You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

I never ever thought of it as doing 'a shift' as you describe it

Parenting should be a partnership and that does not necessarily mean each does half of everything. Playing to your strengths without undermining the other would seem to be a pretty go way to go

What did you call it when you had a lie in and Mr Champ did the early 'shift'?

I never ever thought of it as doing 'a shift' as you describe it

Parenting should be a partnership and that does not necessarily mean each does half of everything. Playing to your strengths without undermining the other would seem to be a pretty go way to go

Who ever denied being a parent was a fucking hard job?

Cash broke

No life &

Sleep deprived

Regardless of if mummy can sing 4 little monkeys better than daddy some days its tough shit. 

daddy is doing the early 'shift' 

What did you call it when you had a lie in and Mr Champ did the early 'shift'?

We were daft and both of us got up

You're wrong.

Massively.

Given that most of my evidence was gained from a largely female sample I see that you may all have a point on this.

And I also agree with Paulie's point about 'the sisterhood' belittling men's abilities regarding child care and domestic tasks more widely. This, its my way or the highway kind of attitude. I guess its a need to feel indispensible/control thing that drives that.

It used to drive me nuts arranging to go out with friends when our kids were young and the inevitable cry offs as junior had coughed that day or people leaving halfway through as they had called home/been called to be told that the little one hadnt settled. Or the making meals and leaving them in the freezer if they went away overnight and the endless lists.

For my own part I confess to past irritation that Mr C didnt do housework at the same time as looking after the kids when they were younger or didnt always feed them what I would have made until I accepted that his way wasnt my way and getting annoyed about it wasnt going to change anything and actually, had they come to any harm.

Who ever denied being a parent was a fucking hard job?

Cash broke

No life &

Sleep deprived

Regardless of if mummy can sing 4 little monkeys better than daddy some days its tough shit. 

daddy is doing the early 'shift' 

Maybe I misunderstood you but I took from your reply that you believe, in a male/female couple, both partners should return to work on similar terms after their children are born and my point was that these things ought to be negotiable between parents and play to individual strengths where possible

The man is also questioned in the shop if he chooses to buy his wife some flowers.

"Oh, what are you in trouble for?". Fuck all you scrotum faced old hag. Complete my transaction and shut your fucking mouth.

Yeah some cheeky cunt cashier said that to me a few months back, I actually buy her flowers every week because I'm a nice fucking husband.

Wish I'd said it was for a dead relative now, that'd shut her up

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

The old hag in a flower shop by us once said the usual "You don't buy flowers often, you must be in trouble" line. I answered with "Yeah, because yer a robbing bastard but the shop with decent prices is shut." 

Until I accepted that his way wasnt my way and getting annoyed about it wasnt going to change anything and actually, had they come to any harm.

My dads technique when I was being looked after as a kid. You may not have accepted that way. 

257952_10150207499250947_2232935_o.jpg?o

Photo taken shortly after I had been "helping" to do the brakes on my uncles Capri. 

I used to spend my summer holidays from about the age of 7 or 8 up at the garage and doing brake pads and loads of light servicing work because I couldn't loosen some of the tighter bolts. 

• Upvote 6

I've had to apologise every morning this week for being a bastard in her dreams. I was lying awake the other morning and she was talking in her sleep. She said "What are you gonna do about child support?". I turned over chuckling and replied "I'm not giving you any" so she let out a little wail and said "But I want you to staaaay".

I still can't stop laughing at that. 

Every time my Mrs does something there has to be 3 or 4 scenarios before she finally decides what to do.

She stayed out last night in a hotel with her mates. She rang me at 10 asking if I would pick her up at the train station. Ended up rushing my breakfast and got the kids ready. She then rings saying she is having breakfast and will then get a bus. Half an hour later she rings again and says it's too far to walk to the bus station and she'll get a taxi home.

Fucking drama over nothing.

Every time my Mrs does something there has to be 3 or 4 scenarios before she finally decides what to do.

She stayed out last night in a hotel with her mates. She rang me at 10 asking if I would pick her up at the train station. Ended up rushing my breakfast and got the kids ready. She then rings saying she is having breakfast and will then get a bus. Half an hour later she rings again and says it's too far to walk to the bus station and she'll get a taxi home.

Fucking drama over nothing.

Sounds all too familiar that. 

Facebook

52 mins ago: My mate's wife posted a photo of her business which has been flooded

42 mins ago: She posted a long load of balls about her latest reading from her clairvoyant and how ace she is.

Clearly, the clairvoyant didn't foresee the flooding.

Why do women believe these frauds?. They are always fat women in their late 50s or early sixties who wear bizarre clothes or headscarves. If they genuinely had a talent for seeing into the future why don't they work for the government to stop terrorist attacks or plane crashes?.

Instead they just sit in a house charging gullible women 20 quid to hear that their 85 year old nan has been ill or that they might move to a different section in work next year.

The fella in work said his Mrs was going to see a clairvoyant in the Pineapple pub in Toxteth. She told him the woman's name and described what she looked like. It was a woman who had been done for persistent shoplifting from Tesco on Park Road and was a raging alcoholic.

• Upvote 1

I pointed that out but she deleted it.

In her bollocks she also claimed to be clairvoyant. Didn't see her husband fucking the next door neighbour though.

I used to know a woman that claimed to be clairvoyant and could predict terrible things.

She never spoke to me again after I told her she wasn't clairvoyant, she was just a miserable, depressing cunt that thought the worst of everyone.

• Upvote 2

I used to know a woman that claimed to be clairvoyant and could predict terrible things.

She never spoke to me again after I told her she wasn't clairvoyant, she was just a miserable, depressing cunt that thought the worst of everyone.

She should've seen that coming, really.

• Upvote 3