You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will we finish higher than 7th in 2010/11?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Will we finish higher than 7th in 2010/11?

• Yes, we will be at least 6th - or even higher!
    • No, 7th is the highest we will finish, we really suck balls

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooWailmzEoQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooWailmzEoQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>http://deadon.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/soccer_action.jpg?w=460

(1.25 onwards).

"So they'll ask a question that you can't possibly have enough information to even form an opinion on. They'll put up a pi chart saying;

'So 67% think it's likely. 30% think it's highly unlikely and 3% don't know..' They put up a big pi chart saying '3% don't know.'

"NO! YOU ALL DON'T FUCKING KNOW! There should be a big giant pizza pie saying 'I have no earthly fucking clue'..."

All depends on who is around. If big players leave and the income pays the debt, we will struggle to finish higher than 7th. If we hang on to our best players, and if Hodgson has a transfer kitty of £15M plus what he generates through sales, then I would expect top four, though with other sides strengthening this will still be touch and go.

All depends on who is around. If big players leave and the income pays the debt, we will struggle to finish higher than 7th. If we hang on to our best players, and if Hodgson has a transfer kitty of £15M plus what he generates through sales, then I would expect top four, though with other sides strengthening this will still be touch and go.

That's pretty much it.

The longer the owners are still here, the longer the drain on the club. Even if Roy does a decent job the players aren't stupid, Torres and Gerrard will still look to leave. They want to win, not to hopefully challenge for fourth.

Basically Roy is a stopgap appointment in the hope that we can keep hold of our best players then get new owners in by the end of the year, so that when next season comes around we're ready to start building again.

Best case scenario is this happens, we have very few injuries, players aren't that knackered from the world cup, Roy spots a couple of cheap signings that improve us (left back!), Carra, Agger and Gerrard return to their best form, Aquilani actually plays well (or we sell him to fund a good replacement), then we could get top 4. Especially as we won't be drained from the Champions League. That way Roy might get a chance to continue if we do get new ambitious owners.

Worst case scenario is there's no sign of new owners, we lose either or both Torres & Gerrard, don't get much money and waste what we do have (rather like last year) then have a few injury issues. Then we're looking at midtable with no hope in sight.

We were absolute cack last season and the other showers ( Spurs/City/Villa ) only just scraped past us, so as long as we are not decimated with outgoings & the new manager treats the No-Hoper League & the Hokey Cokey cup with the disdain they deserve I see no reason why we shouldn't be in or around 4th spot.

Maybe we will shock some people,last season we expected a very close title challenge(including us i mean) and we blew it be it Rafa's fault or the players or both i think the pressure played apart aswell,this season no-one will expect us to do anything the likes of chelski,scum,citeh and arsenal wont consider us as a threat (due to our off fiels problems) if we can keep Torres,Gerrard Riena and add 2 or 3 decent players then i think top 4 is there for the taking if we dont keep the above players then lucky to get top 6