You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Forum changes

dave u

Rashid brought it on himself by never listening to anyone else's point of view

simple as that

from my limited experience of this site differing or even outlandish opinions will be tolerated if you debate them passionately and sensibly and take on board the thoughts of others

the fellas that got banned never did this and ended up making this place a fucking tedious place to be

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

simple as that

from my limited experience of this site differing or even outlandish opinions will be tolerated if you debate them passionately and sensibly and take on board the thoughts of others

the fellas that got banned never did this and ended up making this place a fucking tedious place to be

That wasn't the problem though. making the same point repeatedly, often in the same thread WAS however. Cracking posts from quality posters often drowned in his repetetiveness.

Couldn't agree more Paul. I only post occassionally but I must point out that the way this forum panders to the mob displays the worst elements of human behaviour. Rashid's views may have been annoying to many; but the man talked football. Many posters on this forum seem to only be on the site to be hostile and abusive. Many feel that certain posters have become 'fair game' and will voluntarily divert from the topic of conversation to take cheap shots and hurl abuse.

The purpose of a 'Forum' is to provide individuals with an opportunity to share views and thoughts. The most interesting topics, are those where many have a variety of views. 99% of the posters on this site are Liverpool supporters, and have the club at heart. We all have opinions on players that we rate, formations that we think would work and views on how the club should operate. However, the mob has decided that certain individuals (players and managers) are untouchable, while some cannot be praised at all. The penalty of course is being abused and then banned.

If ever anyone has time, Google the word 'mobbing'. The behaviour of people on this site typically follows this weak herd mentality. I applaude Rashid for having the courage of his convictions and for rarely stooping to the level of those that frequently used him to have a free kick. I rarely heard him complain about the flack that he received. Yet, many would waste time on threads whining about the post of someone that they could easily choose to ignore.

Those among you that have an ounce of integrity or concience will appreciate this post. For those that do not, I'm sorry for wasting my time on you.

With all due respect mate you haven't had several years of the Rasher. It's a shame because he had more footballing knowledge in his little toe than some people on here, he just couldn't help himself.

Bottom line is, he was warned over and over and he chose to ignore those warnings.

Anyway, I'm not getting into this again it's been done to death more times than I care to remember.

simple as that

I don't think that is true. He did listen, he just didn't agree. There are plenty of people on here that are just as immovable, but because their opinions chime with the rest of the herd, the same behaviour is tolerated - in fact encouraged.

Many posters on this forum seem to only be on the site to be hostile and abusive.

I applaude Rashid for having the courage of his convictions and for rarely stooping to the level of those that frequently used him to have a free kick.

I like Rash and was always against his banning, but I'm afraid you are wrong if you feel he didn't abuse people. Part of Rash's problem would be that he did resort to abuse (and I understand from others he would often do it by PM as well).

I like Rash and was always against his banning, but I'm afraid you are wrong if you feel he didn't abuse people. Part of Rash's problem would be that he did resort to abuse (and I understand from others he would often do it by PM as well).

That's correct. The unseen abuse he would dish out was a definite factor in the way some people reacted to him in public. I never received anything like from him myself, but I know of at least one person who had all kinds thrown at him. My point on this thread was not to defend Rashid per se; rather it was to puncture the deluded/deceitful notion that one side was perfect and the other was the epitome of evil.

With all due respect mate you haven't had several years of the Rasher. It's a shame because he had more footballing knowledge in his little toe than some people on here, he just couldn't help himself.

Bottom line is, he was warned over and over and he chose to ignore those warnings.

Anyway, I'm not getting into this again it's been done to death more times than I care to remember.

a hell of a lot of stuff rash wanted 'I' want but he didn't temper that desire with realism. do football fans NEED to be realistic? well they do if they don't want to suffer constant disappointment.

in an ideal world I'd want brilliant wingers, and liverpool to play the kind of football that puts the '88 team to shame, but look who the manager is, look at his teams of the past, and the type of players he has purchased in the four full seasons he has been here.

and then there's the done to death nett spend argument and the oft repeated 'rafa has spent more than fergie' as if manu were shit when rafa arrived.

rash and xabi d are entitled to their opinion and I argreed with some of their opinions but it becomes VERY tiresome listening to that opinion over and over and over again in every single fucking thread.

poster - so where do you think liverpool will finish this season?

xabi d - nowhere if alonso is sold

rashid - and if it isn't first then questions need to be asked seeing as we've outspent manu

having said that I'm still sad to see rash go.

Those among you that have an ounce of integrity or conscience will appreciate this post. For those that do not, I'm sorry for wasting my time on you.

That's a remarkably arrogant statement. It is of course just your opinion, but you knew that right?

Rashid was a cancer to this forum.

Nobody will have a go at you for disagreeing with them on here, or if they do they are morons. I have had disagreements with people from Brownie to Red Nick and you can debate with people all day long and it can be very, very intelligent and a lot of people know when to walk away or say "Fair enough."

Rashid had a complete inability to do this. He merely repeated himself time after time after time and often changed his argument to suit his agenda, or, I think, to cause trouble. For example, he said in June during the Euros that Xabi and Barry are on an equal playing field, which was and still is my argument, but he turned around in mid August when someone said Barry was better than Alonso, that Alonso was far superior to Barry. He said things to deliberately wind people up. It has got nothing to do with "the mob" disagreeing with him. It's about attitude to other posters and being prepared to do some discussion. Rashid was incapable of doing this on a consistent basis.

And what some of you are missing is that TLW is Dave's business. TLW is his life, it is what puts food on the table for him. With the new season ticket, people are paying to be advanced members of the website. The people who have one of these tickets are Dave's customers, in laymans terms, me included. If your customers complain about something (Rashid, XabiD) then he has to take action, or it is bad for business, existing and potential new. Dave had done anything he can to stop short of the banning, but:

1) People couldn't be bothered to not quote Rashid, which made the "ignore" function effectively useless.

2) Rashid repeatedly ignored being told to tone it down because he was on the threshold of being banned.

3) A lot of good posters had gone missing beause of the squabbles going on started by Rashid and Xabi D. That's not good for the forum and again, good posters on TLW mean good business for Dave.

"mobbing" has got nothing to do with it. Rashid got exactly what he deserved, as did Xabi D.

There is a well known poem that sums up my feelings on censorship, war and what happens if we allow the people we disagree with to walk away with their dangerous idea tucked firmly in their pocket and a I spy, with my cock eyed eye, glint in their eye.

"They came for tactics truck, and I stood idly by, like a large TV set that is somehow, neither on nor off.

They came for Tommy Tank, and I applauded, as we didn't have Wii's in them days to prevent the habit, or if they did they were like £250 and I'm not paying that, best wait til next year.

Then they came for the cows and I figured burgers are nice, right?

They came for RED Spartan, and I assumed he must have deserved it somehow, failing that must have been collateral damage from the might of Dave.

They came for Maddie McCann and I thought of her parents at the bar, laughing and joking, lighting cigarettes and felt that they at least had a good time before finding their abandoned child missing so figured it must have been worth it.

They came for Ronaldo and how I wished he would go.

They came for Xabi D and I reasoned that he had it coming since he would not learn and would simply join another forum under the same name spouting the same vile defiled nihilled riled bile.

Then they came for Rashid and I thought, great, peace at last in the world and the Dodo came out of hiding, dispondant helpless agressive disabled people got up out their wheelchairs and ran home to tell their families the good tidings, Martins scored for NUFC against the Mancs, Jesus stood up to his Dad for once and started asking questions, stopped living off his father's fame and started his own venture, reading carrot cards for people for £5 a pop.

Then they called Montse a ginger and I felt a bit bad, the Mancs equalised, Jesus decided his lack of an education from an absent father, a poor whore mother and an inadequate carpenter stepfather had afforded him resulted in a winding up order of his business when really his own dyslexic shortcomings had resulted in a sever miscalculation with regards to the nature of his business so he moved back in with his Dad, agressive people formerly in wheelchairs beat the shit out of all the 'normies' feeling they had to reverse normal order or level the playing field or just plain 'get some' seeing as how their arms had the strength of 10 men.

Then they came for me and there was nobody left to speak up for me."

There is a well known poem that sums up my feelings on censorship, war and what happens if we allow the people we disagree with to walk away with their dangerous idea tucked firmly in their pocket and a I spy, with my cock eyed eye, glint in their eye.

"They came for tactics truck, and I stood idly by, like a large TV set that is somehow, neither on nor off.

They came for Tommy Tank, and I applauded, as we didn't have Wii's in them days to prevent the habit, or if they did they were like £250 and I'm not paying that, best wait til next year.

Then they came for the cows and I figured burgers are nice, right?

They came for RED Spartan, and I assumed he must have deserved it somehow, failing that must have been collateral damage from the might of Dave.

They came for Maddie McCann and I thought of her parents at the bar, laughing and joking, lighting cigarettes and felt that they at least had a good time before finding their abandoned child missing so figured it must have been worth it.

They came for Ronaldo and how I wished he would go.

They came for Xabi D and I reasoned that he had it coming since he would not learn and would simply join another forum under the same name spouting the same vile defiled nihilled riled bile.

Then they came for Rashid and I thought, great, peace at last in the world and the Dodo came out of hiding, dispondant helpless agressive disabled people got up out their wheelchairs and ran home to tell their families the good tidings, Martins scored for NUFC against the Mancs, Jesus stood up to his Dad for once and started asking questions, stopped living off his father's fame and started his own venture, reading carrot cards for people for £5 a pop.

Then they called Montse a ginger and I felt a bit bad, the Mancs equalised, Jesus decided his lack of an education from an absent father, a poor whore mother and an inadequate carpenter stepfather had afforded him resulted in a winding up order of his business when really his own dyslexic shortcomings had resulted in a sever miscalculation with regards to the nature of his business so he moved back in with his Dad, agressive people formerly in wheelchairs beat the shit out of all the 'normies' feeling they had to reverse normal order or level the playing field or just plain 'get some' seeing as how their arms had the strength of 10 men.

Then they came for me and there was nobody left to speak up for me."

Deffo a long time regular poster with an alter ego.

Seen as Tactics Truck and Tommy Tank were mentioned, and they were both the same person, I know where my money is. He's good value at the moment though, I just hope he doesn't spaz out again.

I mentioned that he was TT within a couple of his posts and he admitted it and apologised for the way he had behaved in the past.

Couldn't agree more Paul. I only post occassionally but I must point out that the way this forum panders to the mob displays the worst elements of human behaviour. Rashid's views may have been annoying to many; but the man talked football.

As someone else that only posts very occasionally, I have avoided this debate, though fascinating, as I see it as kinda none of my business. However, I would like to add my support to the thinking articulated by Paul and Aussie Red (far better than I could). In the 13 months I've been a regular reader of this forum, Rashid's views and persistence have ceratinly been prominent. Usually, they have made decent reading, if as everyone has said a bit negative and a bit repetitive. What hasn't made decent reading, is the ugly, thoughtless responses to his views. Mob like is exactly what it is. The worse responses come from those with a similar post count to mine, and seem to indicate a desire for acceptance rather than anything else.

Because of the preponderance of this, I actually agree with what Dave has done. Every thread was being ruined by petty name calling. But let's be clear: it was the anti-Rashid tendency that contributed most to the ruined threads. I say 'most' because sometimes you thought that Rashid could do everyone a favour and not generate the argument. Without seciond guessing Dave, I guess the problem was that Rashid should have done more to appreciate that the 'issue' was runing good debate. Maybe that's why he was banned.

Similarly with Xabi_D...why did people feel the need to respond to his admittedly strange views? I think his banning was more straightforward...he was obscure in turning threads to his agenda. He seemed a much more determined provacateur.

Nothing new in what I've said, I realise, but, that my tuppence worth.