League squad against Trabzonspor on Thursday, in a further indication that Hodgson expects him to knuckle down.

PSV Eindhoven's Sweden striker Ola Toivonen will cost Liverpool at least £8million after being watched by them three times in the space of a week.

Hodgson sent his assistant Sammy Lee to PSV's 3-1 win at Heerenveen a week last Saturday before making a personal check on the 24-year old in Sweden's midweek 3-0 win over Scotland in Stockholm.

Having scored twice against Heerenveen and once on international duty, Toivonen turned on an even more impressive show for Liverpool scouts with a hat-trick in PSV's 6-0 rout of De Graafschap at the Philips Stadium on Saturday night.

Aware of Liverpool's interest in a player who has three years left on contract and is equally effective up front or as an attacking midfielder, PSV have indicated a willingness to sell but want more than the £5million Hodgson is ready to offer as an opening bid.

Read more: Liverpool's Javier Mascherano fears over Inter Milan move | Mail Online

so the chap we scouted scored 6 in 3! He must be happy with that! Also if masch and lucas are staying why he hell did we buy poulsen?

Mascherano staying would be a surprise bonus, so can't blame the manager for planning ahead for what looked an inevitable transfer. Also depth and options, in the case of injuries/suspensions Gerrard can go play the CAM or RM or left mid so you need cover for stevie and he offers cover for three positions. Before you mention it I don't think Aquilani will be played in the centre, I see his only hope been if Cole is out or rested.

We lack cover for both flanks, but I don't see it as a major problem as Gerrard will just be deployed there when neccessary and that is where the cover in the middle is essential.

I think he will still go to inter. This is their way of saying that they aren't desperate and to try and lower the price. Either if(and it a HUGE if) he stays i hope hodgson NEVER partners him with lucas or poulsen as it would be zero creativity once again in midfield. Sick and tired of that defensive setup.

I wouldn't read too much into the statement about Inter's "well stocked midfield". It's not like their manager is the type to worry about having too defensive midfielders.

Despite what Roy says, Poulsen's signing only makes sense as a cut price replacement.

I'm thinking about it this way, with Mascherano still in the squad for the next season. Our chances of getting into the top four is definitely greater, therefore we keep him and finish fourth, we lose £10 million on his transfer fee next summer, but think of what money we gain for Champions League qualification.

(Also, there's the off chance his wife may decide to learn some fucking english or something, and he signs a new contract and stays, small chance I know, especially now he won't have Insua around to stare at all day long, his life will be really boring.....)

Friend of mine says that Mascherano wants to leave but Hodgson wants him to stay after his performance against the Arse. So Roy will force him to stay by playing him in the Europa so he'll be cup-tied for Europe.

I told him he was retarded. Please help me.

I'd be happy for him to stay, especially if we are being offered peanuts. Talking of being cup tied, interesting to see that Crouch didn't play for hot spurts last night.