You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

THE BEES! THE BEES!

ReddOrDedd

Am I the only one who is being driven bananas by the fucking 'swarm of killer bees' horns that seem omnipresent at the Confederations Cup matches?

Please God don't let their unfathomable popularity last until next year's tournament...

The commentators were saying these horns was also going to be there for the world cup. Never thought anyone would be more annoying than those cowbells, but this tops it.

vuvuzela2_2.jpg

Anybody watching the Confederations Cup? - Yahoo! Answers

Anybody watching the Confederations Cup?

Those plastic trumpets they are blowing are soooo annoying. It's like a listening to a microphone in a beehive. Sepp Blatter would be my hero if he banned them. They've ruined women's International football already, let's keep the mens game free of the darned things.

They're little plastic trumpets called vuvuzelas or something, I know they were banned from rugby games because they're bloody annoying.

Well they'll either have to ban them or we'll surely hear them at the world cup. And by that time they might have sorted something out so that the people over there can actually get in the grounds cheaper and fill them up more, which will just mean more and more of them. I thought they were funny yesterday but over time they'll probably drive me mad, and will just have to turn the sound off like llegovski said.

It'll be a relief not hearing the bullshit the commentators come out with anyway.

I went to a Mexico vs. Ecuador match a few years back and the people were blowing them on the train on our way home. Probably one of the worst moments of my life, tired, sobering up, and 30 people on those fucking horns in a very small area.

I lived in SA in 2001 and watched a lot of matches both in the stadium and on the telly. The south-africans are really good at making a lot of noise in the stadium, the problem is that it's just a constant noise, not songs and chants like in European stadiums. Different groups suppporting the same team, had different chants, dances, music instruments etc all at once. The atmosphere was great, but I always got exhausted from that constant barrage of noise.

"FIFA, who wanted to ban the usage of vuvuzelas during the World Cup 2010 because of a concern that the instrument could be used as weapons by hooligans or by business to have an advertising presence in World Cup Stadiums.[7] However after the South African Football Association, SAFA, made a presentation that the vuvuzelas were essential for an authentic South African football experience, in July 2008 FIFA decided to drop the ban and vuvuzelas will be allowed at matches during World Cup 2010 in South Africa."

Looks like we're fucked.

Gob: Nothing works in this house.

Michael: Tell me about it.

Lindsay Funke: Is that a shot at me?

Gob: Probably.

Lindsay Funke: Because for your information, I got a job.

Michael: Really, what kind of job?

Lindsay Funke: Beads.

Gob: BEES?

Lindsay Funke: BEADS.

Gob: BEADS?

Michael: Gob's not on board.

They are awful, I just can't watch any of the matches. They should definitely ban them for the World Cup, it is like torture. Even the England crappy band is better than that.

Word is out that Chelsea have put a bid in for a job lot of both fans and horns to improve the atmosphere down at the bridge, apparently the flags didn't work.....Mindless morons make mindless noises, John Terry should be happy then.