You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Conflict in Afghanistan

Section_31

This was touted as ISIS-K, an ISIS sub group, earlier who were planning an attack, the Taliban hate these cunts as they think they’re bad Muslims and their jihad is illegitimate, no irony lost there of course.

Last thing the poor cunts need is two warped fundamentalist groups acting out their fucked up fever dream in an ideological civil war to destroy everything that isn’t reminiscent of the 7th century ‘golden age’.

What a fucking mess.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This was touted as ISIS-K, an ISIS sub group, earlier who were planning an attack, the Taliban hate these cunts as they think they’re bad Muslims and their jihad is illegitimate, no irony lost there of course.

Last thing the poor cunts need more a two fundamentalist groups acting out their fucked up fever dream in an ideological civil war.

What a fucking mess.

Yep. Absolute bastards that shot up the hospital a few years back. Real evil pricks. 

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep. Absolute bastards that shot up the hospital a few years back. Real evil pricks. 

That’s just the tip of an awful iceberg.

Against my better judgement I looked up their attacks and they’re prolific.

Just reading this makes Kabul sound like a hell hole where death stalks everything, imagine what it’ll be like soon?

It’s in the ‘history’ section.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_State_of_Iraq_and_the_Levant_–_Khorasan_Province

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Just reading this makes Kabul sound like a hell hole where death stalks everything, imagine what it’ll be like soon?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_State_of_Iraq_and_the_Levant_–_Khorasan_Province

Jesus even ISIS want fuck all to do with them. Russia think they’re supported by the US. Superb just what the world needs right now 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Have I read that right where the Taliban and the Americans were fighting on the sane side or was a case of a common enemy?

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Similar things happened in Syria, and most likely Iraq before that.

Marriages of convenience.

Yeah true.

I remember Cameron wanting to bomb Assads forces and then someone pointed out they were fighting ISIS.

Just shows what an absolute mess it is 

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

An exchange not to be a home for terrorism?

I've absolutely no idea.

I think the Americans have wanted to cut their losses since trump was in power. Maybe they see some short term damage a fair trade for an endless conflict?

I was talking about the manner of withdrawing from it. A deal would surely include a window for an orderly retreat.

And you don't need a deal for a country not be a home for terrorism, that would be pointless. 

19 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I was talking about the manner of withdrawing from it. A deal would surely include a window for an orderly retreat.

And you don't need a deal for a country not be a home for terrorism, that would be pointless. 

Like I said it was merely a theory that was floated. 

I'm fairly sure you can do a deal with a organisation to crack down on terrorism, northern ireland being the most obvious example. 

28 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Like I said it was merely a theory that was floated. 

I'm fairly sure you can do a deal with a organisation to crack down on terrorism, northern ireland being the most obvious example. 

A bit pedantic, but hardly the same thing. If you do a deal with the Taliban not to be a terrorism hotspot, it's pointless, they either will be or won't be. If they will be, you will have to act against them regardless of your deal.

A NI type of deal with the Taliban would ask of them to renounce armed struggle, embrace power sharing, constitutional politics and democracy in exchange of other factors accepting their legitimacy under the same conditions.  

5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

A bit pedantic, but hardly the same thing. If you do a deal with the Taliban not to be a terrorism hotspot, it's pointless, they either will be or won't be. If they will be, you will have to act against them regardless of your deal.

A NI type of deal with the Taliban would ask of them to renounce armed struggle, embrace power sharing, constitutional politics and democracy in exchange of other factors accepting their legitimacy under the same conditions.  

I'm not sure why its pointless. 

If the Americans have said we will pull out but you are going to have to crack down on isis,im fairly sure other incentives will have been given.

The bbc were reporting that the us envoy had spoken to them on monday, so there seems to be some sort of dialogue there ,but as I keep saying its pure conjecture  

10 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I'm not sure why its pointless. 

If the Americans have said we will pull out but you are going to have to crack down on isis,im fairly sure other incentives will have been given.

The bbc were reporting that the us envoy had spoken to them on monday, so there seems to be some sort of dialogue there ,but as I keep saying its pure conjecture  

Because it is hardly enforesable, and does not include any concessions. ISIS are their rivals so they will have to crack down on them. If that had to be a part of the deal, they are very stupid. I don't know, they did sack Bolton during negotiations, so who knows.

A deal would be, we won't help Afghan forces after June 1, but you will not enter Kabul before September 1.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

The NI analogy works for Taliban and Isis. Not for the US and Taliban.