You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

True but all those players named there are 10 times better than Kuyt. They have pace, skill, can beat a man and score goals. Kuyt can score (hardly prolific) and defend.

If any of those players wanted to come to Liverpool in exchange for Kuyt and 10m I'd take them in a heart beat. 20 in Bale's case.

I'd love any of them, but let's not kid ourselves that Bale is ever going to be prolific, and none of them have been that impressive before this season.

I'd love any of them, but let's not kid ourselves that Bale is ever going to be prolific, and none of them have been that impressive before this season.

Agreed.

Not sure how well Bale is going to develop in terms of scoring but it is certainly helping him right now playing with the likes of Modric, VdV et al.

As much as I want Kuyt to NOT be in the starting 11 for us, it is hardly fair comparing him against the last 5 months form of Malouda and Nasri.

Only a couple of years ago we all thought we dodged a bullet with Malouda.

Agreed.

Not sure how well Bale is going to develop in terms of scoring but it is certainly helping him right now playing with the likes of Modric, VdV et al.

As much as I want Kuyt to NOT be in the starting 11 for us, it is hardly fair comparing him against the last 5 months form of Malouda and Nasri.

Only a couple of years ago we all thought we dodged a bullet with Malouda.

How people can still underrate Bale is beyond me, the lad is frightening.

I still believe Modric is the key to that Spurs team don't get me wrong but Bale has come up against the best in the world in his position (Maicon) and had him on toast, pretty much like he has any other unfortunate right back he's come up against.

Bale scores goals, he takes free kicks, his pace and skill see him get open looks and he has the power to finish them as well as the accuracy.

Why is it not fair comparing Kuyt against more technically gifted players who fulfill the same role? If Malouda hadn't just had 2 quality seasons or even 1 then yeah maybe I could see how it would be unfair to compare them but since Hiddink and then Ancelloti the man has been superb.

Bale is as good as any other left winger I can think of in the world in terms of what he can bring to a team. Modric pulls the strings, Bale and Lennon deliver the pace and width and VDV provides the genius. If Spurs get a 30 goal a season striker they are second only to Barca in terms of frightening attacking talent for my money.

What happens when they bring Jenas back into that team? He's shown up for what he is, not good enough to be first team in a special attack.

I can't see how Bale won't score goals in that Spurs setup.

Nani has always had the raw talent and like Bale is showing what happens when you nurture this talent.

Malouda already proved himself and how you can say he hasn't been this impressive before this season when he was along with Drogba the stand out player in a double winning side I have no idea.

I still believe Modric is the key to that Spurs team don't get me wrong but Bale has come up against the best in the world in his position (Maicon) and had him on toast, pretty much like he has any other unfortunate right back he's come up against.

Bale scores goals, he takes free kicks, his pace and skill see him get open looks and he has the power to finish them as well as the accuracy.

Why is it not fair comparing Kuyt against more technically gifted players who fulfill the same role? If Malouda hadn't just had 2 quality seasons or even 1 then yeah maybe I could see how it would be unfair to compare them but since Hiddink and then Ancelloti the man has been superb.

Bale is as good as any other left winger I can think of in the world in terms of what he can bring to a team. Modric pulls the strings, Bale and Lennon deliver the pace and width and VDV provides the genius. If Spurs get a 30 goal a season striker they are second only to Barca in terms of frightening attacking talent for my money.

What happens when they bring Jenas back into that team? He's shown up for what he is, not good enough to be first team in a special attack.

I agree with bits and pieces overall but I'm not going beyond that. This is really for a different thread.

This thread is all about panicking about will Suarez come or won't he?

Panic is good so lets stick to the agenda.

Maicon is average defensively, and Bale got owned twice by Phil Neville.

Actually, just on it myself now, translated google page.

Similar set-up to RAWK in the easy to follow thread rooms. Just went to 'Rumour attackers', and it looks like they're interested in Van Wolfswinkel, Eidur Gujohnsson, Bas Dost, Adi Fannendo.

Some Ajax lad complaining that we paid 17m Euros for Babel but only willing to pay 15m Euros for Suarez.

'Unacceptable' is his view on that.

Lots of other interesting topics on there though. For example, did you know that Ajax offer a half-season ticket? Genius.

Does he really want to join us though??? I'd have thought he wanted to play in the Champions League. I think his agent is drumming up transfer talk to get other clubs interested, we're being used as a smoke screen IMO.

Jesus Christ.

Yeah, none of it's true. We're making bids and having negotiations for a fucking laugh.

Does he really want to join us though??? I'd have thought he wanted to play in the Champions League. I think his agent is drumming up transfer talk to get other clubs interested, we're being used as a smoke screen IMO.

My dear boy,

If you wanted to sign Luis Suarez, would you spend the best part of two weeks haggling about a fee with his club and THEN ask if he fancies it?

Or would you subtely ask the lad first and THEN go to the expense of negotiating a fee with his club?

Do you not think that Suarez might have caught whispers of our interest and actually come out himself and said he doesn't want to join us by now?

Or maybe you're right, it's an elaborate PUNK'D episode and Ashton Kutcher is going to surprise Damien Comolli later in the week.

I agree with bits and pieces overall but I'm not going beyond that. This is really for a different thread.

This thread is all about panicking about will Suarez come or won't he?

Panic is good so lets stick to the agenda.

Carra is legend, who is that hottie in your avatar?

Saw it a while back but having been hypnotised by it for the last 10 minutes I thought it was about time i asked.

Sounds it to me. Making laughable bids that are being scorned at by the receiving club.

So, remind me again, Liverpool are making "laughable bids" that are being "scorned at" by Ajax, in order to help Suarez move to a different club?

Perhaps I haven't expolred the full extent of your logic here, but could you explain to me the long-term gain for LFC?

The new regime at LFC wants to keep business private. De Boer and Holloway didn't get the messsage! LFC is counting on pressure from the players to force a deal on more favorable terms. It is working (though not completely) with Adam. It may or may not work with Suarez because the Dutch can be - and usually are - bloody-minded when it comes to money.

There's still a long way to go! Remember - Babel is staying at LFC!

The new regime at LFC wants to keep business private. De Boer and Holloway didn't get the messsage! LFC is counting on pressure from the players to force a deal on more favorable terms. It is working (though not completely) with Adam. It may or may not work with Suarez because the Dutch can be - and usually are - bloody-minded when it comes to money.

There's still a long way to go! Remember - Babel is staying at LFC!

Is he?

Babel set for Hoffenheim - Liverpool FC