You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

International Watch

Mathewbet1

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased for Palermo because all joking aside, that game with the three penalties was an abberation but he's carried it round like a cross ever since.

Also, as Brownie said he's a Championship Manager legend - he scored over 60 in a season for my Liverpool side.

Maradona's celebration was ace at the end.

What, the slide? Yeah, it was pretty funny especially with the sodden pitch.

What an end to the game! How does that leave their qualification?

It's tricky.

If they lose to Uruguay in their last game on Wednesday, then they could even miss out on the play off place.

If they win, then they definitely qualify for the World Cup, a draw would guarantee a play off place and they would qualify directly with a draw if Ecuador fail to beat Chile.

If they avoid defeat they should be alright, but personally I think Uruguay will beat them so they're relying on other results to make the play off!

It's tricky.

If they lose to Uruguay in their last game on Wednesday, then they could even miss out on the play off place.

If they win, then they definitely qualify for the World Cup, a draw would guarantee a play off place and they would qualify directly with a draw if Ecuador fail to beat Chile.

If they avoid defeat they should be alright, but personally I think Uruguay will beat them so they're relying on other results to make the play off!

Unbelievable Jeff!

Say what you want about how shite he is as a manager or a cheat as a player, but I love to see that passion. Seeing him celebrating the goal was brilliant and his tears at the end too.

I second that.

Managers should only be allowed celebrate if they do it like that. None of Ferguson's faggy hand waving. Either do it properly or don't do it at all.

It's tricky.

Scrap that, Uruguay scored a last minute winner! That changes everything. If they draw, they go through.

The atmosphere was superb in the last 15 minutes if that match. Hilarious when Peru scored in the midst of that horrendous weather and then the elation of the fortunate break gifting Palermo a tap in.

I've not been that fussed about Messi and Ronaldo maybe missing out on the World Cup and think the effect both players have especially at international level puts them both a bit in the overrated bracket. The Argies aren't out of the shit either, they'll have to draw against Uruguay in Montevideo to finish fourth or fifth and based on the way they played tonight that's far from certain.

Just seen the table Brownie and your still right. How tight is that - Argentina should never be in that position with the quality of players they have!

All over the place at the back,fuck all in the middle and toothless up front,quality players but no idea how to make a team.

Id say thats the managers fault.Passion or not.