You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone see the new Cowboys Stadium last night?

old skool tom

That Cowboys stadium looks like an aircraft hangar. Horrible.

Been to Anfield recently? It's basically a big box with metal sides. A hangar of a ground if I've ever seen one. Don't let the history that has occurred there blind you to the fact that it's ugly/boring as shit architecturally.

Btw, I'm not exactly defending Cowboys Stadium (which looks more like a space shuttle hangar.....place is huge).

Been to Anfield recently? It's basically a big box with metal sides. A hangar of a ground if I've ever seen one. Don't let the history that has occurred there blind you to the fact that it's ugly/boring as shit architecturally.

Btw, I'm not exactly defending Cowboys Stadium (which looks more like a space shuttle hangar.....place is huge).

I'm intimately familiar with Anfield thanks, and it's nothing like that.

Do we really have to call it Signal Iduna Park? It's the Westfalenstadion, and it's amazing. Is Rafa not supposed to have asked for something similar to that, with really steep stands, as part of redesign number 32? I think he wanted it like the Bombonera, with the noise sort of crashing down on the pitch down the banks of the stands. Same thing happens at the Mestalla and, of course, on the Kop.

Anfield's not shit architecturally especially, it's just indicative of its time. It's still better than a lot of the concrete bowls you get in South America and Italy, which have no acoustic properties at all, and it has more character (personal preference aside) than the soulless things Derby, Boro and Bolton have all built. One of the handful of good things Hicks and Gillett have done* is redesign Parry's bowl to at least incorporate four separate stands, which lend a stadium much more atmosphere, in my humble opinion.

Why is the pitch in the pics of the Cowboys stadium a proper football one, and not an American football one? This is bothering me.

EDIT: Though they haven't actually built it, obviously. Still, I'd rather have a decent unbuilt stadium than a shit unbuilt stadium. You see what I mean. And maybe handful is pushing it. Three, that I can think of. Is that a handful? It's a handful of apples, certainly, but probably not of grapes.

Do we really have to call it Signal Iduna Park? It's the Westfalenstadion, and it's amazing. Is Rafa not supposed to have asked for something similar to that, with really steep stands, as part of redesign number 32? I think he wanted it like the Bombonera, with the noise sort of crashing down on the pitch down the banks of the stands. Same thing happens at the Mestalla and, of course, on the Kop.

The Westfalonstadion does not have steep stands. The Bombonera certainly does, but would never be allowed to be built in this country.

As opposed to what? Bolton, Boro, Woodison (there's architectural beauty eh?) they're 3 truly horrible grounds and 2 of them are stuck with them for years. I'm talking inside the ground here, I actually love our ground (after all it's done me for forty odd years) I fucking hate the Reebok and the Riverside, ugly soulless places, Woodison goes without saying.