You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

She told me that me being a cunt didnt stop me liking her cat. Ah well...

She sounds like a complicated one mate. Have no idea why she's taking it out on you, once again I can only apologise.

Maybe just tell her she has a big arse and then run to the pub? I mean if you're going to get bollocked it might aswell be for something you've done rather than something I did.

It is reckless driving to endanger other road users to avoid hitting cats or dogs. I think the law just covers what you do after you've hit the animal, depending on which animal it is. If you can avoid smashing into the animal you should, but only if it is safe to do so - otherwise you are obliged by law, and common sense, to mow the fuckers down.

Guest davelfc
It is reckless driving to endanger other road users to avoid hitting cats or dogs. I think the law just covers what you do after you've hit the animal, depending on which animal it is. If you can avoid smashing into the animal you should, but only if it is safe to do so - otherwise you are obliged by law, and common sense, to mow the fuckers down.

There is no offence in the Uk any more called reckless driving. It was changed to dangerous driving in 1991. You are not obliged by law to hit any animals on the road. Show me that law.

There are many cases that where a large animal could cause injury to the driver of a car. A large dog, deer etc. Obviously someone swerving to avoid a small animal and hitting an oncoming car could be guilty of dangerous driving.

Swerving on an empty road where there were no other cars would not be an offence. So yes, you're right the offence comes after, the consequences, when it causes damage or harm to others.

Most councils now insist that dogs are kept on a lead, so they shouldn't be running out in front of cars anyway.

Personally, I would only brake for an animal if it was safe to do so.

You did the right thing mate. As a responsible dog owner myself, I wouldn't leave my dog outside in the cold for 5 minutes, let alone a few hours. Especially considering how freezing it has been lately.

Dogs love that shit, they wash their balls in ice water. Farmers take the little blighters out on the moors all day long without a four-legged Berghaus in sight.

They really are superior creatures in every way (except driving skills, possibly)

Awesome

Two Legged Dog

I cant remember who said this - i have a feeling it was Churchill but

Dogs look up to you, Cats look down on you but only pigs treat you as their equal.

Cats are shits, dogs stink of the devils gonads - buy a pig instead. I know I will, and after I have loved him and fattened him, I shall eat him with mustard. And then I will do the same to his children and to generations therafter.

Buy a pig, its a pet with purpose.

Dogs love that shit, they wash their balls in ice water. Farmers take the little blighters out on the moors all day long without a four-legged Berghaus in sight.

They really are superior creatures in every way (except driving skills, possibly)

Awesome

Two Legged Dog

My dog, an apparently very aggresive Staffordshire Bull Terrier, climbed under the covers last night because she was that cold. I go upstairs to find her, head on pillow, under the duvet. What the fucks going on these days?

My dog, an apparently very aggresive Staffordshire Bull Terrier, climbed under the covers last night because she was that cold. I go upstairs to find her, head on pillow, under the duvet. What the fucks going on these days?

Oh they love their comfort dogs do, no doubt about it, when the shit hits the fan though they will rock n roll at the drop of a hat.

These fucks were guarding Roman camps in Germania, they know when to stand tall.

I cant remember who said this - i have a feeling it was Churchill but

Dogs look up to you, Cats look down on you but only pigs treat you as their equal.

Cats are shits, dogs stink of the devils gonads - buy a pig instead. I know I will, and after I have loved him and fattened him, I shall eat him with mustard. And then I will do the same to his children and to generations therafter.

Buy a pig, its a pet with purpose.

That funny i always wanted a pop belly pig there ace.

i knew this thread would end up filled with hate for cats.

i'm going to ignore most of it (except for leeson) and try and raise the level of discussion with literature...

We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals. Remote from universal nature, and living by complicated artifice, man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. We patronize them for their incompleteness, for their tragic fate of having taken form so far below ourselves. And therein we err, and greatly err. For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.”

henry beston, 'the outermost house' (good book for a lazy holiday read on the beach)

having came home 2 hours ago i noticed 2 puppy dogs in a car barking/whineing outside my front door.They could have been there all day but my evidence is 2/3 hours. My conscience took the better of me so i decided to phone the RSPCA. The guy on the phone told me that there is no evidence that they have been there all day so there's not much they can do in this situation, but if there still there in the morning i should get in touch again to report the matter.

I replied "would you leave your baby in a car for 3 hours in this weather with no heating?" to which he replied "dogs are adaptable to such extremes of weather" i then said "they're not huskies!"

Anyway after getting no joy from this body that protects animals i started to think of some way to punish the prick who likes to freze their dogs. I contemplated a straightforward note on the windscreen, but realised that it would probably not register in such a feeble mind. So i eventually decided to key the fuk out of the side panels which not being the best solution would hurt the individual in the pocket.

The damage to the car is only temporary and can be fixed, the psychological damage to the dogs being stuck in a cold car for 3 hours minimum will be permanent.

Am i right/wrong in my actions? opinions please to ease my nagging conscience.

Committing acts of criminal damage in order to give oneself a feeling of the moral high ground = Wrongsville.

i knew this thread would end up filled with hate for cats.

i'm going to ignore most of it (except for leeson) and try and raise the level of discussion with literature...

We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals. Remote from universal nature, and living by complicated artifice, man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. We patronize them for their incompleteness, for their tragic fate of having taken form so far below ourselves. And therein we err, and greatly err. For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.”

henry beston, 'the outermost house' (good book for a lazy holiday read on the beach)

My favourite cat poem

"ode to Spot"

Felis catus is your taxonomic nomenclature,

An endothermic quadruped, carnivorous by nature;

Your visual, olfactory, and auditory senses

Contribute to your hunting skills and natural defenses.

I find myself intrigued by your sub-vocal oscillations,

A singular development of cat communications

That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection

For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.

A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents,

You would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance.

And when not being utilized to aid in locomotion

It often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion.

Oh Spot, the complex levels of behavior you display

Connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array;

And though you are not sentient, Spot, and do not comprehend,

I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend.

• 9 years later...

I get the point though. At least we have the good grace to keep our animal cruelty hidden away on farms and in abattoirs, which shows we at least have a modicum of shame over it. Whereas a society that tolerates dancing bears is utterly shameless.