You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

The guy who told me about the barry deal being done (as atk told us also), just told me that its going to be harder than we imagined.

dont know what that means (yet. im seeing him on friday at a party tho), whether barry wants too much or aston villa have other suitors

but he goes verbal agreements made 2 weeks ago are being tested, which we did not imagine.

also, an update on the babel situation - another offer has been tabled by roma and is being considered. I dont know what its worth, but it has definately been tabled in the last week.

Here we go again ................

Could that have something to do with reports he's been offered 80k a week to stay at Villa I wonder ..........

Edited by Chinandeler Bong

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again ................

Could that have something to do with reports he's been offered 80k a week to stay at Villa I wonder ..........

people dont have to take my word as gospel...

iv never come on here and claimed they are

its just what i get from people who have been fairly clued up with the club

in terms of the 80K at villa, i searched for it now and i know what your refering to. Not really no, that story has little to do with what i said. its still going to happen, but unlike we thought before, its not more or less done. Villa will not keep Barry at all this summer, that is certain. As i said, either barry wants too much or Villa have other offers.

and that article, nor any other article, has anything to do with my information on babel (which i also gave two weeks ago).

eitherway, you dont have to listen to me, its fine. in the last week i told everybody about chikhiaou and around 4 days later around 3/4 news sites also lead on it. just telling you what i hear.. afteral its the speculation thread

people dont have to take my word as gospel...

iv never come on here and claimed they are

its just what i get from people who have been fairly clued up with the club

in terms of the 80K at villa, i searched for it now and i know what your refering to. Not really no, that story has little to do with what i said. its still going to happen, but unlike we thought before, its not more or less done. Villa will not keep Barry at all this summer, that is certain. As i said, either barry wants too much or Villa have other offers.

and that article, nor any other article, has anything to do with my information on babel (which i also gave two weeks ago).

eitherway, you dont have to listen to me, its fine. in the last week i told everybody about chikhiaou and around 4 days later around 3/4 news sites also lead on it. just telling you what i hear.. afteral its the speculation thread

Chill mate ..Chill ..........

Im not doubting you in anyway mate , I dont take what anyone says as gospel tbf , just wondered if that article was relevant thats all ........

Chill mate ..Chill ..........

Im not doubting you in anyway mate , I dont take what anyone says as gospel tbf , just wondered if that article was relevant thats all ........

:telloff: NO, FUCK YOU!

haha ;) kiddin mate

yeah you probably shouldnt. i dont even take my own word as gospel, fuck knows what i go on about. i honestly hadnt seen that article, but from what i got, its got nothing to do with villa wanting him because theyr resigned to letting him go.

there will be many twists and turns, i guess this is just the place to check if you wana go along for the transfer ride. :| should be fun

Oh fuck this. I think we're fucking mad thinking we'll get Tevez.

I didn't want to say anything but now I just have to, because waiting until something happens will just take way too long and my brain might explode or something.

Fergie sells Ronaldo and has loads of cash, he's probably got money to buy Tevez without any of that cash anyway, so why would he sell him?

He'll for starters not want us to have him, then there's the added fact that he's going for number 19 next season and does anyone here honestly think he's going to allow us to get there first with the help of a player he just let go, and leave him needing two more years minimum to get past us? And if we do hit 19 there's the added fact that we'll then have tons of confidence back.

And he can also keep his fans happy.

So we think he'll not only piss off his fans buy not signing him, but then also let him go to his biggest rivals just when they're looking like a force again and it's the season he could finally get the Mancs to pass us with titles.

I just think it's fucking mad.

Well, if it forces him to buy a player he supposedly doesn't want, then at least some good would come out of it. I'd like us to get Tevez. The bit in bold is the thing though, he isn't selling him. there is a difference. they have an option to buy him at an agreed price, one that is above what he wants to pay.

Haha! The rag reckons we're lining up a FIFTY mil bid for Tevez!

Deluded fucking cunts!

edit : just checked, they reckon 26mil fee + 160k a week, worth 8.3mil a year. They're just fucking stupider than I even imagined.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Which rag, THE rag? And if it is, how did you check?

I checked by clicking on the site, sticking my finger up at the logo, scrolling down and then checking the story. At least we now know that it isn't 50mil in a fee though. The BBC tells fuck all of that, but they only do the headline type info anyway. If they'd have just added that extra detail of how the 50mil was made up I would've been spared going there though.

Oh and I laughed at another stupid story there that reckons north east clubs will sue Slur if he fields a weak team against Hull. I don't even want to know how or where they get their shit from, it's ridiculous.

Finally, how much money is Gerrard on a week? Do they just think Tevez will come in and be on more? Because I didn't think he was at 160k.

Edited by Red Phoenix

They reckon 26mil fee and 160,000 a week hahahaha, we're going to pay Tevez more than Gerrard and Torres yeah good reporting there.

I thought they were on less than that. Pathetic reporting at it's worst. Maybe they should've added the wages to bring Torres and Gerrard up to what Tevez would have had then added another few mil.

And I still feel sick from visiting that site. They can write what they want now, not going back there again and am personally viewing visiting the shitty place on par with buying the actual rag itself.

Gareth Barry offered mega-deal by Aston Villa

Aston Villa are offering Gareth Barry a huge new deal to keep him out of Liverpool's clutches.

Martin O'Neill is willing to break the club's wage structure and sanction midfielder Barry, 28, getting a whopping £80,000 a week to stay. He is currently on £47,000.

Mirror

You shouldn't visit the rag's website no matter how tempting the promised stories or pictures might be, because it all makes them seem a little more popular than they are.

If you bought the paper and then wiped your arse with it they'd still register a sale.

Exactly. Any reference to that thing makes my skin crawl.

I checked by clicking on the site, sticking my finger up at the logo, scrolling down and then checking the story. At least we now know that it isn't 50mil in a fee though. .

what do you mean "at least we know"? It's the fucking sun - if they'd had a web site in 1989, would you be saying "at least we know they pissed on the dead"? I can't fucking believe anyone red would

1. go to the sun's website, it's no different from buying it

and 2. actually thinks anything they print is relevant. It's not, it's made up bullshit to sell it's fucking rag to idiots. They lie, ignore it.

Spanish press full of quotes from Xabi's agent that suggest he is inviting a bid from Real Madrid. This agent is in the press rather too much for my liking - constantly commenting on Xabi's future, often with contradictory messages.

We're also linked heavily with a young spanish centre-back called Alvaro (Abel) Dominguez, who is currently at Atletico but failed to agree a new deal.

Spanish press full of quotes from Xabi's agent that suggest he is inviting a bid from Real Madrid. This agent is in the press rather too much for my liking - constantly commenting on Xabi's future, often with contradictory messages.

We're also linked heavily with a young spanish centre-back called Alvaro (Abel) Dominguez, who is currently at Atletico but failed to agree a new deal.

It's Rafa with a fake non-beard

It's peoples own choice what sites they go to, I personally didn't go there I saw it on the BBC but I certainly wouldn't tell someone off for visiting that site they can do what they like.

It does annoy me a bit when Liverpool fans tell other fans what they should and shouldn't do to be a proper fan, it's like having Liverpool supporters police at times.

It's peoples own choice what sites they go to, I personally didn't go there I saw it on the BBC but I certainly wouldn't tell someone off for visiting that site they can do what they like.

It does annoy me a bit when Liverpool fans tell other fans what they should and shouldn't do to be a proper fan.

Any other website, fine. That one? No chance. Just look at the Steven Cohen thread for the daily, ongoing fight against ignorance.

As for Tevez, I've heard it's going to be another 2 year loan but that can't be right, surely? Surely the FA wouldn't allow that to happen again?