You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Players you or your mates have met, what were they like?

Section_31

Chatting in the pub before turns out one of the lads from work built Scholes's fence years ago and reckoned he was a sound bloke, kept brewing up and boxed him off for £400 for a day's work, the most he's ever made in a day he reckoned.

Another mate said his spark friend was doing the electrics on Andy Cole's gaff, who asked him "Do you want a cup of tea?" To which he said yes, and Cole apparently said "It's over there, Andy Cole doesn't make tea."

Haha, what a tit.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living in Southport I see a few reds past and present, Gerrard is usually sound and always lets on to fans. Dalglish is a proper legend he stopped and must of chatted to me for fifteen mins outside the post office he was going in. Really really made my day. Lawro is a funny one he can walk around with a right face on him sometimes, saw him nearly fall off him bike to which was amusing.

Vladi was class,

Made a horrendous 4-1 defeat to chelsea in 2005 a great night for me and my mates. Also his mate George who was best mates with Milan was a top bloke as well.

Also had to explain to him that Milan's house was in Woolton not Walton

Great night one of my favourite memories.

One thing I do remember which was quite sad, was me saying to Vlad what the feck are you doing at Bordeaux to which he replied something along the lines of no one else would have me.

Told us the truth about why Didi didnt start the CL final

Posted most of this before but it brings back good memories typing it again.

Davie Johno. In an unflash boozer; he was the only one drinking champagne out of an ice bucket.

I went over and said, "Hey, didn't you used to play for Ipswich?" He later came over to us and started talking about Ipswich like I was serious.

We soon found out that he had actually come over to hit on anything that didn't have trousers on.

Aside from his ravenous libido, he was sound, and willing to talk about football.

I bought some nosebag off Lee Hughes when he was young and on his way up. He was too fucked off his tits for me to have an opinion of him as a bloke. Sorry.

I also used to live a couple of doors down from Jermaine Pennant when he played for Blues and lived in the mailbox. Always used to see him on the lash, and as we used to exchange pleasantries all the time, he would always get a round in when I saw him out on the lash. Complete thick cunt, but was always pleasant.

Bascially it went something like this

the players were talking about penalty to shoot outs and Didi showed the german way and kicked the coke can and the table at the same time and broke his foot.

The legend that Didi is played with a broken foot, he also turned up later.

Gary Macca. Absolute gent.

Vladi. Again, like Red Nick said, a lovely guy.

Liam Brady. Charmless and dour.

Patrick Kluivert when he was with Barcelona. Pleasant guy. I had to ask Phillip Cocu to get out of the way so I could have my photo taken with him, the pointy nosed tromboner.

Owen-Sound, really approachable

Westerveld-Drunk

Henchoz-Funny

Rob Jones and Danny Murphy-Really nice

Carra-Shy ( I did meet him in 2001 mind)

Rigobert Song-A Massive Tit

Heskey-Proper Legend

Skrtel-Funny as fuck

Oh how could I forget Vlad-Really Nice/

I have met quite a few and all of them have been really approachable and kind, always willing to take time out.

Reina especially was brilliant, not only did he take a picture with me. He also took me to a strip club, got a shed load of ale in and played some proper boss music, after that we went on the ferry cross the Mersey and he did a scouse house remix of the song with the same title and told the people getting off at Birkenhead that they where proper bad inbreds and they should fuck off.

/The above may not be true.

Reina especially was brilliant, not only did he take a picture with me. He also took me to a strip club, got a shed load of ale in and played some proper boss music, after that we went on the ferry cross the Mersey and he did a scouse house remix of the song with the same title and told the people getting off at Birkenhead that they where proper bad inbreds and they should fuck off.

/The above may not be true.

Yea, but if you did meet Pepe that is exactly what would happen. So it still counts.

Trick or treated owens house in north wales, got a kit kat and one of them mass produced autograph bits with him playing for england.

Used to be dead good mates with Jim Beglins son and met him a few times from going round their house and birthday party. He was as sound as your best mates dad is to a twelve year old.

Met Bruce Grobbelaar, Rob Jones, Ian Muir of Tranmere, then the year later Steve Nicol and Jason McAteer (when he was still at Bolton) at my Dads work at a charity function. They were all sound, happy to pose for photo's and sign autogaphs. Jason Koumas went to the same school as us in Wallasey, he is alright , don't really know him that well . Also Knocked round at Jan Molbys once with a letter of complaint after Phil Babb wouldn't sign any autographs, he was sound as well.

Trick or treated owens house in north wales, got a kit kat and one of them mass produced autograph bits with him playing for england.

Used to be dead good mates with Jim Beglins son and met him a few times from going round their house and birthday party. He was as sound as your best mates dad is to a twelve year old.

The absolute twat