You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Stay with me on this one.

We've all seen videos and stories of an emotional, motivational or inspiring nature. They tend to frequently get emailed around and can get tedious and/or irritating for the recipient. That would be because the vast majority are absolute bollocks designed for the chain-mail circuit of shite. I initially thought that the following story would be similar and wasn't going to bother with it.

A colleague watched it at work and was it absolute bits over it. This wasn't the typical overly-emotional response women tend to have over stories like this though. Her outpouring somehow had a resonance that made us all stop and wonder what it was all about. It wasn't dissimilar to being informed of a loved one passing away. It's not one to watch at work that's for sure.

So I decided to watch it to see what the fuss was all about, and it really knocked me sideways. I didn't break down or anything but I - and several others in my section - needed a moment to gather ourselves again. The older sister recounting her memories of her early life in Ecuador with her younger sister really is heartbreaking, and unless you have a heart of stone, it is just fantastic to see them both reunited and you can't help but wish them well.

[YOUTUBE]dztJXL-5Nds[/YOUTUBE]

The backstory is covered here:

Nikke Whitman Photography: Sisters reunited after almost 40 years!

---

I've just punched a wall to regain some of my manliness again.

We've all seen videos and stories of an emotional, motivational or inspiring nature. They tend to frequently get emailed around and can get tedious and/or irritating for the recipient. That would be because the vast majority are absolute bollocks designed for the chain-mail circuit of shite. I initially thought that the following story would be similar and wasn't going to bother with it.

A colleague watched it at work and was it absolute bits over it. This wasn't the typical overly-emotional response women tend to have over stories like this though. Her outpouring somehow had a resonance that made us all stop and wonder what it was all about. It wasn't dissimilar to being informed of a loved one passing away. It's not one to watch at work that's for sure.

So I decided to watch it to see what the fuss was all about, and it really knocked me sideways. I didn't break down or anything but I - and several others in my section - needed a moment to gather ourselves again. The older sister recounting her memories of her early life in Ecuador with her younger sister really is heartbreaking, and unless you have a heart of stone, it is just fantastic to see them both reunited and you can't help but wish them well.

---

Plus she got a wazzo pair of jugs!

---

'the fuck is this shit? This should be in the gay thread.

Awful stuff.

Not half. I sometimes forget that there are nations that still engage in practices like this; when I raise the subject of stoning in my history lessons to the sixth form kids some of them think I'm on the wind-up - even kids today who have access to the Internet can't quite believe that there are countries that have these kind of punishments.