You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

SOSh.i.t

sean_dundee

Having been a member of the committee when the union was set up, I know 100% why. Meeting Rafa is in no way a contradiction to the aims of the union. So I'll spin it again, why do you think the SoS were set up? I imagine you don't have the right answer, so you wouldn't know why it was not perfectly acceptable to see what the man has to say.
Thats a fair enough point Barry but, surly the least SOS can do is tell its members what was actually said in the meeting. Instead we were drip fed snippets of info from other people. Chinese whispers. Not just the meeting with Rafa but the first meeting with Rick Parry is another example.

Ive said this before and I'll say it again. IMO Rafa invited SOS to that meeting at Hicks request. The only thing of any significance that came out of that meeting was Rafa's request that the protesting inside the ground stopped because it was having a negative on the teams performances.

Lets not forget this meeting was four hours long. Why was there no detailed account of what transpired during this meeting relayed to the SOS members ?

I'm not expecting you to answer my concerns Barry as your no longer on the committee, I'm just expressing my views.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a fair enough point Barry but' date=' surly the least SOS can do is tell its members what was actually said in the meeting. Instead we were drip fed snippets of info from other people. Chinese whispers. Not just the meeting with Rafa but the first meeting with Rick Parry is another example.

Ive said this before and I'll say it again. IMO Rafa invited SOS to that meeting at Hicks request. The only thing of any significance that came out of that meeting was Rafa's request that the protesting inside the ground stopped because it was having a negative on the teams performances.

Lets not forget this meeting was four hours long. Why was there no detailed account of what transpired during this meeting relayed to the SOS members ?

I'm not expecting you to answer my concerns Barry as your no longer on the committee, I'm just expressing my views.[/quote']

To be honest, I agree with just about all of that. You probably have a better idea than me what was said at that meeting - it wasn't even distributed in committee minutes as far as I know, if it was, I must have missed it. I wasn't able to get to committe meetings they got moved from pre-match to midweek, so pretty much excluded me as I was working away, so it's possible it could have been mentioned there, but not minuted.

I actually think if there wasn't the standoff with the owners, meeting the manager would be an acceptable and normal thing for the union to do. Obviously the politics currently inside the club cloud this and leave everyone open to accusations of deception, corruption and f*ck knows what else. It doesn't mean the lines of communication shouldn't/couldn't be explored though - what if Rafa could have actually helped? I just get really frustrated when people say the protests inside the ground stopped because the union met rafa - the union decided that long before that meeting.

£10 is a lot of money for me and many others.

I am not being flippant about how anyone values £10.

What i am asking is where else you could possibly spend £10 & achieve all the SoS aims you want to achieve?

£10 is just an admin fee here.

in my opinion sos are a bunch of crooks,they sold a lie when they were promising action. they were getting protests going at one stage ,but once they had fleeced everyone it all stopped,these cowboys could have protested b4 and after every home game till these fuckin nodders were out of here,but a select few chose to reap the reward,by going on jollyboys outings to ireland ect,getting pissed up on everyones tenners,little trip to the new york supporters clubs on the horizon for a lucky few alledgedly! so keep sending your tenners in boys,the beers dear over their!!!

in my opinion sos are a bunch of crooks,they sold a lie when they were promising action. they were getting protests going at one stage ,but once they had fleeced everyone it all stopped,these cowboys could have protested b4 and after every home game till these fuckin nodders were out of here,but a select few chose to reap the reward,by going on jollyboys outings to ireland ect,getting pissed up on everyones tenners,little trip to the new york supporters clubs on the horizon for a lucky few alledgedly! so keep sending your tenners in boys,the beers dear over their!!!

We were getting slaughtered for the protests at one point? Remember when all the beauts in the kop turned on block 306 telling us to 'support the team' when we had been the only ones actually supporting the team throughout the last two seasons? And now people are saying we should be protesting? Seems like a no-win to me.

The truth is had more people got involved, this objective to rid us of the Yanks would have been made much easier but too many people don't want to know. Look at the march before the Mancs game early in the season with people just standing on the side video recording us?

Some of you clearly have a lot to say, why not come to the next meeting and vent your frustrations at the Union there?

To be honest, I agree with just about all of that. You probably have a better idea than me what was said at that meeting - it wasn't even distributed in committee minutes as far as I know, if it was, I must have missed it. I wasn't able to get to committe meetings they got moved from pre-match to midweek, so pretty much excluded me as I was working away, so it's possible it could have been mentioned there, but not minuted.

I actually think if there wasn't the standoff with the owners, meeting the manager would be an acceptable and normal thing for the union to do. Obviously the politics currently inside the club cloud this and leave everyone open to accusations of deception, corruption and f*ck knows what else. It doesn't mean the lines of communication shouldn't/couldn't be explored though - what if Rafa could have actually helped? I just get really frustrated when people say the protests inside the ground stopped because the union met rafa - the union decided that long before that meeting.

The bit Ive put in in bold seems to be the crux of a lot of peoples concerns here. 'Communication' Lets take the issue of the cessation of protesting at games as an example.

If as you say this decision was taken before the meeting with Rafa then it must have been taken at committee level.

Ive been to all mass meetings and this certainly wasn't mentioned. Now I'm sure you'll agree that such an important decision should have been relayed to its members. Personally I think such an important issue should have been put to the members before any action was taken. Again we arrive at the lack of communication to the members.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
£10 is a lot of money for me and many others.

Not a dig, but I thought you were loaded?

You have absoutely no idea what you are talking about

...You know something.....I can understand peoples concerns with SOS, I Always have done and since I departed the committee, I understand even more so.

But they aren't lying, and they aren't fleecing and I would find such accusations insulting to the hard work they do. Quite frankly, it's a fucking disgrace to accuse them without hard evidence.

People need to realise that a Union is a two way street, you are part of a Union because you can bring something to the table. The Union is what it is today because of the fans, the Union isn't what it should be, also because of the fans.

Since it was started the same questions, the same 'worries' and the same half hearted attitudes have come up...

We Can't do anything about the owners?

The Owners own the club?

SOS Haven't done this, the SOS haven't done that?

It really grates on me that we have people from far off places, slating the very fans that are trying their up most to rid the club of this cancer. Some people are in a position to help, and if you aren't in a position to help then if you haven't got anything good to say, don't say anything at all.

It reminds me of the march v United last September, as great and as exceptional as the turnout was, people where just taking fotos, and taking videos, not joining in. It was an absolute disgrace, and I bet they are the same people who moan about what the SOS does or doesn't do.

In my honest opinion, the SOS will never become what it can become because so much of our fans are apathetic wankers, especially the ones who can help, but refuse to take action and would much rather take shots from afar.

The Spirit of Shankly has always been about putting the fans first, they have always been about the fans and forever will be about the fans, but people have to remember this Union will only exist as long as their are fans to help support it. The Union cannot function without fans wanting to help and showing support, and the bottom line is, if you can't show support it won't prosper, and I'm not talking about the 10er a year, I'm talking about action. Then the Union will be what many fans reckoned it would be, a failure, and it won't the committee's fault, it will be the fault of the fans, as a collective entity.

You have absoutely no idea what you are talking about

I have no clue what SOS are up to so I have decided to keep out of this thread but the OP is a fucking idiot. All I know is that their main aim is to get rid of G&H but they have been focusing on other things, for example, the cheaper tickets.

That is my take on them, is it correct?

Not loaded anymore UEM - times are hard for me now!

I think the point of the £10 was to see some action, instead the members hardly know what's going on. Only the other day Barry told me that the decision not to protest was taken way before the love in with Rafa - so how come none of us know about it?

But we sure do know about drinking fests in Ireland and Norway!

Only the other day Barry told me that the decision not to protest was taken way before the love in with Rafa - so how come none of us know about it?

SOS definitely have a problem with communication, as Dougie Do'ins pointed out earlier in the thread. For example, I signed up last summer and I never got my welcome pack. That's partly my fault as I never chased them up but still...

I think the union started off well, but people who started have now stopped. I'd be very curious as to hear why people like atk, Dougie Do'ins and Barry Wom and UEM have distanced themselves from the day to day running of the union. These are people I respect and trust - I'd be interested to hear.

and u do! like your mate at rbs saying that they are only giving ext cos of what liv fans might do! yea right,,theyve already got the 6 months..fact

Considering I was a founding member of SOS, yes, I do believe I'm qualified to offer comment

And in regards to the loan extension, let's just see shall we?

I approve of the name you have chosen. You are very aptly named.

Not loaded anymore UEM - times are hard for me now!

I think the point of the £10 was to see some action, instead the members hardly know what's going on. Only the other day Barry told me that the decision not to protest was taken way before the love in with Rafa - so how come none of us know about it?

But we sure do know about drinking fests in Ireland and Norway!

In all honestly Rashid I think the term "drinking fests" may be slightly OTT. However I do think the time money and effort involving these trips could have been used in other ways.

They can kiss my arse I didn't even get a welcome letter or a bloody badge when i joined. That said I will probably join again only for the cheaper away travel. I bet they aren't so slow letting me know my membership is about to expire and they need my tenner for renewal than they have been sending my membership pack and badge out.

They can kiss my arse I didn't even get a welcome letter or a bloody badge when i joined. That said I will probably join again only for the cheaper away travel. I bet they aren't so slow letting me know my membership is about to expire and they need my tenner for renewal than they have been sending my membership pack and badge out.

I'm still waiting my membership pack an all strangely enough

We were getting slaughtered for the protests at one point? Remember when all the beauts in the kop turned on block 306 telling us to 'support the team' when we had been the only ones actually supporting the team throughout the last two seasons?

Don’t you just love the silent fans that only turn up to watch game and not have an over view on all things Liverpool isn’t that what’s supporting your club is. Or is it just turning up paying at the door enough because I know which side I would be on does that make me a supper fan no! It don’t off the pitch there are a lot of things wrong with the club but the more fans that sing for the yanks to get out the better!!!