You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bascombe latest effort

PaulMcC

His agent has admitted speaking to them. Perhaps they need actual photographic evidence that Rafa has in person, but I would not bet against him having done so, put it that way.

I’ve never got the antagonism of Rafa’s agent talking to Juve, and I seriously doubt Rafa has had any direct contact. It will go on all the time. I bet Wenger’s agent talks to clubs, Mourinho’s agent talks to clubs, Torres’s agent talks to clubs, Gerrard’s agent talks to clubs, Rooney’s agent talks to clubs, etc.

That’s the whole point of agents though isn’t it? Clubs players and managers can get around all the messy business of getting approached or offering people jobs while they’re still employed elsewhere by going through the agent.

Unless you’re Ashley Cole of course in which case you meet in person in a busy restaurant to find out how much cash you’re going to get.

The deliberate leaking of details of meetings to the press to try and force the club’s hand is another matter though.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised it's not gross misconduct talking to Juventus actually. I don't really begrudge him doing it by the way, just wondering how he or Juve can get away with it.

It is gross misconduct,so why is he still here?I would guess the answer is because there is no evidence any of it happend.

Even odder is the fact CP is still here after the sos episode.I mean all the stuff he said about the owners and there was proof of him saying everything.

When you consider Riera was thrown on the transfer list for saying LFC was a sinking ship,it seems a bit strange.

Then what about all these players who say they are leaving,because of Rafa or there unhappy here.

Something just add up about it all,I mean it sounds like someone is trying to unsettle the players and the manager.

I cant believe it could be someone at the club causing trouble and trying to make players leave.Whats the logic in trying to unsettle players by starting rumours which some fans believe,thus turning fans against players and manager,which in turn could make the players leave.

Whats the point in someone trying to lay the blame on the manager if any of these players do leave,all that does is make it look as if its the managers fault.

Ok them players who might leave would bring in millions to the club.

Its not as if the cash is not going to be spent on new players now is it.

What owner would want to see his club suffer and his investment go down the pan.

Take Tom Hicks for instance,surely this unmoney driven fine upstanding guy,who is best friends with one of the most honest presidents in American history,would not dream of letting this happen.

I mean look at the texan college money,that Bush let him use to buyout firms and for his own means,I bet good old Tom left iou notes everytime he dipped into it.

Next we will be hearing that Tom is draining millions out of the club, into some offshore account in a far off place.

Its not as if Tom is known to buy companies with his own cash,and then sell off the sellable parts of that company now is it.

Whatever next,I waiting for CP is just a guy,who is just trying to get a foothold in the club,a fan living the dream.

Its not like he is a highly succesful buisnessman,who got hired by Hicks now is it.

He is just a fan who happend to stupidly reveal all these problems the owners had.I mean he said about all these investors he had lined up.

It wasn't as if he lied now is it,or how he forgot to mention the owners were looking to sell the club,at that time.

Then after all that stuff he said and wasn't sacked,just dosent make sense does it.

Whatever next,I bet it will be the owners new exactly what he was going to say about them,infact maybe they had briefed him even.

Surely not,that fine honest loveable Tom,he would never do anything that underhand would he.

Just as much as Stevie did in 04 & 05, but he's putting up with a far worse fucking situation

Stevie has more than paid us back for that, and believe me I was very bitter over that whole situation to the point I thought shouldn't be our captain ever again.

Wow! The TEAM is out in force and poor old Real Red is in the crosshairs!

You can fully answer the questions all you want RR, but I doubt it'll stop people asking them as, god forbid, you have actually answered them clearly, so why would that stop them?

As an independent observer, free of the knowledge of context which seems to be clouding the exchanges, RealRed has in my view been nothing but clear from the off.

It seems like there's a second agenda, and no matter how reasonable he is being, for some it just won't do.

I know nobody personally on here, but I know I like RR more than I like Beachcomber.

As an independent observer, free of the knowledge of context which seems to be clouding the exchanges, RealRed has in my view been nothing but clear from the off.

It seems like there's a second agenda, and no matter how reasonable he is being, for some it just won't do.

I know nobody personally on here, but I know I like RR more than I like Beachcomber.

Seconded

I'm kind of in the same boat, know no one, neither here or at the club. and agree with what you wrote. RR argues things reasonably, as you said. A lot of the times these arguments seem to be a follow up of things someone said at the pub, and seem to escalate beyond usual name calling to something personal.

Not that there's anything wrong with it as such, it can be highly entertaining, however it most definitely is embarrassing at times, as well.

The Clique

The TEAM

The agenda

All one way traffic?

Stop being so fucking stupid.

Of course nobody said anything of the sort, but you go right ahead anyway. We shouldn't stop the stupid jumping to conclusions now that some seem to have it perfected.

Thousands of miles away,two old guys sit drinking together.

One is reading the sports pages from the English papers.

He turns to the other guy and says gee look at them Liverpool fans,there all turning against each other,and blaming everybody from the tealady to the manager for the problems.

The other guy chortles,and replies yup ''easier than taking candy from a baby''

The guy laughs and nods his head in agreement,as another days £55,000 clears into the bank accounts.

It's these poor fuckers who can only communicate through the rep/neg (usually neg!) that I feel sorry for.

"Chief Sheep Shagger Of The Clique".

I likes it. In fact I'm having business cards made.

I deserved it though. Sorry for the "so fucking stupid" line, not my usual form of communication.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris has missed his scoop there, hasn't he?

Typical arrogance from Spain giants pursuing Cesc + Gerrard 2day. But as big Prem clubs act same chasing players, moaning is hypocritical.

about 16 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Bascombe's scoops are usually from players though aren't they? This is board level.

Plus his newspaper comes out only on a Sunday, so he couldn't have actually written anything.

Any inside info at the Notw will have gone to the S*n.

Still don't get why people make such a fuss over Bascombe, both ways.

I see Chris is now on Twitter.

Chris Bascombe (ChrisBasco_NOTW) on Twitter

Nice one. Ordinarily I wouldn't follow this guy off a burning oil rig, but couldn't bear missing out on such nuggets as 'Favoured DVD viewing of many England lads is The Wire (great choice). Box sets are packed. Reckon Fabio more of a Sopranos man myself.'

How can a writer make it to a national without knowing the distinction between 'less' and 'fewer'? Oh...

Must admit I don't really take pleasure from slagging the guy off as, genuinely, I used to enjoy his Echo match reports - but I was only a kid then. Put it down to the naivety of youth (often I'd be swigging off a bottle of Orange Lucozade and piss in my own mouth by mistake ffs!). That, and his style of stock phrases and crowbarred topical 'wit' has long since worn thin.

I remember listening to him as summariser on Radio Merseyside growing up - he was insightful and knowledgeable... if you could get past that midget-on-helium-with-its-balls-trapped-a-vice nasal whine. Sometimes the commentary would cut out but if you checked the next room and the dog was having a seizure and shitting everywhere you knew it was just Chris talking.

Also, when did he get The AIDS? I remember him being much fatter and fanny-headed. That profile picture is shocking: a recovering Belsen freak with a nose that's been stamped on by an elephant.

Like I say, I don't take much pleasure from it.

Edited by chauncey