You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Midfielders to replace Alonso if he goes.

Code

Brenden, I have a mental image of you being the leader of a gang of 12 year old kids and acting the big man swearing your head off as they are the only gang of little runts that actually get scared of your rants... you're like a Scrappy Doo except you aren't brave!

Rasher, you don't do many things well, and the above is an example of that.

Stick to what you do best, eh?

Whatever it is.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen Skjelbred play enough times both in the flesh and on TV to form a considered opinion about his qualities and how he would fit into our team.

This Norwegian bias thing is a bit strange as well, I would never suggest that we should sign anyone because he is Norwegian, as far as I know the only "unknown" Norwegian I have advocated signing was Hangeland because I could see his qualities and understood he would be perfect for the PL.

When i first mentioned him, nefore he went to Copenhagen, we could probably have got him for £1,5M, we could have signed him when Fulham signed him etc..

The same goes for Skjelbred, we can get him for around £4M now, maybe a bit less, but if he goes to another club abroad, his price will most likely triple itself within a year, if Skjelbred was an English player with equal qualities he would probably cost £15M +.

Skjelbred would be a superb signing.

Where did you mention that, because it wasn't on here.

I'll put it in here too, Arteta, scores goals, creates and good at dead ball situations. I dont know enough about the others to make an educated guess, though obviously Defour looked good last year.

Going further I think its clear that unless Lucas steps up this year, we need a better third choice CM and for that role Id be intersted in either Kevin Nolan (Known of through Sammy Lee and McPartland) or a return for Spud. Both are local lads, they'd help the english quota and Im sure would happily exchange their current teams for Cl footie and a pop at the title, allbeit in a third choice role.

Rasher, you don't do many things well, and the above is an example of that.

Stick to what you do best, eh?

Whatever it is.

Errm yeah OK Brenden. I'd better listen incase your hoards of little followers call me names! *has mental image of Brenden and his 12 year old mates in dungarees swearing at passers by in a shopping mall telling people not to look at them*

I'll put it in here too, Arteta, scores goals, creates and good at dead ball situations. I dont know enough about the others to make an educated guess, though obviously Defour looked good last year.

Going further I think its clear that unless Lucas steps up this year, we need a better third choice CM and for that role Id be intersted in either Kevin Nolan (Known of through Sammy Lee and McPartland) or a return for Spud. Both are local lads, they'd help the english quota and Im sure would happily exchange their current teams for Cl footie and a pop at the title, allbeit in a third choice role.

Arteta plays as a winger for them and I'm not sure he will be good in CM.

Aquilani/Sneijder would do me. Still need a decent Torres back up to come in to complete the squad which would probably take up a sizeable chunk of the Xabi cash. A Silva type player would be 3rd priority dependent on the funds we have remaining.

Errm yeah OK Brenden. I'd better listen incase your hoards of little followers call me names! *has mental image of Brenden and his 12 year old mates in dungarees swearing at passers by in a shopping mall telling people not to look at them*

That's the second mental image of feral pre-teens swearing at people, that you have shared with us in this thread.

Is it something that preys on your mind a lot?

That's the second mental image of feral pre-teens swearing at people, that you have shared with us in this thread.

Is it something that preys on your mind a lot?

No not at all, its exactly how I see you so plays on my mind when you utter usual delightful vocabulary.

You're just a little boy with a big mouth on an internet forum. Has anyone ever met you? Now that would be funny. Everyone would be like "where are you Brenden" completely ignoring the little 12 year old looking adult in dungarees effing away shouting obscene names at Lucas.... :lol:

No not at all, its exactly how I see you so plays on my mind when you utter usual delightful vocabulary.

You're just a little boy with a big mouth on an internet forum. Has anyone ever met you? Now that would be funny. Everyone would be like "where are you Brenden" completely ignoring the little 12 year old looking adult in dungarees effing away shouting obscene names at Lucas.... :lol:

I'm beginning to think that you fantasise about 12 year old boys in dungarees calling you "cunt".

Surely you can get that down at the Arndale Centre round your ends?

I'm beginning to think that you fantasise about 12 year old boys in dungarees calling you "cunt".

Surely you can get that down at the Arndale Centre round your ends?

Nah not at all, read what I said - it is how I see YOU.

Arndale Centre "my ends"... is that the best you can do? Not very good at geography are you Brenden? Did you spend your young days in shopping malls swearing at old folk instead of going to school Brenden? You don't seem to do much else but swear.

I'd love to see you in real life, it must be a sight to behold. Has anyone seen Brenden?

Where did you mention that, because it wasn't on here.

On RAWK.

Re: Rafa want's Agger from Brondby

« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2005, 05:40:36 PM »

Dont want to hijack this thread or turn it into a transfer speculation thread.

But as long as we talk about a Scandinavian CB I want to mention the one I rate the most.

Brede Hangeland will certainly go abroad in January, and I think he could be the replacement for Hyypia that we are looking for.

He has played in CM to gain more expirience for Viking this season and he is the clubs captain in a team that has beaten Monaco at home in the group phase of the UEFA cup this season.

He now seems to be first choice for Norway, ahead of players like Soton`s Claus Lundekvam etc..

He is big, he is an excellent reader of the game, his passing is very good, thats why he has played in CM all this season, he is good with his head, he is strong and even if he seems a bit slow, he is pretty fast.

Today Norway`s assistant coach, the former Red Stig Inge Bjørnebye, told norwegian press that Hangeland had every bit of potential to be one of the absolute best CB in Europe in the coming years.

I have to say that I totally agree, get him in January, I dont think he is cuptied either since his club Viking only has played in the UEFA cup this season.

Those of you who is able to watch the match between Norway- The Czech Republic on Saturday, watch out for this guy, he is a star in the making :)

Or maybe just a star if you want!

Rafa want's Agger from Brondby

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: The Toon

« Reply #87 on: July 2, 2007, 06:55:28 PM »

Quote from: -HH- on July 2, 2007, 06:40:41 PM

Who is he and what are his strengths, in your opinion?

His name is Brede Paulsen Hangeland and is Norways first choice CB at the moment, he has been compared to legendary Norwegian defender Rune Bratseth( Werder Bremen and Rosenborg) and their style of play has got a lot of similarities.

He reads the game very well, he has got pace, he is strong, he is a great header of the ball and he is also good on the ball, he played one or two seasons as a CM to develop his reading of the game and his on the ball skills.

He is currently playing for FC Copenhagen and he is a towering defender, something this picture should illustrate.

lannslage_1160222739.jpg

The Toon

Arteta is a good player but he's not suited to playing centre midfield. He's best from a wide starting position where he can drift inside and create things.

We need a fairly complete player - someone who can tackle, pass, shoot, cross etc. Alonso is pretty good at everything so we need that sort of player to ensure we aren't weakened too much.

I know a lot of people have said there's no chance but i'd make a move for De Rossi at Roma as I think he's really tidy and in the same mould as Alonso.

Failing that, I really don't know who we could get.

Arteta is a good player but he's not suited to playing centre midfield. He's best from a wide starting position where he can drift inside and create things.

We need a fairly complete player - someone who can tackle, pass, shoot, cross etc. Alonso is pretty good at everything so we need that sort of player to ensure we aren't weakened too much.

I know a lot of people have said there's no chance but i'd make a move for De Rossi at Roma as I think he's really tidy and in the same mould as Alonso.

Failing that, I really don't know who we could get.

I would make a bid for Essian, if anything just to piss Chelsea off.

@Code72: We still shouldn't have bought him when he went to Denmark. For the first year or so he looked clueless on the ball and hoofed more than our defence under Houllier. And that was in the mind blowing pace of the danish league. He would have been raped in the Premier League.

It's not realistic though. Why would he leave them for us? We're very evenly matched.

There's been loads of random, totally unrealistic suggestions on this thread for players we could buy to replace Alonso.

Xavi and Iniesta?!?! As if they would leave Barca for us right now.

Good shout, actually. Throw every dime we receive from Xabi into a bid from Essien and try to turn his head with promising him a more advanced role in our team than he has got for Chelsea. Alongside Masch he would have much more license to push forward than he does at Chelsea, where his game is stiffled in my opinion.

If, or when, they reject we will at least have fucked with them a little.

On RAWK.

Re: Rafa want's Agger from Brondby

« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2005, 05:40:36 PM »

Dont want to hijack this thread or turn it into a transfer speculation thread.

But as long as we talk about a Scandinavian CB I want to mention the one I rate the most.

Brede Hangeland will certainly go abroad in January, and I think he could be the replacement for Hyypia that we are looking for.

He has played in CM to gain more expirience for Viking this season and he is the clubs captain in a team that has beaten Monaco at home in the group phase of the UEFA cup this season.

He now seems to be first choice for Norway, ahead of players like Soton`s Claus Lundekvam etc..

He is big, he is an excellent reader of the game, his passing is very good, thats why he has played in CM all this season, he is good with his head, he is strong and even if he seems a bit slow, he is pretty fast.

Today Norway`s assistant coach, the former Red Stig Inge Bjørnebye, told norwegian press that Hangeland had every bit of potential to be one of the absolute best CB in Europe in the coming years.

I have to say that I totally agree, get him in January, I dont think he is cuptied either since his club Viking only has played in the UEFA cup this season.

Those of you who is able to watch the match between Norway- The Czech Republic on Saturday, watch out for this guy, he is a star in the making :)

Or maybe just a star if you want!

Rafa want's Agger from Brondby

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: The Toon

« Reply #87 on: July 2, 2007, 06:55:28 PM »

Quote from: -HH- on July 2, 2007, 06:40:41 PM

Who is he and what are his strengths, in your opinion?

His name is Brede Paulsen Hangeland and is Norways first choice CB at the moment, he has been compared to legendary Norwegian defender Rune Bratseth( Werder Bremen and Rosenborg) and their style of play has got a lot of similarities.

He reads the game very well, he has got pace, he is strong, he is a great header of the ball and he is also good on the ball, he played one or two seasons as a CM to develop his reading of the game and his on the ball skills.

He is currently playing for FC Copenhagen and he is a towering defender, something this picture should illustrate.

lannslage_1160222739.jpg

The Toon

Doesn't count. I only recognises posts on here.