You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will we finish higher than 7th in 2010/11?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Will we finish higher than 7th in 2010/11?

• Yes, we will be at least 6th - or even higher!
    • No, 7th is the highest we will finish, we really suck balls

After last season's poll, when I was ruthlessly mocked for even asking if we would finish in the top 4 (we didn't), and as a perennial glutton for punishment, I thought I'd kick off with a similar poll.

With the six sides who finished above us all strengthening their squads while ours goes backwards, will we finish any higher than last season's 7th place, or is 7th the highest we can realistically expect?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After last season's poll, when I was ruthlessly mocked for even asking if we would finish in the top 4 (we didn't), and as a perennial glutton for punishment, I thought I'd kick off with a similar poll.

With the six sides who finished above us all strengthening their squads while ours goes backwards, will we finish any higher than last season's 7th place, or is 7th the highest we can realistically expect?

My predictions

Chelsea

Man city

Man United

Arsenal

Tottenham

Villa

Everton

Liverpool

Yes. It all obviously depends on the new manager and any possible funds that are availble.

If the squad is properly galvanised and can pull together for the good of the club I think we can make a decent fist of it despite our current plight. I'm going for 5th.

Guest Pistonbroke

Far too early to tell, this sort of poll needs to be done when the season kicks off and transfer windows are closed. The result is going to be a bit lopsided with the present general feelings among many fans.

If we keep our top players, we'll most likely return to our norm around 4th. That's where we should EXPECT (not blindly hope) to end up anyway given our resources and spending on wages, and I'm so glad that previous doubters have finally got around to this type of thinking.

so it was nothing to do with the players then

Nope, all the injury problems were Rafa's fault

Gerrard's poor form and private issues were Rafa's fault

The beach ball was Rafa's fault

Dodgy ref decisions like the ones against Arsenal, United etc. were Rafa's fault.

Spurs, and City having bigger squads than us are Rafa's fault.

etc.etc.etc.

so it was nothing to do with the players then

It is Rafas job to get the best out of the players.

All other sides had injuries.

The same squad challenged for the title the season before, the only differences were Alonso / Arbeloa for Aquilani / Johnson. In my opinion Johnson was an upgrade on Arbeloa, so only Alonso was missing from that side that challenged.

Anyway he has gone and I think when you have Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Mascherano, Kuyt, Benayoun, Gerrard, Torres etc you should be in the top four.

If Hodgson can keep the majority of that group together we should come top four.

I'm going to be more optimistic, I think we'll finish top 4. Pressure to do well should not be as high and I cannot see the media giving Roy a hard time either.

I think Torres will stay, hopefully Stevie will too and we get a bit of luck with injuries throughout the season.

Too early to call. It obviously depends on who the manager and playing staff are.

Get a good manager and keep the squad together, maybe even spend a little on top, and of course we will.

Bring in a limited manager and sell our best players and we'll be lucky to be top half.