You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest ian garro
He played really well in those 18 games too, aside from the goal issue.

Yeah, I didnt mean to imply that he didnt - that was one of the reasons everyone got behind him I think - he never hid, was always prepared to work hard. One of the reasons why the criticism he got from the rest of the Country ie, the Southern Press, was so ridiculous.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I didnt mean to imply that he didnt - that was one of the reasons everyone got behind him I think - he never hid, was always prepared to work hard. One of the reasons why the criticism he got from the rest of the Country ie, the Southern Press, was so ridiculous.

In fairness, you didn't imply it at all. It just got me thinking back to the game against Pompey where he missed the penalty. You could tell how much he wanted to get off the mark, but he was superb in that game nonetheless.

A damn shame really, it's good to have players that you genuinely like at Liverpool and he was one of them. I can trust him to score plenty against Everton and Man U in the future.

You know what else is brilliant ? I've just noticed that my auto spellcheck isn't recognising Everton as a proper word because it's underlining it.

Benitez dumping another of his signings, you have to wonder what he was playing at the first couple of years in terms of transfers

3 good seasons out of the big man,and a 4m profit??

Cheers Crouchie lad,you"ve left us with a lot of good memories,and your hat trick against Arsenal will live long in the memory.

All the best big man.

PS If you ever get tired of Abbey,give me a shout.

PETER CROUCH played 925 minutes for liverpool apparently......one more match, then he could have gotten substitued in the last ten minutes and he would have made 1000 minutes!!thats a shame......but dont worry we'll still be able to see his head poking out of the top of portsmouths stadium on every match!

a class act and a joy to watch at times, wasnt all good and the fee is a good return for us, but a big thanks to him and wish him all the best.

It was a priviledge to have been at anfield for his first, his 2 overheads and his hat trick.

I would like to thank Rashid and other individuals who gave him grief from day one, without them I don't think I would've loved him as much as I did and still do. Thanks for the memories Pete.

From day one? I think he gave him grief from a good month before he even signed.

Ah Peter, shame he has gone that hatrick against arsenal was extra special for me as the girlfriend went for a cheeky gobble on me as he got the third.

One thing that always made me laugh was when you got a shit stream for the match Peter Crouch was the only player I could recognise, until it sorted itself out.