You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We're playing Stoke at Anfield, and you're setting up our defence according to Stoke's throw-ins?

Have you watched Stoke?

Sami has to play. Any throw in in our half almost, becomes like a corner. Its not being afraid of Stoke, its a sensible precaution.

Don't get why people are complaining about the team/rotation either really. Its a perfectly acceptable team and one we would have seen almost to a man when we were on the run at the back end of last season.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm totally relaxed. I haven't shown any signs of losing my cool have I mate? Just disappointed with the tinkering so early in the season, that's all.

I don't think Keane needs a rest and Lucas isn't a better player than Alonso so it's moot IMO.

We now have enough players for 2 strong teams. I have no problem with rotation, especially as the team ran their arses off at the weekend.

Bring on a 2-0 win. Torres and Lucas.

Have you watched Stoke?

Sami has to play. Any throw in in our half almost, becomes like a corner. Its not being afraid of Stoke, its a sensible precaution.

Don't get why people are complaining about the team/rotation either really. Its a perfectly acceptable team and one we would have seen almost to a man when we were on the run at the back end of last season.

Stoke's main attacking tactic will probably be diagonal balls through the air in the hope of winning throw ins.

I think we'll win and there's no doubt that the team we have out proved last season that it's good enough to win these games.

I just think a few of the changes aren't necessary. Alonso could play next to Mascherano in this shape so I can't understand Lucas being favoured over him and even Gerrard as well.

It just grates on me a little to see five changes from a team that outplayed the Mancs.

We now have enough players for 2 strong teams. I have no problem with rotation, especially as the team ran their arses off at the weekend.

Bring on a 2-0 win. Torres and Lucas.

No we don't.

As for tonight I think we'll win comfortably. Quite happy with that line up as well as it look's as though were reverting back to last seasons system, which is what I wanted to see.

I think we'll win and there's no doubt that the team we have out proved last season that it's good enough to win these games.

I just think a few of the changes aren't necessary. Alonso could play next to Mascherano in this shape so I can't understand Lucas being favoured over him and even Gerrard as well.

It just grates on me a little to see five changes from a team that outplayed the Mancs.

I think that's a clear indication that Rafa doesn't think Xabi fits into this type of system, which is obviously why he tried to replace him with Barry in the summer.

Whilst I agree with that to an extent I don't think Lucas would be that much better though, so I could understand Xabi being pissed off at getting the chop for tonight.