You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good preview Dave, except Ben Arfa only signed for Marseille this summer, he was at Lyon before that. Apparently they let him go because they felt he has a suspect attitude. Niang is a good player for them, as is Valbuena. Marseille have started the season well, they are second in the league. They have Bakari Kone up front as well now and he's their top scorer with 3 goals this season. They seem to be in better shape than they were last season. We should still expect to beat them but I don't think they are a bad side.

Good preview Dave, except Ben Arfa only signed for Marseille this summer, he was at Lyon before that. Apparently they let him go because they felt he has a suspect attitude. Niang is a good player for them, as is Valbuena. Marseille have started the season well, they are second in the league. They have Bakari Kone up front as well now and he's their top scorer with 3 goals this season. They seem to be in better shape than they were last season. We should still expect to beat them but I don't think they are a bad side.

It was Nasri who didn't play against us, wasn't it? I'll have to edit that! Cheers mate.

Ben Arfa didnt play against us i think it was Nasri Cough

dont you just love it when you make a fuck up in full glare

we owe these fuckers a thumping they had us on the brink last time and i thought they where shite i think with the squad as it is now we will take 6 points off of them Top the table please boys 12 points from 4 games will do for starters

we owe these fuckers a thumping they had us on the brink last time

Hahaha come on Bob, how do work that one out? They beat us, and then we gave them a thumping. Bit harsh on them to say we owe them another one!

I'll take a win of any kind, and even a draw wouldn't disappoint me too much as providing we win our home games we should go through.

Assuming Torres and Gerrard are fit to start, I'd like to see this line up;

Reina

Arbeloa

Aurelio

Carra

Agger

Mascherano

Alonso

Babel

Gerrard

Riera

Torres

I'd bring Keane on for Torres after an hour, and if Gerrard needs to come off then I'd bring Dirk or Yossi on for him.

I have not been able to get excited about this match yet, even if its less than 24h away.

Finally beating the mancs again in the league is a hard match to follow.

I`m confident we will get a positive result, I`d like to see us having a go at them from the start but I think it will be a cautious approach as usual.

I`m in the camp who think the early goal on Saturday actually helped us, since we suddenly had nothing to lose just like when we have found ourselves behind in a few other matches I can think of.

Hahaha come on Bob, how do work that one out? They beat us, and then we gave them a thumping. Bit harsh on them to say we owe them another one!

I'll take a win of any kind, and even a draw wouldn't disappoint me too much as providing we win our home games we should go through.

Assuming Torres and Gerrard are fit to start, I'd like to see this line up;

Reina

Arbeloa

Aurelio

Carra

Agger

Mascherano

Alonso

Babel

Gerrard

Riera

Torres

I'd bring Keane on for Torres after an hour, and if Gerrard needs to come off then I'd bring Dirk or Yossi on for him.

What you would like to see and what your gonna get is totally different matter