You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

There is no point in holding on to him, he won't sign a new contract and his value will drop. You can't doubt his commitment though while he's here, he put McMoneyman to shame after the way he strolled around in his final six months in a similar situation.

I think the only way he will go is if the club sell him for a lower offer than what they value him at. Nobody exactly hammering at the door for him yet is there?

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only way he will go is if the club sell him for a lower offer than what they value him at. Nobody exactly hammering at the door for him yet is there?

You don't offer market value for somebody who has publicly expressed a desire to leave. He knows where he's going, his deal is done and the club he is going to is playing brinkmanship with LFC. They know the price will drop with every passing transfer window.

he was great today and i half hope that was his last game as it'd be some way to sign off

i did have a few doubts about it just being for personal reasons he wants to go but after that game i'm sure if it wasn't for his bint he'd be staying

thanks Masch been a priveledge to have you at the club!

You don't offer market value for somebody who has publicly expressed a desire to leave. He knows where he's going, his deal is done and the club he is going to is playing brinkmanship with LFC. They know the price will drop with every passing transfer window.

I'm assuming you are referring to Inter? I would hope Rafa learned from the Barry saga if that is the case.

I like to think i'm a very reasonable fella in day to day life; but when it comes to footy i'm firmly of the "if you're not for us you're against us" mind set. To that end just do one piano key teeth.

While on match day I agree with this, the business of footy has changed. If you are (and we are) a big business, you have to attract the best talent (employees) as inevitably they can go to work in a lot of places. Very few of the players we now covet grew up with a poster of Keegan on their wall.

When he plays like he did today I can't help but love him, fickle bastard that I am. I called him a badge kissing cunt earlier in the thread, and I stand by not liking that, but he plays with his heart on his sleeve and he never needed to do that last season and raise all of our hopes. Mixed feelings is what I'll have if he goes, and it does look likely. Glad to have seen him in his pomp, because he's a fantastic player, but gutted to lose him.

In one.

I am convinced that a Stevie G/Mascherano CM partnership is a PL winning one.

Whilst it might get out numbered by the really good teams like Arsenal today its good enough to boss about 90% of the other games. leaving us extra numbers to win games in attack, this is what Utd have been doing for years but now with players of Gerrards and Mascherano's quality.

Purslow did confirm to day that he has wanted to leave for over a year due to personal reasons ie not related to football

Fantastic player. Anyone who thinks we can do better has spent too long sitting in today's sun.

I think most people who dismiss his influence base it on the fact that 'destroyers' are easier to come by than creative players. Today proved he's not only the best at what he does, but his influence on the team will only be realised when he's gone.

I think most people who dismiss his influence base it on the fact that 'destroyers' are easier to come by than creative players. Today proved he's not only the best at what he does, but his influence on the team will only be realised when he's gone.

Your absolutely right. He is one of those players who plays his heart out. Without looking at his football ability he is still a great player because he never gives up and wants to win.

We have a lot of squad players but we also have a lot of players with heart and courage which is what I think a team like Arsenal have been missing. We are very lucky.

I hope he stays. Excellent today he was. Great reception from the Kop he got when other clubs would have booed him. I think he will stay if I'm honest.

I had to read this in an Irish accent. (Or Yoda)

He was class today. I was wondering how he'd perform with all the shite surrounding him and he was one of the best on the park.

Fact is though he has still fucked us round the last 2 summers with phony shit excuses and if he does go after another summer of phony shite then hes still a horrible little twat. A good performance today will gloss over nothing for me.

Anyone got a feeling he could stay?

Well it seems riband gone quiet on the moving front and the reason seems less annoying to Liverpool fans- his family not being settled as opposed to he wants to play for a different club. Fingers crossed anyway, he might be a huge loss. Or a result. We've a good back four and keeper. That place could be freed up. Hopefully Poulsen will have more attacking instincts if he plays.